Could Kyle Rayner have the potential to become the best

#1 Posted by TheBlackestNight (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Your thoughts on kyle rayner having what it takes to be the best green lantern of the new 52

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

One day, everyone will come to the realization that Kyle's the best, and always has been.

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, there was an issue of Morrison's JLA where the team meets Daniel Hall (Dream of the Endless). At this time, Hal was still dead and Kyle was the sole GL of the universe, and he was ranting on about Hal was the greatest Lantern ever. And then Daniel tells him, "You will surpass him".

And then when Kyle asked him 'what do I know that Hal doesn't,' Daniel replies 'Fear.'

Pity we didn't really see this come into fruition (thanks Geoff!), but who knows, maybe the New 52 might change things. Heck, isn't Kyle wielding like every single color ring now?

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

You know, there was an issue of Morrison's JLA where the team meets Daniel Hall (Dream of the Endless). At this time, Hal was still dead and Kyle was the sole GL of the universe, and he was ranting on about Hal was the greatest Lantern ever. And then Daniel tells him, "You will surpass him".

And then when Kyle asked him 'what do I know that Hal doesn't,' Daniel replies 'Fear.'

Pity we didn't really see this come into fruition (thanks Geoff!), but who knows, maybe the New 52 might change things. Heck, isn't Kyle wielding like every single color ring now?

technically we have seen it.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

also, in before the Hal bashing.

#6 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not about hypothetical potential, it's simple fact. Kyle, the Torchbearer, the wielder of the Ion Entity. The master of every aspect of the emotional spectrum is the greatest Lantern, perhaps even, hero, there shall ever be.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle being the 'best Green Lantern'? Debatable, but I suppose one could make the argument that he did eventually surpass Hal as pointed out.

#8 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

Kyle being the 'best Green Lantern'? Debatable, but I suppose one could make the argument that he did eventually surpass Hal as pointed out.

He wielded the Ion Power, and then, when faced as the strongest being in existence, he brought the Corp back, rather than destroy it as Hal had done previously. I think it's easy to assert that Kyle surpassed Hal. Dream was correct.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Duly noted.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Kyle kinda was the best. I mean just from a pure power perspective he was always above Hal's basic level IIRC.

And now he's got training with multiple rings.

#11 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark: That was a great issue.

I think that at the time the mantra about Hal Jordan was that he felt no fear and that Kyle felt fear but overcame it anyway, which was why Daniel said that Kyle had greater potential.

Since then it's been updated to say that Hal also feels, but overcomes fear.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Veshark: That was a great issue.

I think that at the time the mantra about Hal Jordan was that he felt no fear and that Kyle felt fear but overcame it anyway, which was why Daniel said that Kyle had greater potential.

Since then it's been updated to say that Hal also feels, but overcomes fear.

this

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@Veshark said:

Kyle being the 'best Green Lantern'? Debatable, but I suppose one could make the argument that he did eventually surpass Hal as pointed out.

He wielded the Ion Power, and then, when faced as the strongest being in existence, he brought the Corp back, rather than destroy it as Hal had done previously. I think it's easy to assert that Kyle surpassed Hal. Dream was correct.

well to be fair, its not like he could have destroyed something that was already gone.

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

One day, everyone will come to the realization that Kyle's the best, and always has been.

Keep dreaming

Online
#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

One day, everyone will come to the realization that Kyle's the best, and always has been.

Keep dreaming

Hal is my all time fave but even i can admit that Kyle has done better job

#16 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

You're all fools John Stewart surpasses all!!!!!

#17 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBlackestNight: @Gambit1024 said:

One day, everyone will come to the realization that Kyle's the best, and always has been.

he was the last lantern, ion, a being able to harness all the emotional spectrum , before becoming and mastering it eventually becoming a white lantern . i think its been established that he is just awesome and potentially the most powerful lantern that will ever exist , and he isn't even my favorite lantern. (do not worry my all time least favorite is Hal , G'nort ranks above him)

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

You're all fools John Stewart surpasses all!!!!!

yup, just ask those nice folks on Xanshi : )

#19 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@202122 said:

You're all fools John Stewart surpasses all!!!!!

yup, just ask those nice folks on Xanshi : )

Oiii those wimps on Xanshi had it coming

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.