Follow

Lady Stilt-Man

Character » Lady Stilt-Man appears in 49 issues.

A female criminal who adopted her codename in Stilt-Man's honor. Participated in Purple Man's Villains for Hire.

They are really pushin for her, huh?

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In her first appearance, she was a joke. Beaten by getting her legs stuck. Then she's in Villains for Hire and Masters of Evil, showing her as an actual villain and credible threat. Seems like they are really trying to make her out to be really competent. Here I thought she'd be another "one off female copy of a regular villain" like Lady Bullseye, and Marie Batroc and the daughter of Tarantula.

I'll be honest, I've kinda grown to like Lady Stilt-Man.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@degalon said:

In her first appearance, she was a joke. Beaten by getting her legs stuck. Then she's in Villains for Hire and Masters of Evil, showing her as an actual villain and credible threat. Seems like they are really trying to make her out to be really competent. Here I thought she'd be another "one off female copy of a regular villain" like Lady Bullseye, and Marie Batroc and the daughter of Tarantula.

I'll be honest, I've kinda grown to like Lady Stilt-Man.

But..but....I like Lady Bullseye.

Don't know the others....

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lady Who?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a weird name. Why not just go with Stilt-Woman?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it doesn't have LADY in it.....be polite scarlotte,you know that most every character that is a female version of a male character either has "lady" in her name or "she-(something)".

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Because it doesn't have LADY in it.....be polite scarlotte,you know that most every character that is a female version of a male character either has "lady" in her name or "she-(something)".

That needs to stop. I think there should only be a gender specific name if the male character has one.

Batman - Batwoman = Fine

Hulk - She-Hulk = Not so fine.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

That needs to stop. I think there should only be a gender specific name if the male character has one.

Batman - Batwoman = Fine

Agreed.

Or like Lady Mastermind (in fact that issue was referenced by Mystique in All New X men).

I think that her sister now has the name Mastermind,since Jason died.

But still. This isn't the 90s so that crap needs to stop...it's actually annoying.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I wonder if it's ever happened the other way round.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it...although I just thought of the name "He-Mystique" before you said....whaddya think :P

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Batman - Batwoman = Fine

I don't know. Hulkwoman just sounds kind of ridiculous.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: I wasn't suggesting that. My point was that Hulk isn't a male name, so a female version shouldn't really have a female name.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

They aren't trying to make her competent lol. She was in the group of D-List joke villains Spidey and Deadpool versed a few issues ago.

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

There's a podcast on tumblr called Super-Villain Team-Up, in which the original Porcupine and Eel interview a different lame super-villain each week. The Eel, apparently characterized as a womanizer, is obsessed with Lady Stilt-Man, and jokes that "she's got the legs and knows how to use them." The character hasn't actually "appeared" on their show, and is a satire, so not actually endorsed by Marvel at all. Still, sometimes it's brilliant and sometimes kinda lame.

She-Dragon, Lady Bullseye, and Madame [insert cool adjective or noun here] are also completely useless names. Why can't the Viper call herself the Supreme Hydra or Imperial Hydra or whatever other gender neutral adjective Hydra? I thought subversion was her thing. @v_scarlotte_rose, happily, isn't she_scarlotte_rose. In fact, roses, as Richard Fisk reminded us, aren't necessarily a feminine flower. Who gives them to women? Men trying to curry favor after forgetting anniversaries or burning the children alive or some other f***-up. Why isn't there a She-Rose??

I do wish there was a Lady Plantman, though. Ridiculous and funny.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

They aren't trying to make her competent lol. She was in the group of D-List joke villains Spidey and Deadpool versed a few issues ago.

I suppose it's alright if it's actually being used as a joke. It could even be a parody of other characters being named in such a way.

She-Dragon, Lady Bullseye, and Madame [insert cool adjective or noun here] are also completely useless names. Why can't the Viper call herself the Supreme Hydra or Imperial Hydra or whatever other gender neutral adjective Hydra? I thought subversion was her thing. @v_scarlotte_rose, happily, isn't she_scarlotte_rose. In fact, roses, as Richard Fisk reminded us, aren't necessarily a feminine flower. Who gives them to women? Men trying to curry favor after forgetting anniversaries or burning the children alive or some other f***-up. Why isn't there a She-Rose??

Hypothetically, She_Scarlotte_Rose would be fine, but pointless, as long as it wasn't the female equivalent of a male called Scarlotte_Rose. If there was a He_Scarlotte_Rose that I had copied, She_Scarlotte_Rose would be fine.

This is a weird conversation. I think I'll stick with V.

I'm fine with characters having gender specific names, but not if the gender has been added to a gender neutral name. It's not enough to make me dislike a character, but it's just a little annoying.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By SideburnGuru

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@sideburnguru: I wasn't suggesting that. My point was that Hulk isn't a male name, so a female version shouldn't really have a female name.

Oh, I was just wondering to be honest. I mean, I think it's the idea for all the Hulk characters though. Red Hulk, Grey Hulk, Hulk, She Hulk.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

I doubt it...although I just thought of the name "He-Mystique" before you said....whaddya think :P

Problem is, Mystique itself is "feminized" already. The "ique" ending, like you would find in Monique, Angelique, and so on. A male version of Mystique could be Mystical or Mysticman.

My head hurts. O_0

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cameron83

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Problem is, Mystique itself is "feminized" already. The "ique" ending, like you would find in Monique, Angelique, and so on. A male version of Mystique could be Mystical or Mysticman.

My head hurts. O_0

Hm..I never really thought of it that way....but I still like He-stique AND I'M STAYING BY IT :P

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

My head hurts. O_0

I'm trying to think of a male version of those names to try and come up with a correct male alternative, if Mystique is to be considered a gender specific name(not sure if it counts).

All I can think of is that the male alternative to Angelique would perhaps be Angelo. So Mysto?

Maybe Mystique is just a portmanteau of mystic and unique.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lykopis

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

My head hurts. O_0

Hm..I never really thought of it that way....but I still like He-stique AND I'M STAYING BY IT :P

He-stique is yours man! Take it easy....easy. That's a good boy.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lykopis

I'm trying to think of a male version of those names to try and come up with a correct male alternative, if Mystique is to be considered a gender specific name(not sure if it counts).

All I can think of is that the male alternative to Angelique would perhaps be Angelo. So Mysto?

Maybe Mystique is just a portmanteau of mystic and unique.

Good point, her name could be that. Mysto is a good one too.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@lykopis said:

@cameron83 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

My head hurts. O_0

He-stique is yours man! Take it easy....easy. That's a good boy.

XD okay..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.