Follow

Lady Shiva

Character » Lady Shiva appears in 299 issues.

Lady Shiva is most likely the deadliest assassin in the DC Universe. Shiva has trained Batman and has also trained the third Robin, Tim Drake. Shiva's daughter, Cassandra Cain, would later become the second Batgirl.

Move Reading Ability

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

My question is based on the issue where she teaches Cassandra Cain how to read movements again, after Cassandra had los the ability. So the question is: Can she teach anyone she chooses, or is she only able to teach those that had once already known but forgotten?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess what I really want to know is why didn't Batman learn it when he trained under her as well (according to her wiki).

@gambler I am guessing you would know. @saren You might as well since you are a Batman expert.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Batman didn't learn it because the ability didn't exist when he went to train under her --- it was tagged onto Shiva years later when she started to get involved in Cassandra's life. As far as I can remember there's no reason Shiva should even have it since people like Cass and Mad Dog only acquired it after spending years speaking only through body language as part of the experiment David Cain set up for kids like them. I figure she can probably teach anyone she chooses, but teaching someone like Cass would likely be easier and take less time due to familiarity.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Erik
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Saren pretty much answered this already. The David Cain body reading method wasnt around in 1994. But its a good question, if for no other reason then the back-log of former Shiva students (Robin, the Question, Bruce, Sin, the League of Assassins, etc) who were apparently never taught the move.

A better question is how come Batman doesnt already know it? David Cain taught him long before he taught Cass....

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Maybe it was just a refresher course. She lost it like *clicks* that which was never fully understood, then she learnt it like *click* that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.