Follow

Lady Shiva

Character » Lady Shiva appears in 299 issues.

Lady Shiva is most likely the deadliest assassin in the DC Universe. Shiva has trained Batman and has also trained the third Robin, Tim Drake. Shiva's daughter, Cassandra Cain, would later become the second Batgirl.

Lady Shiva Jason Todd's Mother?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By The_Ghostshell

I finally got around to reading, "Death in the Family." The famous Batman arc in which fans were able to call in and vote on the fate of Jason Todd (Robin at the time). To no ones surprise he got the thumbs down and thus the Joker's most famous kill became legend. However, as cool as that was, there was another small yet interesting storyline that had me acting like a fanboy. The search for Jason Todd's biological mother. Which had been narrowed down to three women, one of them being my favorite character, Lady Shiva. Say what? Could it be? I mean Jason Todd is pretty badass right? And in my opinion being the son of Sandra Woosan would add another dimension to his character. Sadly, as those of you who have read the arc know, it was not to be. She toys with Batman and Robin for a bit before she's defeated and injected with truth serum. She admits to having no children. Oh but wait, no children? What about Cassandra Cain? Is it possible that Shiva beat the truth serum and played Batman and Robin? It would be cool but more likely the DCU overlooked this fact when they created Cassandra Cain. So here's my question to you, the fans. Would you like to see the DCU flip the script and announce that Shiva is in fact Jason Todd's mother? Think of the possibilities. David Cain, Lady Shiva, Cassanda Cain, and Jason Todd vs Nightwing, Batman (bruce wayne), Damian, and Tim Drake. They would be the most serious characters in Batman's rogue gallery, they even have ties to Ras and his League of Assassin. I'd rather read something like that then Spoiler becoming Batgirl.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zoom

Basically, having him be anything but a gun crazy killer with zero reasoning behind his actions would add another dimension to his character.
    blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By blade hunter

if u think about it Lady Shiva is strongly linked with the batman family she trained tim drake and re-trained bruce, cassie cane's mum fought dick a few times and bats thought she was jason's mum, u never know she might be the new bat-girl O_0
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @blade hunter said:

"if u think about it Lady Shiva is strongly linked with the batman family she trained tim drake and re-trained bruce, cassie cane's mum fought dick a few times and bats thought she was jason's mum, u never know she might be the new bat-girl O_0 "

Yup. They're all heavily connected in one way or the other.
    edwardx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By edwardx1

@zoom: Zero reason? Dude he's been through more hell than any other member of the Bat-family. Even Batman has reasons to kill, he just doesn't. Jason gave into temptation. He kills criminals because he is sick of them. The drama being that he became a criminal himself.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By JayAaerow

Red Hood and the Outlaws #0 already tells of Jason Todd's mother. Lady Shiva being his mom really makes no sense whatsoever. An issue did say she trained him though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.