Who else thinks Kyle is cooler than Hal!?

• 169 results
#151 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Braxxis7: I'm with you. Kyle is the GL that's been around for most of my reading history. I was exposed to him through Grant Morrison's JLA, and through this, came to recognize the coolness of Green Lanterns as characters well before Geoff Johns revitalized the franchise.

I understand that a lot of people love Hal, and I enjoy reading his current series, but as a character he's a bit too arrogant for me to relate to. Kyle's insecurities and creativity are something that I find fun to read about.

#152 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle all the way!

#153 Posted by Hanson724 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle

Guy

Hal

and John in that order. Kyle all the way!!!

#154 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is to the Green Lanterns, what Cyclops always has been to the Xmen ! There's nothing to debate here!

#155 Posted by mysoulz (324 posts) - - Show Bio

John and Kyle

Gardner

Sodam Yat

Sinestro

Kilowog

Ganthet

Stel

Hannu

Isamot

Vath

Mogo

Salaak

(The bottomless pit)

|

|

I

v

Hal Jordan

#156 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kyle is cooler than Hal. But Green Lantern consistently outsells New Guardians so I guess most others would disagree.

#157 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always preferred Kyle. For one thing, he's the Lantern I grew up with. Even if he weren't though, I think I would still like him better because he seems to be the more interesting of the two characters. Hal is a stereotypical superhero, fearlessly charging into the face of danger, while Kyle seems more... human.

#158 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

No Kyle is far below Hal, John, Alan, Kilowag, and Guy.

#159 Posted by nappystr8 (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is an artist, and that makes for quite a few ways in which he is a more interesting character for the modern day. For instance:

• Writers can better relate to the character, and therefore write him in a way that seems more authentic than they might a test pilot.
  • His background in design allows him to create much more interesting constructs.

Hal Jordan has been Green Lantern, a supervillian, The Spectre, and brought back from the dead. And he doesn't particularly stand out to me in any of those roles. Although Hal certainly isn't a terrible character, I understand the qualities which people love about him. I feel the same way about Barry Allen. These characters come from a different era, a less complex time that had a humorless earnestness to it.

And also, Kyle Rayner would have made a much less interesting partner for Green Arrow back in the 70's.

#160 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13203 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle-Best by definition

Hal- my favorite

Kilowog-utter badass

The other lanterns

50 feet of crap

John Stewart

60 feet of crap, piss, and vomit

Guy Gardner

#161 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner is a faggot

#162 Posted by lifeofvibe (3492 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Edited by lifeofvibe (3492 posts) - - Show Bio
#164 Posted by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kyle over any other green lantern but honestly not a bit fan of the whole White Lantern gimmick, either treat him like he is special, let he blood do something big, or just take it away with some crap.

#165 Posted by mysoulz (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kyle over any other green lantern but honestly not a bit fan of the whole White Lantern gimmick, either treat him like he is special, let he blood do something big, or just take it away with some crap.

How is New Guardians btw? I'm hearing negative thoughts about his book.

#166 Posted by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysoulz: They are dealing with a new character, Relic, i actually like that. He is evil and not so evil at the same time. A character who thinks, manipulating light is what caused the end of the last universe, and he dislikes the current corps manipulating light so he is planning to destroy all the corps together because he believes thats the only way to prevent this universe from ending just like his universe before this one did.

Its pretty cool

#167 Posted by mysoulz (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Sounds good. I'll pick this up. I have lots of catching up to do. I missed both crossover events lol

#168 Posted by Killemall (18583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysoulz: Sure do. The Rise of First Lantern was ok, it was interesting for 1 issue, then it sort of looked like it was the same thing happening over again, because what happened to Kyle vs First Lantern is no differnet from what happened in say the Red Lantern book next etc.

Current story looks more promising, lets see.

Although the sad part is, they have made Kyle the white lantern, which is good, but he doesnt do anything, nor apart from 1 comment from the guardians has he done anything to suggest oh he is different. He just seem to be the same guy flying around in white dress, thats something i am disappointed with.

#169 Posted by mysoulz (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I actually read the third army prologue, and the start of the Third Army invasion in GLC issue. That's where I stopped reading along with the other GL crossovers. I wasn't interested in Red Lanterns either. I personally didn't like New Guardians when the New 52 arrived, which felt the story was leading to nowhere. I'll be sure to check it out again though.

After doing a bit of research, the guardian you mentioned, was he the one that was responsible giving Kyle the ability to channel in the emotional spectrum, cause he stands out different?

I wonder if it's possible that Kyle will be a white lantern for good...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.