where does Kyle belong now?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just a random thought...

in the last issue, Kyle was given his power ring back by two of the 'expelled' Guardians...

so he doesn't have a sector to patrol like the rest of the GL's...

where does he go now?

i actually like the idea of him being "a free agent", it kinda fits his character :D

M

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

making him a better lantern yes... his confidence does need some work...

but i';m not sure he should go the way of the corps, he's always done his own thing and it's worked for him, i think he should continue doing his own thing and working to his own rules

M

#3 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i like it better for him to be a free agent. But i wonder what his story would be like if he was an honor guard.

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Where would you like his story to go?

I wouldn't mind them making him a better Lantern. I know he has done a lot, but to work on his weaknesses, say confidence I hear is a weak point on him?

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, Honor Guard is Guy's thing...

i think Kyle needs to find his own place now

M

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe he'll help ganthet and sayd because he knows that Ganthet is right almost everytime

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"making him a better lantern yes... his confidence does need some work...but i';m not sure he should go the way of the corps, he's always done his own thing and it's worked for him, i think he should continue doing his own thing and working to his own rulesM"

I think they will need him again, and he will come through like a bat out of hell he'll be there when the mourning comes...sorry. thinks for a second Oh Crap! knows its stuck in his head

#8 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"I wouldn't mind him searching the galaxies. Does his ring need charging?"

Yea probably but now he will keep his battery in that pocket universe.

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind him searching the galaxies. Does his ring need charging?

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"I think they will need him again, and he will come through like a bat out of hell he'll be there when the mourning comes...sorry. *thinks for a second* Oh Crap! *knows its stuck in his head*"

starts singing Bat out of Hell

good one :D

M

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"maybe he'll help ganthet and sayd because he knows that Ganthet is right almost everytime"

I can see that

M

Lord Shazam says:

Yup, and he has his own Power Battery that holds one quarter of the Parallax entity inside it...

M

#11 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Lord Shazam says:
"I think they will need him again, and he will come through like a bat out of hell he'll be there when the mourning comes...sorry. *thinks for a second* Oh Crap! *knows its stuck in his head*"
***starts singing Bat out of Hell*** good one :D M Nightwingprodigalson says:
"maybe he'll help ganthet and sayd because he knows that Ganthet is right almost everytime"
I can see that M Lord Shazam says:
Yup, and he has his own Power Battery that holds one quarter of the Parallax entity inside it... M"

so is that a big deal if it holds the parallax entity?

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"Methos says:
"Lord Shazam says:
***starts singing Bat out of Hell*** good one :D M Nightwingprodigalson says:
I can see that M Lord Shazam says:
Yup, and he has his own Power Battery that holds one quarter of the Parallax entity inside it... M"

so is that a big deal if it holds the parallax entity?"

well also Hal's, John's and Guy's lantern do that

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

"well also Hal's, John's and Guy's lantern do that"

yup

M

The Ion says:

"so is that a big deal if it holds the parallax entity?"

wait untill next issue to find out lol

M

#14 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
"well also Hal's, John's and Guy's lantern do that"
yup M The Ion says:
"so is that a big deal if it holds the parallax entity?"
wait untill next issue to find out lol M "

and when is that suppose to be coming out?

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"and when is that suppose to be coming out?"

'bout a fortnight i think...

M

Lord Shazam says:

"I'll be back on in an hour,just gonna walk home now. It is 02:12 in the mourning like. see yeah soon."

see ya in a bit

M

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be back on in an hour,just gonna walk home now. It is 02:12 in the mourning like. see yeah soon.

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe find away to bring Jade back to life? She is dead isn't she?

#18 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"where does he go now?"

Into a dumpster

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"Maybe find away to bring Jade back to life? She is dead isn't she?"

meh... she's dead, but she's The Starheart... which now exists within Kyle...

since The Starheart is pure magic, bleh... anything and everything is possible

M

#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Methos says:
"where does he go now?"

Into a dumpster"

rifles ready? aim! fire!!

#21 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Lord Shazam says:
meh... she's dead, but she's The Starheart... which now exists within Kyle... since The Starheart is pure magic, bleh... anything and everything is possible M"

what exaclty can the starheart do?

#22 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"Methos says:
"Lord Shazam says:
meh... she's dead, but she's The Starheart... which now exists within Kyle... since The Starheart is pure magic, bleh... anything and everything is possible M"

what exaclty can the starheart do?"

with it she could use the original's green lantern power without a ring...or at least that's what I tought it was

#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"Methos says:
"The Ion says:
"Methos says:
"Lord Shazam says:
in it's entirity The Starheart was a reality Warper on The Specters scale... see Heart of Darkness for more details about it... it's basically all the raw chaos magic in the universe wrapped up in a nice little green ball :D Alan Scott controls a portion of it, so does Obsidian and do *did* Jade... M"

which now in kyle. So wait now that ion left kyle does he still have the starheart?

"

I don't think he still has it

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"Methos says:
"Lord Shazam says:

in it's entirity The Starheart was a reality Warper on The Specters scale...

see Heart of Darkness for more details about it...

it's basically all the raw chaos magic in the universe wrapped up in a nice little green ball :D

Alan Scott controls a portion of it, so does Obsidian and do did Jade...

M

#25 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"The Ion says:
"Methos says:
"Lord Shazam says:
in it's entirity The Starheart was a reality Warper on The Specters scale... see Heart of Darkness for more details about it... it's basically all the raw chaos magic in the universe wrapped up in a nice little green ball :D Alan Scott controls a portion of it, so does Obsidian and do *did* Jade... M"

which now in kyle. So wait now that ion left kyle does he still have the starheart?

