In X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2...

#1 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

... should she appear?
should she be played by the same actress?

or who could play her?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Kelly Hu is stunning, and the silent & deadly approach to Deathstrike was effective.

If they want to tie the Wolverine movies into the X-Men movies, then it would make sense to have her in Wolverine 2.  Especially since it's set in Japan.  I don't know if I'd want to see the character have a large role, but that's a personal thing as I've never really liked the character of Deathstrike.  And I imagine that they'd somehow warp her to have a completely different origin.

#3 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them going the X-men animated series route and making her Wolverine's love interst turned arch enemy.
I wouldn't mind if they did that.

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84363 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Kelly Hu is stunning, and the silent & deadly approach to Deathstrike was effective.If they want to tie the Wolverine movies into the X-Men movies, then it would make sense to have her in Wolverine 2.  Especially since it's set in Japan.  I don't know if I'd want to see the character have a large role, but that's a personal thing as I've never really liked the character of Deathstrike.  And I imagine that they'd somehow warp her to have a completely different origin. "
Agreed. I loved the 90's version of Lady Deathstrike and Hu was sexy as hell in X-2. It would be nice to see her take up the role again.
#5 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should be in X-Men Origins:Wolverine 2.

#6 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!
Bring her back!

She could have met him in Japan, but got the whole memory loss again, and she was controlled by Stryker, therefore they forget about eachother as seen in X2. It fits well.

#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"Yes!Bring her back!She could have met him in Japan, but got the whole memory loss again, and she was controlled by Stryker, therefore they forget about eachother as seen in X2. It fits well."

Right that's what I thought!!!
#8 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

yes definitely bring her back i thought she played the role fairly well.

#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

She is the perfect Lady Deathstrike ^_^

#10 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @AngelFrost said:
"Yes!Bring her back!She could have met him in Japan, but got the whole memory loss again, and she was controlled by Stryker, therefore they forget about eachother as seen in X2. It fits well."
Right that's what I thought!!! "
Great minds think alike!
(:
#11 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: I'm just sorry they seemed to have sealed her fate in the second X-Men movie... :(
#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio
@info nation said:
" @AngelFrost: I'm just sorry they seemed to have sealed her fate in the second X-Men movie... :( "

But this would be an origin movie.. she could re-appear
#13 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool.  she is hot and pretty cut throat.  but what should have been done in the first wolverine film is establish Team X doing a mission in Japan and Stryker at one point running into Deathstrikes' dad and learns about adamantium bonding.  Then maybe have a human Yuriko and some of her mercs hunt Team X years later.  After defeat by Wolvernie, she goes to a seedy underground and finds Mojo and gets transformed to Lady Deathstrike setting up the second movie.

#14 Posted by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio

personally I think they should just take everything about her they can so maybe they can possibly squeeze her to a third movie

#15 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

kelly hu should play her when she appears !!!

#16 Posted by Guesthouse (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, If the character comes back and Kelly Hu is NOT playing Deathstrike, me and every geek out there will boycott this movie!  She killed it the first time around and made a HUGE impression on all of us.  I was sad that she was not in the 1st one....but I'll be furious if she is not in Part 2.

#17 Posted by poisonfleur (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Kelly come to Wolverine 2. I have to admit I am questioning if another wolvie movie would be a good idea.. especially watching the first one. Personally I prefer x-men films compared to Wolverine films but the return of Deathstrike could change that. They would have a bit of flexibility with that considering she is mindless puppet in X-2. Fleshing out who she was in the movie universe could be interesting. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.