How much Kryptonite is too much?

#1 Edited by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

We have all seen Kryptonians get severly hurt by Kryptonite, but how much does it REALLY take to kill one?
#2 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure, one moment he cringes at the sight of a small kryptonite ring and another moment he's fighting a kryptonite monster..

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose it all depends on length of exposure and the willpower of the person.  Often, Superman has the ability to overcome Kryptonite radiation poisoning when someone is in danger because of his will to fight and defend.  Other Kryptonians might not have that kind of focus or perhaps that opportunity.

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on the writer

#5 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"depends on the writer "

Yep!
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not about the amount of kryptonite, it's about how long he's exposed to it. Any amount of kryptonite is dangerous, from tiniest pebbles to meteor sized chunks. Now how it actually takes to kill him, that really @joshmightbe said:

" depends on the writer "
#7 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

What if , for instance, one was stabbed with a Kryptonite knife? Would the effects be greater if a ring was being held in front of him for the same period of time that a knife was inside of him?
#8 Posted by 614azrael (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

my question is if a kryptonite knife works why dosnt a ninja eenmy(surely ther is one) just make a katana of the stuff n cut him in half

#9 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

ya need a alot more kryptonite to take down superman now

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43608 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure. I think Superman takes a lot more to take down than most other Kryptonians though.

#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" depends on the writer "

#13 Posted by tensor (4641 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786: i agree with u on that 1
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Kryptonite is to much Kryptonite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.