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

"I don't think he still has it"

The Ion says:

"which now in kyle. So wait now that ion left kyle does he still have the starheart?"

Ion was never anything do to with the starheart, so yeah... i guess it's still in him somewhere

M

#27 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

The Ion says:
"which now in kyle. So wait now that ion left kyle does he still have the starheart?"
Ion was never anything do to with the starheart, so yeah... i guess it's still in him somewhere M "

thats actual cool that he still has it. I thought the ion symbiote took it with him when it left kyle.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah... the Starheart is absolutely nothing to do with Ion or The Guardians...

if Ion had taken it, then it would have left Alan and Obsidian as well

M

#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

The Ion says:

Ion was never anything do to with the starheart, so yeah... i guess it's still in him somewhere

M

"

I tought that it was because of the starheart that he became ion?

#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

"I tought that it was because of the starheart that he became ion?"

pre-retcon yes...

post retcot it was the symbiote spit, nothing to do with the Starheart...

see why i hate Retcon's now, they throw off everything when i'm trying to sort out character histories lol

M

#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"I tought that it was because of the starheart that he became ion?"

pre-retcon yes...

post retcot it was the symbiote spit, nothing to do with the Starheart...

see why i hate Retcon's now, they throw off everything when i'm trying to sort out character histories lol

M"

oh ok, I kinda tought that the ion simbiote was created from the starheart

think it is cause from kyle rayner as ion I only read the torchbearer and then the siniestro corps

#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"right, i'm off...more Starheart arguments tomorrowM"

nights methos

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

right, i'm off...

more Starheart arguments tomorrow

M

#34 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"right, i'm off... more Starheart arguments tomorrow M"

see ya

#35 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Methos says:
"where does he go now?"
Into a dumpster"
*walks by whistling nonchalantly* I was going to say something about him keeping an eye on the child molester Lantern... Seriously, wouldn't he get reassigned a sector or go back to his old one? Take Yat's maybe?
Post Edited:2007-11-04 05:25:36
#36 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought of bringing this back because we now know he is the honor guard with Guy.

#37 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

The Starheart is the essential embodiment of everything magical.. It does have the wood weakness that the Green Lantern Power Rings have. So it isn't completely omnipotent..

Jade gave up her piece of it... that which resided inside of her....when she died after stopping Alexander Luthor's plan to destroy the world. As Methos said, pre-retcon.. She gave that up to Kyle and it enabled him to become Ion. But, since they've done the retcon, they've ruined one of my favorite stories and moments and turned it into something completely blah. Oh Ion's a disease.. a symbiote. Don't they do symboites enough with Spider-Man? Do we need one in the Green Lantern Universe as well?

Since Kyle is essentially still in possession of that piece of the Starheart given to him by Jade, I want that to come back into play. It can really do just about anything, so finding a way of bringing her back.. of resurrecting her... at this point I'm not picky how they bring her back. I'll just be happy that they do. It gives Kyle another dynamic to explore, because there's plenty of unresolved issues there. And it would be nice to see her have a change of heart and admit she was wrong to cheat..

#38 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheat?

Oh and welcome to the vine. And nice post.

#39 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Copy. Glad to be here!

Well.. I know you know the story. Jade and Kyle decided to leave Earth together to pursue their future. Well, Jade wanted to come back. Kyle didn't. So they parted ways and she returned to earth. There was never really any "Let's Break Off the Engagement" talk, not specifically. (Of course for me, that's sort of wishful thinking) Anyway, once she returned to earth, she took up with an UN-Named man and was living with him. Kyle returned and "found" out about their relationship. It crushed him and that's when the engagement was officially broken off. After breaking off the engagement, she shortly there after ended the relationship with said un-named man. So.. I look at it in a couple of ways..

1. She was afraid of things getting serious. She loved Kyle. No question.. But when it got down to the real of it all, I think she panicked and went and did something she later regretted.

2. I believe that Kyle was definitely consumed with "finding" his purpose and in that, she felt that he wasn't really giving the relationship everything he could. She saw potential problems down the road and maybe that influenced her decsions.

Either way, I believe that she regrets deeply everything that went down before her death. I know they made some sort of peace as they worked together to stop Luthor, but... still.. I ultimately believe that if they resurrect her, she and Kyle have some serious stuff to sit and talk about. Because I want this couple to work and I believe they can. They have incredible chemistry and the fact that even her father approves of Kyle? Good sign...

#40 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

...why do I like to get inside Jade's head? Well, I actually play her in a comic universe online roleplaying community. She is like one of my favorite characters and I've tossed this dynamic around alot with my roleplaying of her. In the community I play her, we actually did have them resolve issues and they are currently married. So.. yeah that's what I'm aiming for in the comic continuity. :D

#41 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"...why do I like to get inside Jade's head? Well, I actually play her in a comic universe online roleplaying community. She is like one of my favorite characters and I've tossed this dynamic around alot with my roleplaying of her. In the community I play her, we actually did have them resolve issues and they are currently married. So.. yeah that's what I'm aiming for in the comic continuity. :D"

Plays Kyle there with her

and yes, Lexi gets very into Jade's head. Quite well...

As for where Kyle Belongs.. Honor Guard all the way, he and Guy ....

#42 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

he should be

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.