Who else thinks Kyle is cooler than Hal!?

• 169 results
#1 Edited by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Undoubtedly, Hal Jordan gets the most exposure and is seen as the 'main' Lanten, but personality wise, Hal's a bit of douche, and when he's not a douche he's being all mentally unstable, occasionally turning evil and what not. While Kyle has always been more laid back and cooler.

Plus I think his design's much cooler than Hals. Gotta love that freakin mask. What about my fellow viners, who prefers Kyle over Hal or Hal over Kyle?

#2 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Hal Jordan is by far my least favourite of the 'human' lanterns.

#3 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is also my least favourite.   No standout personality to me.

I love Kyle, he's great.   

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18662 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: 

Ummmm how is Hal evil and crazy nowadays?

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

i do think kyle is cooler than hal and wally is a way better flash than barry the only reason hal and barry came back is because geoph johns can't let go of his childhood

#6 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like Hal after the whole cry for justice run. He stepped up a little bit. He is still a prick but he is a prick I can root for now. Lol...But Kyle is way more interesting and entertaining.

#7 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Kyle is cooler.

#8 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's not evil or crazy anymore.
That was a long time ago due to Parrallax.

#9 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas: @Jake Fury: Ermmm sorry, I made a sentence typo I meant to explain about the Parallax thing :)
#10 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: 
I like Hal. Always have.
Current series has defined him pretty well too I think.

One silly thing I hold against Kyle is that visually a character needs something to distinguish their civilian ID. Lame but I actually like that Hal's got brown hair. Depending on the artist a line up with Kyle, Bruce and Clark might be hard to recognise who's who.
#11 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is the greatest comic book character ever created so naturally he's cooler than Hal. I still love Hal too though.

#12 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

<---------------------- Biggest Kyle Rayner fan ever.

#13 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas: Yeahh good point, I have brown hair as well so I'm on that bandwagon!! 
@Sexy Merc: Yersss, I think he's so cool, same here, i don't dislike Hal, just prefer Kyle :)
#14 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog: I'm not really a fan of how Johns writes him but he's still a good character in the current run. I have all his appearances with the exception of 2 or 3 JLA issues and a DC/Marvel crossover which I really don't want to get but I probably will.
#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:  Woah, that's true fan dedication, I'm like that with Psylocke...
#16 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog:  I started since I was a kid. His first appearance was the first comics I read. Psylocke is cool.
#17 Posted by ChristopherWilliams (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with my boy KR i like his personality but hal jordan is still one of my favorites though.
#18 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that Kyle is a better Lantern to a certain degree and stepped up when no one else could. But Hal is my boy and I thank Johns in my mind every day for bringing him back. His writing isn't then best but it's better than most. Hal is now just trying to do his job; be a hero and I don't think there are any bad qualities about him that people need to get all pissy about.

#19 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" <---------------------- Biggest Kyle Rayner fan ever. "
<--------------------------------- Biggest Hal Jordan fan ever. ;-)
#20 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefert Kyle only for the fact that i grew up with him as the current Lantern and Hal as the fallen legend. Though lately Hal has had way better attention and story.
#21 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hal but he doesn't really have much of a personality a lot of the time. 

Kyle is definitely a more human character.

#22 Posted by Winfield (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Another vote for Kyle here

#23 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is much better than Hal! ^.^

#24 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is cool. 

Waaay cool.
#25 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is the best.

#26 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
rises hand
#27 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he gets back together with Jade.

#28 Posted by marcelo2169 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is way better than Hal! 
Kyle  is  reconstruct the corps and Hal destroy them.
Kyle was Ion and Hal was Parallax.

#29 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@marcelo2169 said:
"Kyle is way better than Hal!  Kyle  is  reconstruct the corps and Hal destroy them. Kyle was Ion and Hal was Parallax. "

QFT
#30 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"I hope he gets back together with Jade. "

Why did Jade break up with him?
#31 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Why did Jade break up with him? "
Kyle broke up with her because she cheated.
#32 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Kyle broke up with her because she cheated. "

Really? With who? And why?
#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him. He is a nice character.

#34 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" I like him. He is the best character. "
Agreed.

