When was Kyle Rayner ION?

Posted by Psycorvus (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Heu guys!

Wondering if anyone out there could help me with a pre-nu52 question?

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO HUNT THEM DOWN FOR A WHILE NOW BUT WITH NO LUCK. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ISSUES KYLE RAYNER BECAME THE VESSEL FOR ION? WHEN HE WAS SUPER POWERFUL AND I THINK IN A WHITE COSTUME?

#1 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

If you type in "Ion" in the search bar and click on the "concept" result, you can find all the issues that he was in. Once you are on the Ion page, look at the right side under "general information". It should say "appears in". Click on the number of issues and you should find all the info you want.

#2 Posted by Armored Victory (60 posts) - - Show Bio

GL Volume 3 141 - 150. There is a tpb but it actually starts at 142 so you miss part of the story.

He then become Ion again in Rann Thanagar War One Shot. He has a 12 issue limited series (in 2 tpb) and then is Ion at the beginning of the Sinestro Corp War but loses the Ion Entity at the beginning of the story.

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

Check this out for your answer. Its from the upcoming GL:NG #17

http://www.dccomics.com/galleries/green-lantern-new-guardians-17-preview

He was in fact Ion and Parallax

#4 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Psycorvus said:

Heu guys!

Wondering if anyone out there could help me with a pre-nu52 question?

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO HUNT THEM DOWN FOR A WHILE NOW BUT WITH NO LUCK. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ISSUES KYLE RAYNER BECAME THE VESSEL FOR ION? WHEN HE WAS SUPER POWERFUL AND I THINK IN A WHITE COSTUME?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Rayner

#5 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a big fan of Kyle during his time on the JLA but wasn't particularly into Ion. Was it a good read?

#6 Posted by Armored Victory (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery: Yes

#7 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery: I agree with Armored Victory, it was pretty good. The only thing that threw me were the "Spectrum Mascots" concept. Other than that, very very good.

#8 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that referring to Parallax and Ion as sort of spirit creatures to the various colors on the spectrum or the fact that they tend to occupy a host, or some third thing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.