Krypto makes his debut in Action Comics #3....

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

And he looks awful. :/

This is not Krypto. This is Wolf from Young Justice.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

that thing looks like a feline, not a canine, that would be like making Spider-Man black...oh, wait

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Krypto showed up and AC 1 and 2. He's dead.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Wait what? I didn't see that

#5 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024
The Dog skeleton.
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: They said that was Krypto?

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

Do you know any other Kryptonian dog?
#8 Posted by ltbrd (562 posts) - - Show Bio

No they didn't say that was Krypto it was just implied. Krypto's origin is that he was sent in an experimental rocket by Jor-El to Earth to see if the rocket would make it before he completed Kal-El's. The rocket was lost but Jor-El had no choice but to finish Kal's rocket and hope it worked. It wasn't until years later that Krypto's rocket finally made it to Earth.

In the new 52 it would appear Krypto being used in an experimental rocket is still the same but in this version the rocket was not ready and because of that Krypto either didn't survive the trip to Earth, or wasn't found until years after he had landed and so died trapped in the rocket.

If you look at the facial features and teeth of the dog/wolf on the cover to AC 3 you can see that it is identical to the skull features and teeth of the dog/wolf corpse shown in AC 2.

Like the way Krypto has been redesigned to not look like a typical Earth dog but something that you can instantly tell had a similar role in Krypton but looks alien to what we would consider a domesticated pet.

#9 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that slightly alien design for Krypto actually..shame he might be dead...

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I see. So mark this his first formal appearance then?

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I see. So mark this his first formal appearance then?

yeah though it looks like a flashback though.
#12 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3517 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
Krypto showed up and AC 1 and 2. He's dead.
THAT WAS A GOAT
#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah said:
I like that slightly alien design for Krypto actually..shame he might be dead...
yup
#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry this is off topic but this song has been playing in my head since i saw the preview for Action #3 on tuesday

#15 Posted by frozenedge (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

They never said that was Krypto. The skeleton is more goat-like than dog-like. It has a horn and six legs which even the possibly redesigned Krypto doesn't have.

Either Krypto is dead or he's trapped in the Phantom Zone like G-Man said in his review. We'l sadly just have to wait for Krypto to make his return

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.