Kyle Higgins Wants to Bring Back Mystery and Intrique to Batman Beyond

#1 Edited by Sammo21 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish DC would do a new Direct to DVD/BD Batman Beyond movie. Terry McGinnis is my third favorite DC character after Tim Drake and Hal Jordan. Dana and Terry aren't together anymore? Wow, that's a complete change from what's recently transpired in the comics.

As much as I have been liking the digital to print stuff I wish we still had a full Batman Beyond book without the other stuff. Even with as good as it is it stills feels like filler to me. I'd gladly buy separate books for each of those properties opposed to limiting the stories we get for all of them.

#2 Edited by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Greatest Saturday morning kid show theme EVER!!

#3 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY the Batman Beyond I want to read!

I had a problems with the series thus far. Maybe it was mixing too much with current continuity, but it hasn't really felt like the Batman Beyond that I loved. I'm also not fond of the art. It just never looked like Batman Beyond to me. The Hush mini before this series was great though.

Higgins seems to be bringing me what I was missing. Pretty excited for this. And I'm glad he cleared up the continuity by saying it is the animated series continuity.

#4 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

The hunter character Kyle couldn't think of is "Stalker." I loved that show. (So did he, apparently) The fact that Kyle is writing two of my favorite DC characters makes him that much cooler.

#5 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like one of those shirts please

#6 Edited by Jawshco (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Kyle still writing Nightwing? I hope so. I really like what he's doing with that character.

#7 Posted by Mucklefluga (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

@jawshco said:

Is Kyle still writing Nightwing? I hope so. I really like what he's doing with that character.

He definitely is.

#8 Edited by Ett (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy Batman beyond sad to see the creative team leave. 10,000 Clowns arc was dark but not in that gritty over done way.

Too bad about the timeskip. Would loves to see dana/terry/batman in a mary jane/peter/spider-man relationship.

#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond is on Netflix now and I started rewatching it after reading this interview. I've noticed there are tons of unexplored holes in the series. Like Society of Assassins was never explored, but there was a cliff-hanging kind of thing at the end of the episode. I'm surprised no one has touched on any of this yet. And if it is also a part in the animated series, there are also holes in that. Almost every villain was destroyed by the end of Justice League Unlimited. I'd like to know what happened after the point. Was there no need for super heroes anymore until this point. I remember the first episode of Batman Beyond when Bruce is still fighting in his old age. Was that because his obsession with Gotham or because it truly needed to be saved? How did this Joker gang come to power without Bruce stopping them? DId it have something to do with the development of the city? I don't know. I just feel like there is so much to explore in continuity and I don't feel like the writers right now are exploring that. They're more exploring the relationship with the characters they know that aren't in the Batman Beyond universe yet.

Anyhow, yeah.

#10 Posted by mathematicscore (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Beechen Breyfogle was a great team; I hope they land somewhere cool...

#11 Posted by RavenVice01 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond is not some canon, it is the future of DC.

#12 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond is not some canon, it is the future of DC.

It isn't the future of the DC. It is the future of the DCAU.

#13 Edited by QuantomMan (216 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT SO COOL!! i cant wait to see what Kyle does for BB

#14 Edited by Surkit (11081 posts) - - Show Bio

Higgins is one of my favorite writers, thats whats up

this vid at 15-20 seconds tripped me out

#15 Posted by masterlogan2000 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle's the man! Lockport!

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Higgins on Batman Beyond? Sign me up!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.