Enough is Enough

#1 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

After waiting and waiting for the grand return of my favorite character the day had finally arrived. Birds of Prey #6 hit the shelves and I ran out and bought TWO copies just for the cover alone. My fanboyish obsession wouldnt even allow me to read the first couple of panels, instead I skipped right to the fight. READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

First let me start by saying Shiva's last battle was less then impressive. What could have been a pretty cool showdown between Tim Drake and the deadliest martial artist (debatable) in the DCU instead turned into the infamous "Poisoned Hotel Chocolate" debacle. So redemption was in order. And if anyone could deliver one would have to assume Gail Simone could (AND WOULD :S). So there it was, Huntress and Shiva, one on one, badass against....wannabe badass. Now keep in mind the two had tangled before in the past and even with the aid of Catwoman they decided their best option was to flee/run away.  I like Huntress, I do, but she isnt anywhere near Shiva's league so I expected a valiant yet futile effort. And for a good..mmm, five panels I'd say Shiva kicks the living sh!t outta her. But for some strange reason a character who's a master of ALL known (and some forgotten) forms of hand to hand combat and master of the deadly one punch Leopard Blow, cant put Huntress down? Come on man, really? And then to top it all off what happens? Huntress (who has suddenly acquired Wonder Woman level durability) takes Shiva down. Wait, WHAT? Yeah, you read it correctly. Shiva goes down. But how you ask? Simple. Huntress threw blood in her eyes and then proceeded to whoop that ass. (not really but $#@!ing eh). And of course, before Shiva can gain any measure of retaliation, the fight is broken up. Whats up with this CLICHE BULLSH!T!?!? Its okay Gail, you can let a hero lose a goddamn battle once in awhile. Bush league.....Bush league.

Is this what I have to endure time and time again? Lets go over some of the more memorable ways Shiva's gotten her ass handed to her.

• There's the Batman "One-Shot"
  • The Chair to the Back courtesy of Talia Ghul
  • The Poison Chocolate
  •  The amped up Tim Drake complete with Superhuman Speed
  • And now Blood to the Eyes

Why not just change her name to "The Greatest Jobber in the DCU" and be done with it?
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

You are an angry, angry man. And I agree wholeheartedly.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of reminds me of what they did to Dr. Doom recently in Marvel. It seemed that they used his status as badass to make other characters appear cooler by making him a jobber. Sorry :/

#4 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" You are an angry, angry man. And I agree wholeheartedly. "
I am and I'm not gonna hide it. Venting is all I can do. Just really disappointed. Gail dropped the ball in my opinion.
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Why not just change her name to "The Greatest Jobber in the DCU" and be done with it? "

Sorry, Gambler, MM takes the cake.
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler
@The Dark Huntress said:
I am and I'm not gonna hide it. Venting is all I can do. Just really disappointed. Gail dropped the ball in my opinion.
I haven't even read it and I'm pissed. If there is one writer who I thought that I could always rely on to accurately portray female characters and to write them as total badasses WHILE BEING REALISTIC it was Gail Simone. I'm disappointed.
#7 Posted by danhimself (22460 posts) - - Show Bio

well at least Cassie came back for a page or two this week

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Gambler
@The Dark Huntress said:
I haven't even read it and I'm pissed. If there is one writer who I thought that I could always rely on to accurately portray female characters and to write them as total badasses WHILE BEING REALISTIC it was Gail Simone. I'm disappointed. "
My respect for her dropped significantly after I saw that she had Catman beat Batman in H2H. It was just sad.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt I actually loved that. And he didn't really beat him.
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  Twitches Catman cannot beat the Bat, admittednly I haven't read it, I just saw the scan and nearly shot myself lol
#12 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Gambler:  I have a special thread for you:

What Character Has Been Ruined For You? "
Posted lol

@danhimself said:
" well at least Cassie came back for a page or two this week "
I have issue with that as well :P I'm just on a bitch fit tonight :S
#13 Posted by danhimself (22460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Gambler:  I have a special thread for you:

What Character Has Been Ruined For You? "
Posted lol

@danhimself said:
" well at least Cassie came back for a page or two this week "
I have issue with that as well :P I'm just on a bitch fit tonight :S "
I know how you feel about what went down with Shiva...I thought about you as I read the issue lol...but lets just be happy that Cassie showed up at least
#14 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like the DCU takes all my favorite characters and CRUSHES THEM. 

I'm pissed too. :(

#15 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Its like waiting for Christmas only to wake up and find Santa and his Reindeer wrapped around the tree in your front yard after a DUI.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I have the trade right in front of me, went and found it so I could verify. It was a pretty evenly matched fight, they both took and landed hits and it ended in a draw, but I'd give the win to Bats. Catman does say " I let you win, you know."
#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: I have the trade right in front of me, went and found it so I could verify. It was a pretty evenly matched fight, they both took and landed hits and it ended in a draw, but I'd give the win to Bats. Catman does say " I let you win, you know." "
Yeah, see that's bull, I don't mean to offend you or knock the series, but that's a load of crap. I'm not one of those psycho fanboys that says Batman has to win every fight, but one on one against Catman; he wins easily.  

