Follow

Lady Death

Character » Lady Death appears in 397 issues.

Once a mortal woman, Hope became a powerful queen of Hell after making a desperate deal with a demon to escape being burned at the stake. Despite her infernal nature, she retained the heroism she had in her former life and strives to use her arcane powers for good. Lady Death is one of the most popular and recognizable of the modern comic book "bad girls."

Lady Death Respect Thread

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
    Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

for the most powerful Lady in the entirety of creation

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Killing Lucifer and immediately reshaping Hell (kinda)

No Caption Provided

Surviving in deep space and destroying a large rock

No Caption Provided

surviving re-entry just fine

No Caption Provided

Punching out Kali like she nothing

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Annihilating Asteroth

No Caption Provided

Killing armies by the thousands (after gaining Death's scythe)

No Caption Provided

God considers her worthy of direct confrontation

now, I'm fairly sure she's done much better, anyone else got any feats for her?

DarthKellie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

All hail LADY DEATH

TDurdenForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TDurdenForever

Warning: There is a ton of misinformation in this so called respect thread...

I love me some Lady Death. And don't get me wrong, she is a badass character, badass enough that she does not need to be oversold and overhyped, which is what has been done here. So the points that are correct:

• "Surviving in deep space and destroying a large rock" -- This is true, though the rock is actually more of a speeding asteroid that was teleported in front of her.
    • "surviving re-entry just fine" -- This is actually being undersold a bit, as she was in a weakened state after her battle with Lucifer when this happened. So she was not at 100% when she did this, which is pretty damn impressive, since she walked away from it just fine.
    • "Killing armies by the thousands (after gaining Death's scythe)" -- While this is true, it should be noted, that the scythe has been an on again and off again weapon. It is not a weapon she consistently has and uses. Now her sword, Apocalypse, is another story altogether.

So what is flat out wrong, misinterpreted, or blown out of proportion?

• "Killing Lucifer and immediately reshaping Hell (kinda)" -- In the scene shown, she did not actually kill Lucifer. Lucifer tricked her (part of his plan), and he let her remake a portion of Hell into the Endless Graveyard, but kept the real Hell hidden from her. It will take quite some time before she actually faces Lucifer again and defeats him for real. When she does so the first time, she was weakened greatly and barely survived, only defeating him because of their proximity to a portal to Heaven, which she was able to shove him through, which basically scatters his atoms. He does get resurrected eventually, and it takes the use of her sword, Apocalypse, to actually be able to slay him. It should be noted that she is bound on a spiritual level with the sword, and it is basically a part of her.
    • "Punching out Kali like she nothing" -- That was actually a fairly drawn out battle. At one point, Kali manages to break Lady Death's back, which she is able to heal from, and finish the fight. She didn't just punch her out like she was nothing. Lady Death even notes during the fight how powerful Kali was.
    • "Annihilating Asteroth" -- Asteroth was not annihilated...he actually had Lady Death on the ropes, and she had to get him into the reflecting pond, which she then blasted the pond with her angelic energies, which were reflected all throughout the pond, which allowed her to defeat Asteroth. Asteroth does return a bit later on down the line, and he and Lady Death face each other again, and she is able to beat him one on one (thanks to her upgrades in power).
    • "God considers her worthy of direct confrontation" -- That was not god by any stretch of the imagination. Observe what happens when you actually read what happens next (and note, that the first scan I am showing was cropped out of what @betatesthighlander1 shown, and the one below that is the page directly after):
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And I think that should speak volumes. Lady Death is indeed a powerful badass, but let's not misrepresent her with half truths and so on to make her appear so. Thanks goes to @wyldsong for responding to my PM, and refreshing my memory and furnishing me with the actual truth on Lady Death here.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
    Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@tdurdenforever: Yeah, yeah, I know. I made this thread back before I made most of the issues, didn;t realize people were still looking at this.

Thanks!

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet thread good to see LD getting some love

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tdurdenforever: Yeah, yeah, I know. I made this thread back before I made most of the issues, didn;t realize people were still looking at this.

Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this, but I do vaguely remember talking to this guy about this thread. It seems he misconstrued some of what I said and just ran with it, though some of what he/she said is true. Overall, there are some things that could be cleaned up, and the scan with her facing god, was actually her facing Lucifer in disguise. That being said, her overall power levels are in the skyfather/high herald range, with many angels/demons performing on or near that level. Hopefully I will be running another CaV with her soon, where I will try to lay out her full power level from her Chaos comics days.

Still, it is nice to see someone giving LD some love on this site=)

Emmett_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is not the most powerful lady

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.