Would Krypto have an improved resistance to red sunlight?

#1 Posted by GrombleTromble (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Since he has a white coat of fur, would the red sun affect him less as it doesn't have direct contact with his skin? Also since he has bright white fur, would it help to reflect most of the light?

#2 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not at all.

#3 Posted by GrombleTromble (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hamz: Any elaboration on that?
#4 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrombleTromble: White clothing/fur isn't as reflective as you think, in fact there is barely a difference between black and white when it comes to absorption (as far as i can remember). the reason why people traditionally wore white in middle eastern countries is because white was just easier to wash.
#5 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

The red sun doesn't drain Superman or Krypto of their powers, it just doesn't give them powers like a yellow sun does. Under a red sun, they still have powers for as long as their reserves hold out. So no, Krypto doesn't have an improved resistance.

#6 Posted by GrombleTromble (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cosmic Sentinel: Righto, I was just assuming it sucked the good yellow sun out or something since the guns they used in War of New Krypton worked instantly. That was synthesised red sun in a weaponised format though so probably weakened them with a blast as well so that they used up the yellow sun energy.. Who knows!
#7 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrombleTromble:  Yes, they were deliberately weaponized. In other comics, where he is simply in a red sun environment, his powers drain more gradually.
#8 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

I could have sworn red sunlight did drain their powers quicker. I remember someone saying he was fighting Superboy Prime near one and his powers were draining more quickly, or some such.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.