Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

天:WHats so Special?

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Yung ANcient One

So why is Kyle Rayner created... why?... was he suppose to be the New GL?... what was wrong with Hal?... 

But seriously Whats SO SPecial about Kyle?...
    How is he different from Hal... besides the Costume/Look...
    I mean...
    Hal VS Guy= Guy has a attitude problem... and gets himself into trouble
    Hal VS Stewart= Jon is Bad @A$$(IMO)... and more precise and clean...(He is a Marine)

Hal vs Kyle=?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

Kyle was the last Green Lantern

when Hal was possessed by Parallax he killed nearly all of the Green Lanterns and stole their rings....Ganthet escaped with the last ring and gave it to Kyle Rayner who was then to be the very last Green Lantern until he discovered that his ring was capable of creating new rings so he left earth and traveled the universe rebuilding the Corps....without Kyle there wouldn't be a Green Lantern Corps anymore

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yung ANcient One

so whats the difference between Kyle and HAl? character wise

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lustwish

That's kinda like comparing Barry and Wally as the Flash a bit.  But they have both played different roles and have had a different impact on the DCU.  Not much different when you compare Kyle and Hal. 

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Yung ANcient One said:
    " so whats the difference between Kyle and HAl? character wise "
    Kyle is a younger more artistic and flamboyant guy that readers like him can relate to.
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Yung ANcient One said:
    Kyle is a younger more artistic and flamboyant guy that readers like him can relate to. "
    dam... that sucks... i was hoping for more... Like... Kyle is a joker... a playful clown... or a SMart-@$$ like SPidey... but oh well... i still like Kyle better than that old guy who gets to be on all the Movies of DC...
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @Lustwish said:
    " That's kinda like comparing Barry and Wally as the Flash a bit.  But they have both played different roles and have had a different impact on the DCU.  Not much different when you compare Kyle and Hal.  "
    so ur basically saying that... Barry and Wally are kinda the same person...Well thats stupid... hehehehehehehe... no offense... its jus... look... to be honest... when i was a lil boy... i really disliked the idea of there being 2 Flashes/2 Robins... and/or 2 GLs... because i thought it was one... real one... and one wanna-be... but then i came around... with RObins... Dick was clearly a Playboy... while Tim was a DOrk... now Damian is the Brat... and i think thats cool... but i dislike that theres 3 Flashes that look pretty much the same... and act exactly the same... its like... attack of the Clones... people insult Daken... Bizarro... Moon Knight... and more for being "clones" or too similar to other characters... but When it comes to The Flashes... its OK... WHAT?
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Yung ANcient One said:

Kyle was more human and accessible he did'nt have years of "baggage" when he came about  
    He was also not the big bag of Machismo that is Hal or Guy, + he had the whole last lantern thing going on
    he was funny, accessible, creative and HUMAN
    oh..how could i forget? he had this playful yet caring/with comes responsibility charm that was highly reminiscent of 
    Marvel's peter Parker right up until he became Ion. lol
    and 
    believe it or not GL sales weren't too hot for hal around that time frame. 
    When kyle came around sales jumped and stayed there for quite a few years. 

@danhimself said:
    without Kyle there wouldn't be a Green Lantern Corps anymore "

Hope that clears thing up for ya :)
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @Ryonslaught said:
    " @Yung ANcient One said:

Kyle was more human and accessible he did'nt have years of "baggage" when he came about  
    He was also not the big bag of Machismo that is Hal or Guy, + he had the whole last lantern thing going on
    he was funny, accessible, creative and HUMAN
    oh..how could i forget? he had this playful yet caring/with comes responsibility charm that was highly reminiscent of 
    Marvel's peter Parker right up until he became Ion. lol
    and 
    believe it or not GL sales weren't too hot for hal around that time frame. 
    When kyle came around sales jumped and stayed there for quite a few years. 

Thanks man that clears eveything up... ANd now... i see... Kyle is Better than Hal... hehehehehe
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Yung ANcient One said:
    " Thanks man that clears eveything up... ANd now... i see... Kyle is Better than Hal... hehehehehe
    INDEED!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.