Follow

Krypto

Character » Krypto appears in 1148 issues.

Krypto is Superman's Kryptonian dog. He possesses all of the sun-born abilities of his master, as well as super-canine intelligence. He is also known for being a sort of sidekick to Superboy becoming his companion after Superman saw he had no time to give to the very social canine. He has also appeared in his own cartoon series.

Should he be the only Super pet?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

In the Superman Family of course, should he? I mean for real...Krypto's story, out of them all makes the most sense and isn't just thrown together just to make a superhero. I mean...I really don't see Comet the Superhorse, or Super Monkey flying around that just seems too weird. Not that a super dog isn't weird its just...a super horse? Really? A monkey isn't really needed, and have a hard time seeing work.  Streaky the supercat.....ehh, I mean I could see Streaky working, but his backstory was kinda well....dumb, getting hit with some kinda ray from kryptonite that Supergirl was experimenting on and gaining super powers? 

Now I know some heroes, have either 

1. A ridiculous backstory. 

or  

2. The character is shoe horned in, just to make a different character(weither it be different gender or being or whatever) with the same powers as the other. 
    === 

Just to clarify, am not saying that Krypto should be the only Super pet in comics just in the Superman Family. 

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

you also forgot to factor in a super-horse is completely terrifying

but yes i think Krypto should be the only super pet

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Beppo should be a devolved kryptonian

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.