@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Really? With who? And why? "
It was a random, not an actual comic book character or well known superhero/villain. Yeah, I love Jade. She's in my top 5 favorite characters an it's understandable why she did it, though at the time, I would've retconned it or prevented it from happening. I'm okay with it now because it helped build both of their characters. It's a typical soldier gone out to war, and his wife/girlfriend is scared that he'll never come back home. Kyle was obviously participating in many space related missions as a Green Lantern though, but the application is similar. Jade was actually with him in the beginning for missions but eventually decided to go back to Earth. The reason being that Kyle's assistant/friend Terry got beat up brutally for being a homosexual and Kyle didn't think that humanity was worth saving for some time. Jade wasn't close to Terry so she went back to Earth sooner. On a different point of view, it could be interpreted as Kyle wasn't spending enough time with her though he genuinely loved her like no other girl he's been with. Some people argue that he was self-centered but I think that's an ignorant statement.
#35 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Someone tampered with my post. I wonder who it it. Btw, who is your AV?
#36 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" I like him. He is the best character. "
Agreed.

@velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Really? With who? And why? "
It was a random, not an actual comic book character or well known superhero/villain. Yeah, I love Jade. She's in my top 5 favorite characters an it's understandable why she did it, though at the time, I would've retconned it or prevented it from happening. I'm okay with it now because it helped build both of their characters. It's a typical soldier gone out to war, and his wife/girlfriend is scared that he'll never come back home. Kyle was obviously participating in many space related missions as a Green Lantern though, but the application is similar. Jade was actually with him in the beginning for missions but eventually decided to go back to Earth. The reason being that Kyle's assistant/friend Terry got beat up brutally for being a homosexual and Kyle didn't think that humanity was worth saving for some time. Jade wasn't close to Terry so she went back to Earth sooner. On a different point of view, it could be interpreted as Kyle wasn't spending enough time with her though he genuinely loved her like no other girl he's been with. Some people argue that he was self-centered but I think that's an ignorant statement. "

Hmmmmm,  I see..... 

Well Kyle was kind of self-centered when he was with Donna, which led to their break-up..... 

Still communication is better than cheating.....
#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them about the same and they are my two favorite Lanterns, i actually 90% of the time despise Guy Gardner.

#38 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: Donna and Kyle would've never worked anyway. I never saw any synergy between them and I hate Donna. Kyle and Jade are the greatest couple in comics, in my opinion and two of my favorite characters.

@ComicMan24: You'll have to figure that out.
#39 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Any hint?
#40 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: Donna and Kyle would've never worked anyway. I never saw any synergy between them and I hate Donna. Kyle and Jade are the greatest couple in comics, in my opinion and two of my favorite characters.

@ComicMan24: You'll have to figure that out. "

I agree that Kyle and Jade are a good couple, and great characters even aside from their relationship, but why do you hate Donna?
#41 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@marcelo2169 said:
" Kyle is way better than Hal!  Kyle  is  reconstruct the corps and Hal destroy them. Kyle was Ion and Hal was Parallax. "
Kyle was parallax as well i thought?
#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are both lame.

Moderator Online
#43 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" @marcelo2169 said:
" Kyle is way better than Hal!  Kyle  is  reconstruct the corps and Hal destroy them. Kyle was Ion and Hal was Parallax. "
Kyle was parallax as well i thought? "
Yes, Parallax possesses Rayner in Sinestro Corps War.
#44 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: thats what i thought
#45 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: Never found her interesting and Kyle's too good for her.
#46 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: He's in a movie.

: p
#47 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: That narrows it down. But I will try to find it.
#48 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Funny how preferences change.
#49 Posted by Earthfall (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Kyle is the best Lantern.

#50 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @velle37: Never found her interesting and Kyle's too good for her. "

Donna walked in on Kyle up in his apartment with his naked neighbor, painting her... 

How is he too good for her?  

@marcelo2169 said:

"Kyle is way better than Hal!  Kyle  is  reconstruct the corps and Hal destroy them. Kyle was Ion and Hal was Parallax. "

Trueness, Kyle was the torchbearer who revived the Corps with the Entity of Will. While Hal lost his mind and destroyed the corps (and the entire universe) with the Fear Entity.

@ComicMan24
said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
" @marcelo2169 said:
Kyle was parallax as well i thought? "
Yes, Parallax possesses Rayner in Sinestro Corps War. "

The Entity of Will should be more powerful than the Fear Entity. Do you think Kyle Ion (second version) can beat Hal Parallax?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.