Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

The retconed love life of Kyle Rayner

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 44

Among the weird twists in the New52 is than both most prominent Kyle's ex-girlfriends were erased from continuity: Donna Troy (along with the other Titans) and Jade (I suppose she will be featured in Earth 2.

Has been this explained? Should it be explained? Or we must just stick to the present situation, with Natu as the girlfriend? Who do you miss more?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By primebonnick

i seriously want donna troy in the new 52. I think we should give him more time maybe he gets new love interests i hoping for batgirl

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadowHuntR

@thor_ul: Natu isn't Kyle's girlfriend.

He's currently dating Carol Ferris.

No Caption Provided

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor_Ul
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@shadowhuntr: awwww damn, it never hits you until you truly see it. Good for them. My heart is bleeding for Hal though, as if his life wasn't f*#%ed up enough right now. This must be meta revenge for that time Parallax wanted to bone Alex Dewitt : p

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr: awwww damn, it never hits you until you truly see it. Good for them. My heart is bleeding for Hal though, as if his life wasn't f*#%ed up enough right now. This must be meta revenge for that time Parallax wanted to bone Alex Dewitt : p

lol

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@mysoulz: it's even worse/funnier because I just realized that Hal doesn't even know that Kyle is still alive and just gave him that big eulogy....and Kyle just swapped spit with her.....Hal is going to be soooooooooooooo pissed

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mysoulz

lol Yea I agree. I wonder how that will turn out lol.

The Kyle/Carol relationship seems a bit weird (the same can be said about Yrra and John), considering both of their characteristics are vastly different. Kyle seems very sensitive as a character, while Carol is more bold/aggressive and demanding than he is. Thinking about it, I wonder will Kyle able to handle her. I need to go pick up a few of the New Guardians issues, including the latest annual, since I haven't read them yet.

Thor_Ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thor_Ul

@mysoulz said:

The Kyle/Carol relationship seems a bit weird (the same can be said about Yrra and John), considering both of their characteristics are vastly different. Kyle seems very sensitive as a character, while Carol is more bold/aggressive and demanding than he is. Thinking about it, I wonder will Kyle able to handle her. I need to go pick up a few of the New Guardians issues, including the latest annual, since I haven't read them yet.

Almost like the reverse from usual relationships: man, aggressive/woman sensitive.

However, we must take into consideration than Carol is using the star saphire ring and those influence her mind. Just look what just happened with poor John.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_ul said:

@mysoulz said:

Almost like the reverse from usual relationships: man, aggressive/woman sensitive.

However, we must ake into consideration than Carol is sing the star saphire ring and those influence your mind. Just look what just happened with poor John.

True. Reading the latest GLC issue made perfect sense now. So yea, Yrra pretty much explained her reasoning for loving John Stewart.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when this is a thing ? What about the freaking First lantern event and such ? WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING ??!

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Hal.

imperiex79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it. I don't like it at all that Kyle and Carol are a couple now. The Both of them don't fit to each other. they look like siblings for me. If i am reading this it feels so wrong. I hope this is not permant. what about kyle and soranik natu? Were they ever a couple in the new 52 or not?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, January 2017 we'll see more of Kyle.

Hope they fix this .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.