Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1652 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

Power Ratings

Tonelada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tonelada

I'm just confused as to how this rating system can actually place Ion, who by every account is a GL+(+++++++) and has lower power ratings than a standard GL?

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ebony Bishop

The rating system is still new...and highly biased towards popularity. It's got Batman higher than almost anyone.b

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Biased or ignorance.

Hell, there are a dozen of long-living people who can die ranked above Deadpool and Mr. Immortal in the "Immortal" ranking. One of them is Thor, who's supposed to be dead right now.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Thor is immartal? why is he dead then? :p

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Because he's not. Well, at least, they've hinted that he's not. A blonde guy with the initials D.B. grabbed Thor's hammer when it crashed to Earth. And since they've announced a new Thor series in the new year, I'm guessing the rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

And don't knock Mr. Immortal! Of COURSE he's high on the immortal rankings! It's in his name!

(I gotta go vote on levels of immortality? Man!)

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEADPOOL

I ain't knock'n Mr. Immortal. We all know he evolved beyong death itself and is destined to witness the end of the universe.

Thor's death may have been exaggerated, but all of the Asgardians are supposed to be dead. And technically, Thor's extremely long-lived, but he can die, as can the other Asgardians.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Captain Cascader

The rankings are supposed to be fun, nothing more. It's based on user voting and like any average, is not meant to hold up to individual scrutiny. Look to the IMDB top 100 for a similar wisdom of the crowd list.

If the rankings fuel argument, more the better, that's what they're there for, discussion.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Plus, I assume you get your rankings for the "Most Powerful" from the battle stats of "Who would win using ALL their powers?"

And Spider-Man's whole point is that he beats people far more powerful than him. Beats them cleanly. Like Firelord, the herald of Galactus who's ass he handed to him. No argument that Firelord is WAAAA-AAAAAY more powerful, but Spidey used "all his powers", including his brain, and kicked his butt.

That's probably the coolest part about Batman in League stories to me. I absolutely LOVE when he throws himself into situations he SHOULD NOT BE IN, and has no doubt that he's going to be kicking some ass. He's really no different than a Special Forces Commando, who's expertly trained. But that's not how he's treated, and that's AWESOME!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Methos

yeah, the power rating seems a bit wierd...

Kyle, as ion would be able to hand pretty much every hero / villan their own powers on a plate.

he has complete control over time, energy, space and matter. in pretty much every way he is up there with God rankings.

M

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phoenix God

Oh, cry me a river. Jean (White Phoenix of the Crown) is behind Superman. It makes me want to throw-up. Though technically, your guy is losing to Jubilee so I can hardly complain. HA HA HA. Oh, sorry. I should be much more sensitive to your plight. But I won't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.