Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

Kyle Rayner's arch-nemesis: DC Comics

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

I stopped reading comics a while ago, and I found out all this stuff that's happened to Kyle (my favorite comic book character). So he was a Blue Lantern, most of his original rogues have been killed with no plans of returning, he's possibly dead and obviously DC still doesn't give a shit about him.

I heard Marz was working on a 90s GL one-shot with him, but I don't know anything about it specifically.

So this thread is for what you predict the next screw-job will be by DC Comics.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By velle37

His New Guardians role will be the leader, but I don't know if it will be as a Green Lantern or a Blue Lantern (most likely a green lantern though)... 
    John is supposedly going to have a role in the New Guardians as well, but with the revamp he'll be lumped with Guy in the GLC title at least at the beginning, so I don't know how that will play out.... 
    They should bring back Nero, and get Kyle back with Jade.... 
    They will most likely find a way to get Kyle back with Jade, but I don't know if they will bring back Nero....
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

They've already killed some of Kyle's villains for no reason, I don't think they intend on bringing them back.

I'm surprised by his new role, maybe I'll get back into comics.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Kyle leading the New Guardians will be a pretty big deal. Him being a Blue Lantern is moronic (well done again, Geoff). But Bedard actually writes Kyle pretty well, and it seems that GL: NG will be a little more distanced  from the rest of the GL books, so Kyle should actually get some decent growth.

This should be titled Kyle's archnemesis: Geoff Johns.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sexy_merc

DC never liked or respected Kyle much even before Johns though.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Sexy Merc: True, but at least before him, the GL narrator wasn't used as a way to plug another Lantern and dismiss Kyle.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Sexy Merc said:

i agree
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sexy_merc
    @FadeToBlackBolt

Why did they make him a Blue Lantern by the way (story-wise)?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Sexy Merc: I'm not sure, I think the Guardians have gone evil or something, so the 4 Earthmen had to take on a Ring from another Corps to combat them. Something like that.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

Not just Kyle gets bad treatment. There is Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

BB

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Amegashita
    @Billy Batson said:

Not just Kyle gets bad treatment. There is Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

BB

Preaching to the choir.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Sexy Merc said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @Sexy Merc: I'm not sure, I think the Guardians have gone evil or something, so the 4 Earthmen had to take on a Ring from another Corps to combat them. Something like that.
    Yup that is exactly what had happened. Kyle took the Blue Ring, Hal took the Yellow, Guy took the Red and John took Indigo.  
    Not quite sure why people here didn't seem to like Kyle as a Blue Lantern. He showed a lot of prowess while using it and was arguably one of the most cool headed Earth Lanterns during the entire War of the Green Lanterns.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By velle37
    @Sexy Merc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: 

You haven't read War of the Green Lanterns? (It started off cool, but I started to hate it when they got the different color rings, now some serious s*** just went down that DC better have a good reason for.......)  
    Krona did some epic ish in the first issue (he possessed each of the 6 guardians with an entity, taking control of them, then put the last entity Paralllax, into the battery thus restoring the impurity, corrupting all of the rings, and mind controlling the entire GLC). 
    Kilowog, John, Kyle, Hal, Guy, and Ganthet all have previous exposure to Parallax (in Rebirth when they were influenced/possessed), so they had some immunity and were able to take their rings off (though it was Ganthet who took John and Kyle's rings off, then they blew up Ganthet's hand)... 
    Since the Green rings were corrupted, Hal still had the other six ring from the other New Guardians (they had been sucked into the book of the black, Hal made it out when he and Sinestro blasted each other while being sucked in).. 
    They each chose rings, Hal had the most experience with Yellow (being Parallax twice, he also has used Qwardian rings before as well [in the Justice story arc, and in the Sinestro Corps War]) so took Sinestro's ring, Guy had been a Red Lantern before, so took that one, Kyle thought Ganthet was hinting at something when he said Kyle was their last hope, so took the Blue, John was about to take the Orange, but Hal said it was too controlling and gave him the Indigo......

@Sexy Merc

said:

They liked him enough to make him omnipotent in Hand of God, even after that Marz had him fight John and appear to be winning (ridiculous), they killed Jade so he could be Ion yet again (though they should've really made him seem more powerful, he had the Starheart in their too, they could've done much more if they were thinking), and in the Ion minisereis, the guardians entrusted their life-spark in Kyle Rayner (which may or may not tie into Kyle's new role in the New Guardians, depending on whether or not writers remember this).... 
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @Billy Batson said:

BB

Wonder Woman ? I don't know, I think DC is trying their hardest to offer the character to new audiences, despite having very low sales, they could just eliminate her character in one swipe, and yet they haven't, for what it's worth they respect her and her iconic status and are still trying to get her to succeed.

Now Captain Marvel ? They don't give a sh*t about that guy.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Billy Batson
    @Feliciano2040:  

Even Swamp Thing was neglected for some time. He's getting a new serious though.

BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.