Were it not for the fact that I live for comic books, I would totally give them away :P
#18 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt: I have the trade right in front of me, went and found it so I could verify. It was a pretty evenly matched fight, they both took and landed hits and it ended in a draw, but I'd give the win to Bats. Catman does say " I let you win, you know." "
Oooh oooh I was there xD lol
#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
Yeah, see that's bull, I don't mean to offend you or knock the series, but that's a load of crap. I'm not one of those psycho fanboys that says Batman has to win every fight, but one on one against Catman; he wins easily.    Were it not for the fact that I live for comic books, I would totally give them away :P "
Gimme a sec, let me actually read the fight instead of just looking at the pretty pictures. Eh. I'm torn. Catman's enhanced reflexes COULD potentially explain it. Bats took a definitive win. 
#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
Oooh oooh I was there xD lol "
Yes you were. I would give a lot for a scanner right now. >____<
#21 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Its like waiting for Christmas only to wake up and find Santa and his Reindeer wrapped around the tree in your front yard after a DUI. "
That's how I felt when I finally found out Noh-Varr was going to be in an ongoing series. It's like asking for Legos and getting Mega Blocks.
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Gambler said:
" Its like waiting for Christmas only to wake up and find Santa and his Reindeer wrapped around the tree in your front yard after a DUI. "
That's how I felt when I finally found out Noh-Varr was going to be in an ongoing series. It's like asking for Legos and getting Mega Blocks. "
............what's so bad about Mega Blocks? 
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Gambler said:
That's how I felt when I finally found out Noh-Varr was going to be in an ongoing series. It's like asking for Legos and getting Mega Blocks. "
............what's so bad about Mega Blocks?  "
They aren't Legos!
#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Gambler said:
............what's so bad about Mega Blocks?  "
They aren't Legos! "
Oh, well OK then. xP
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yeah, see that's bull, I don't mean to offend you or knock the series, but that's a load of crap. I'm not one of those psycho fanboys that says Batman has to win every fight, but one on one against Catman; he wins easily.    Were it not for the fact that I live for comic books, I would totally give them away :P "
Gimme a sec, let me actually read the fight instead of just looking at the pretty pictures. Eh. I'm torn. Catman's enhanced reflexes COULD potentially explain it. Bats took a definitive win.  "

LULK SMASH PUNY CATMAN! 

reads post

Grrh, Lulk calm, Lulk go sleep....
#26 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" ............what's so bad about Mega Blocks?  "
I mega block cut my hand once xP
#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
" ............what's so bad about Mega Blocks?  "
I mega block cut my hand once xP "
Awww. :( 

@FadeToBlackBolt: ROFL.
#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:  I don't know how else to explain it. It's like....wanting a Hot Wheel and getting a Matchbox...wanting a Barbie and getting a...Bratz doll?
#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @The Dark Huntress:  I don't know how else to explain it. It's like....wanting a Hot Wheel and getting a Matchbox...wanting a Barbie and getting a...Bratz doll? "
:O I understand, now!
#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Nobody said:
" @The Dark Huntress:  I don't know how else to explain it. It's like....wanting a Hot Wheel and getting a Matchbox...wanting a Barbie and getting a...Bratz doll? "
:O I understand, now! "
XP Sorry, I had no sisters.
#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Nobody said:
:O I understand, now! "
XP Sorry, I had no sisters. "
It's fine, I'm not really a girlie girl, but Bratz dolls are NOTHING compared to Barbies.
#32 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a day later and I'm still p!ssed off about it. I'll post scans later tonight.

#33 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: I am not buying it now, I can not read that, I just can't. The BOP series has been crap and I was only clinging to it because of Shiva's return... but now I am done. Thank you for saving me money!  

That is just ridiculous SMH
#34 Posted by Final Arrow (24386 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait your telling me Shiva went down with blood in her eyes... A women who can fight blind... a women who is feared by most of the worlds deadliest assassins got beat by Huntress... 

#35 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll ban the first person who tries to use this in a Battle Thread

(ever seen a grown man cry? Want to?)
#36 Posted by Archon (18 posts) - - Show Bio

In the words of Charles Barkley:

"That's Turrible. Just Turrible."

#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

SMGDH. This is effing atrocious. 

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I'll ban the first person who tries to use this in a Battle Thread

(ever seen a grown man cry? Want to?)
"
Goes to make a Huntress vs Shiva thread. 
#39 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: @The Dark Huntress:  That wasn't the first time Catman beat him.
 And in Six Seconds!!
#40 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Let us add Shiva to the list of jobbers. 

#41 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" Let us add Shiva to the list of jobbers.  "
Might as well give her the number two slot just underneath Taskmaster and now apparently Deathstroke
#42 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Don't forget Darkseid, Thanos(until current cosmic), current Doomsday, Nate Grey, Apocalypse, who else? Who will be forced to job next? I know, Eric O Grady beating Thor.
#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't get over how ridiculous this is. 

#44 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the chocolate thing was more showing Tim Drake's prep skills IMO. Outside of that, I agree.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Well, the chocolate thing was more showing Tim Drake's prep skills IMO. Outside of that, I agree. "
That for me, was definitely plausible. Huntress beating Shiva by throwing blood in her eyes WHEN SHE CAN FIGHT BLIND is PIS/WIS. 
#46 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" Well, the chocolate thing was more showing Tim Drake's prep skills IMO. Outside of that, I agree. "
That for me, was definitely plausible. Huntress beating Shiva by throwing blood in her eyes WHEN SHE CAN FIGHT BLIND is PIS/WIS.  "
Yeah, Shiva's in my top 10 favorite female comic book characters, but this is the first I'm hearing of this though, considering I dropped comics a month ago (for a while at least).
#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:

" @Sexy Merc said:
That for me, was definitely plausible. Huntress beating Shiva by throwing blood in her eyes WHEN SHE CAN FIGHT BLIND is PIS/WIS.  "
Yeah, Shiva's in my top 10 favorite female comic book characters, but this is the first I'm hearing of this though, considering I dropped comics a month ago (for a while at least). "
My statement from page 1 still stands. 

I haven't even read it and I'm pissed. If there is one writer who I thought that I could always rely on to accurately portray female characters and to write them as total badasses WHILE BEING REALISTIC it was Gail Simone. I'm disappointed.    

#48 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: Tim Drake with Superspeed? When?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.