The Kyknos wiki last edited by fesak on 05/06/13 02:09PM
View full history
Kyknos was created by
Fred Van Lente
in 2008 and first appeared in
Kykno's is the son of
and a mortal woman. Desperate to please his father, he began slaughtering men and using their bones to build a temple to honor Ares. Kyknos ran afoul of
battling him as his father watched urging
to allow him to assist his son, who refused until he spoke with the
. They had foreseen Kyknos's death, so Are's joined his son in battling Hercules almost overcoming him until the intervention of
, which allowed Hercules to wound Ares and kill his son.
Upon death Kyknos was sent to Hades, where he stayed for many centuries and where he again encountered Hercules who was attempting to free Zeus. Hercules was forced to battle a jury including Kyknos. Kyknos later attacks
for not honoring his bargain of freeing the captives of Hades. Kyknos later frees himself from Hades, by accepting Hera's offer to be the new god of war, as well as killing his father. But his father soon after kills him once again.
- Height: 6"7'
- Weight: 351 lbs
- Eye Color: Yellow
- Hair Color: None
- Place of Birth: Unrevealed
- Citizenship: Greece, legally deceased
- Education: Tutored in combat by Ares
- Occupation: Warrior, former cult leader
- Known Relatives: Ares (father), Pelopia (mother), Alexander Aaron (Phobos), Deimos, Monstro, Phobos (half brothers), Antiope, Diomedes' mares, Harmonia, Hippolyta, Lysippe, Melenippe, Orithia, Penthesilea (half sisters), Zeus, (grandfather), Hera (grandmother), Apollo, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hercules, Hermes (uncles), Aphrodite/Venus, Artemis, Athena, Hebe, Persephone (aunts), Neptune/Poseidon. Pluto (grand uncles), Demeter, Vesta (grand aunts), Chronus (great-grandfather), Rhea (great-grandmother), Gaea (great-great-grandmother), Ouranos (great-great-grandfather),
Powers & Abilities
Kryknos has superhuman strength, enhanced durability, and increased mass due to extra dense flesh and bone. He is trained in armed combat with ancient Greek weapons such as swords, spears, and double-edged axes. He is also well versed in ancient rituals.