New 52 Krypto?

#1 Posted by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he gained any powers? Beaten any bad guys? Show any good feats yet?

#2 Posted by Supes1903 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

He's only had one appearance so far that I know of, and that was in Action Comics in which Kal ends up pulling him out of the Phantom Zone and having a nice "a boy and his dog" moment.

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics #16 too.

#4 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, so far his main ability seems to have been to watch over Kal-el for his entire life in spirit in Action Comics #13 ...actually one of my favorite actions to date!

#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah rats. Well am hoping he appears more and helps out Supes from time to time beating the bad guys, best relationship ever!

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Clark is walking Krypto every day.

#7 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he shows up in issue 16. Also, in relation to how dangerous an attack dog is compared to a human Krypto should be one of the most dangerous comic characters. Clark holds back, an attack dog won't.

#8 Posted by Onemoreposter (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Xa-Du (the Kryptonian scientist/criminal who we saw discover a way to channel his essence outside the phantom zone in the Action Comics Annual) states that a kryptonian guard hound is unbeatable in Action Comics 16. It's actually a pretty epic Krypto appearance. Loving Morrison's run. The fact that Krypto pretty much traveled the actual distance on foot between Krypton and Earth to look after Kal is awesome.

#9 Edited by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter said:

@spinningbirdcake: Xa-Du (the Kryptonian scientist/criminal who we saw discover a way to channel his essence outside the phantom zone in the Action Comics Annual) states that a kryptonian guard hound is unbeatable in Action Comics 16. It's actually a pretty epic Krypto appearance. Loving Morrison's run. The fact that Krypto pretty much traveled the actual distance on foot between Krypton and Earth to look after Kal is awesome.

Wait so thats Krypto? Awesome! So I take it from there, that he has powers then? Neat! Hope there is more to come with Krypto, everyone forgets about him in the Supes family and he was the 2nd one(well 1st not including Superman). D: Poor Krypto!
#10 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss that old show that came on Cartoon Network

#11 Posted by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@GunGunW said:

I miss that old show that came on Cartoon Network

Lol, it was corny but then was made for kids. I liked it, XD though I kinda wished he was a character in one of the more serious shows.
#12 Posted by Onemoreposter (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

Yehp, Krypto's pretty close to his pre-COIE incarnation. Apparently Jor-El grew him in a test tube with some of Kal-El's DNA so the two are inexorably linked. Krypto also thus far seems to possess the standard set of "kryptonian on earth" abilities and some modicum of super-intelligence (thought to what degree has yet to be clearly defined).

I have to correct myself about one thing though. Xa-Du escapes the phantom zone in Action Comics # 13 the Halloweeen Special, not the annual. My bad

#13 Edited by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@Onemoreposter said:

Yehp, Krypto's pretty close to his pre-COIE incarnation. Apparently Jor-El grew him in a test tube with some of Kal-El's DNA so the two are inexorably linked. Krypto also thus far seems to possess the standard set of "kryptonian on earth" abilities and some modicum of super-intelligence (thought to what degree has yet to be clearly defined).

I have to correct myself about one thing though. Xa-Du escapes the phantom zone in Action Comics # 13 the Halloweeen Special, not the annual. My bad

Awesome! Neat that they are linked together like that, no wonder its the best man-dog relationship ever! Sweet though, can't wait to see more of Krypto! 

I actually thought of a neat idea, you say that Krypto and Kal are linked...so I think it would be cool for them to be able to communicate via their thoughts.
#14 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Krypto lives with Clark to keep Clark company.

#15 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolfrazer
@Onemoreposter said:

Wait so thats Krypto? Awesome! So I take it from there, that he has powers then? Neat! Hope there is more to come with Krypto, everyone forgets about him in the Supes family and he was the 2nd one(well 1st not including Superman). D: Poor Krypto!
Yeah that's a perfect scan to show. Krypto's a bonafied badass in issue 13 and 16.
#16 Posted by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@spinningbirdcake said:
@Wolfrazer
@Onemoreposter said:

Yeah that's a perfect scan to show. Krypto's a bonafied badass in issue 13 and 16.
Did you just make a dog joke? XD
#17 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

It would look cute if Clark and Krypto sleep in one bed.

#18 Edited by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@colonyofcells said:

It would look cute if Clark and Krypto sleep in one bed.

Not sure that would be wise, it may explode reader's heads with how cute and natural it would be. Also Clark's villains best watch out, or they'll have an unbeatable Krypton guard dog on their hides!
#19 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wolfrazer
@spinningbirdcake said:
@Wolfrazer
@Onemoreposter said:

Did you just make a dog joke? XD
Yeah man. Lazy puns/double entendres are my speciality :)
#20 Posted by Wolfrazer (5949 posts) - - Show Bio
@spinningbirdcake:  Lol nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.