Follow

Kubik

Character » Kubik appears in 15 issues.

Kubik is a sentient Cosmic Cube, like the Shaper of Worlds and Kosmos (the former Beyonder). He has power on a cosmic scale, and is exploring the universe and his role in it.

Kubik Chronology

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killemall

As with few other threads i have created, this is NOT a respect thread but rather the chronological appearances of Kubik. While most of his feats performed will be scanned under the thread, that was not the main objective but rather to put together hopefully a comprehensive history of Kubik and things he has done. I will be pulling scans from the comics he has appeared in and marvel handbook however i will not be drawing from his appearences outside of marvel universe 616, although if anyone is interested the only major reality that he has appeared that is not canon to 616 would be Earth 982 during Last Planet Standing story arc and even then all he does is appear as one of the captives of Galactus.

I will also not be pulling in scans from all the various appearences of cosmic cube, but rather appearences from the point Kubik gains sentience, should anyone require the appearences of Kubik before he gains sentience and appears as a cosmic cube created by AIM do let me know so i could try and post those too, for this thread and for now lets focus on Kubik.

So onto his chronology.

Captain America Annual , volume 1, 07: This issue explains how a cosmic cube is created (among other just picked this as a personal preference). Essentially energies are released from a gigantic universe that lies beyond the negative zone called the universe of the Beyonders, these energies are trapped in a container forming the cosmic cube. Point i was trying to make was, while the cosmic cube was made by AIM, AIM were not the creators of Kubik. Kubik essence comes from Beyonders universe, this is substantiated by marvel handbook as well.

No Caption Provided

Official Handbook of the Marvel Univese 1989 substantiates this

No Caption Provided

In the same issue, with a small portion of cosmic cube power Bernard Worrell remakes the planet earth on the image he always wanted, called "technopolis", and the cube also transforms him into a god

Because the cube can feel the fear of Bernard it stars changing into a small , spider like being starts going insane lucky for them Shaper of the World comes for the aid , clams down Kubik, takes him away to teach him evolve

Official Handbook of Marvel Universe 1989 explains in details the whole story arc

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Defenders Volume 1, 150: Apparently stars in the universe are disappearing 1 after another because the Star Thief who has somehow , because of his desire, manage to tap the power of Kubik is transporting them into a pocket dimension. Kubik sends a living Nebula to earth to call heroes for help, but upon reaching earth she forgets what happened, then later remember and finally star thief is beaten, as Defenders using the cube reach Star theif's mind and calm her, and cube restores the star in their respective place.

Marvel Handbook 1989 vouches the whole instance

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avengers vol 1, 289: Super Adaptoid manages to copy the power of Kubik because he was created with a silver of cosmic cube inside him. It was said that the fight between (Kubik vs Super Adaptoid) would affect all of existence.

Avengers 290: Kubik gets BFRed into the largest black hole in the universe, he is unharmed. He confirms that a fight between him and super adaptoid would danger the multiverse.

Captain America vs Super Adaptoid and Captain America manages to beat him using a super plot, he claims human are and will always be superior to Super Adaptoid because human die and its the mortality that makes us special. Super Adaptoid tried to show he can do it, and well dies.

Marvel Handbook 1989 backs the whole stuffs

No Caption Provided

Fantastic Four 319: Kubik fights and beats Beyonder in his own realm.

The whole instance is referred to in Marvel Handbook 1989

No Caption Provided

Fantastic Four Annual 23: Kubik explains the whole marvel actuality and hierarchy of power to Kosmos

Fantastic Four 351:Kubik and Kosmos experiment with Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four Annual 26: Meeting with the Celestials, apparently Kubik and Kosmos are inferior to Celestials

Few additional stuffs i picked up from marvel handbooks.

Marvel Handbook 1989 attempts to puts Kubik's power in terms of marvel powerhouses. According to Handbook Kubik is likely more powerful than Odin, Zeus and the Watchers, how he compares with Galactus is unknown but Kubik likely is less powerful than most known Celestials and definitely less powerful than Exitar. Kubik is likely less powerful than the Beyoners, definitely less powerful than Eternity as well as Living Tribunal.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Handbook 1992 gives us a list of Kubik's power and attribute and as expected it looks pretty damn impressive :)

No Caption Provided
    laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By laflux

@Killemall: Good stuff :)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

After Bane explained me how to make a thread without having someone to actually post everytime i run out of 70 scans limit i am having quite a bit a fun making these.

Have you check out other of my threads? There are like 10 atm, i am going to make one on Neptune next, but busy this week hopefully by the end of next week or the week after, then i'll see what to do.

This is actually a LOT more fun than battle threads man, and once you have read and made a chronology thread for a particular guy, then if you have to debate on a battle thread you just get extra confidence that not only have you read everything on a guy, you have read most handbook to back up your stance :)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

After Bane explained me how to make a thread without having someone to actually post everytime i run out of 70 scans limit i am having quite a bit a fun making these.

Have you check out other of my threads? There are like 10 atm, i am going to make one on Neptune next, but busy this week hopefully by the end of next week or the week after, then i'll see what to do.

This is actually a LOT more fun than battle threads man, and once you have read and made a chronology thread for a particular guy, then if you have to debate on a battle thread you just get extra confidence that not only have you read everything on a guy, you have read most handbook to back up your stance :)

Yes I have taken a look at all of them. remember, I helped you with the Thanos thread I'm not the 5th highest Wiki contributer of the Mad Titan for nothing :)

I am looking forward to Neptune though. You of course have to show his encounter with Set :P. I really think that Marvel should do more with him. The fact that Hera and Athena have led the Greek Pantheon instead of him while Zeus has been otherwise occupied is quite silly IMO.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Killemall

@laflux: Ah cool, its fun i have been making heaps of these chronology threads recently. Neptune vs Set is already there on my Set chronology so i can just copy paste that, apparently Neptune also beat and imprison another elder god, a young more cooler elder god, called The Wild One. I have got about 15 more issues to go, hopefully can finish that soon.

I am aiming for a Dormammu chronology next, but that is going to take quite a while. I looked through his appeareces and there are 186 of them, most of them are super old that would at least take me 2 weeks.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@Killemall: Nice. But a chronology of Neptune? Not sure how many feats he has. You're going to post the Neptune vs. Zeus scans, right? Although you said you didn't have them.....

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Killemall

@ShootingNova: touchwood, i send you a reply regarding the same topic. Hercules: Fall of an Avenger is a series i havent read yet, to Zeus vs Neptune was likely from there. I am very, very, very disappointed reading Neptune appearences, 2 bios back up him being a 60 tonner, not sure what the hell is going on there, and he pwned Namor who apparent is 80 tonner, something just doesnt add up.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

@Killemall: One of them said 70 tonner. One said he was superhuman class 75.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killemall

@ShootingNova said:

@Killemall: One of them said 70 tonner. One said he was superhuman class 75.

Thats still pretty horrible considering someone of that power level.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@Killemall: At one point, apparently Odin was Class 60, so way to go with Marvel handbooks and the likes.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cosmic_reign

NICE!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.