Follow

Kraven the Hunter

Character » Kraven the Hunter appears in 931 issues.

A famous big game hunter, who became a mercenary and later, developed an intense obsession with restoring honor to his name. Kraven has been known as a major threat for Spider-Man and leaving a legacy during his demise.

What will be Kraven the Hunter's new purpose?*Grim Hunt Spoilers*

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Hobgoblin

If you read today's Amazing Spider-Man #635, you know that Kraven the Hunter has returned from the grave. This got me wondering, assuming he survives Grim Hunt in tact, what will be his new purpose? Sure, he'll probably go back to hunting Spider-Man. But how does that make him different than all the previous attempts he made on Spider-Man's life? As we saw before his last hunt, Kraven had become stale. How are they going to make him consistantly fresh and exciting in future Spider-Man stories without treading old ground over and over again? Any ideas?

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

He has no reason to hunt Spider-man. He has already won. He's beaten Spider-man at his own game. I'm going to try to see if this works but in my mind it ruins one of the greatest moments in Spider-man history. Spider-man LOST! He was buried alive. He was ready to kill Kraven, but Kraven won and knew it. Kraven killed himself because that was it. There was no reason for him to live. It's just UHHHHHHH! 

I really hope they don't make this worse..... Please don't fck this up Marvel.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Citizen 14
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " He has no reason to hunt Spider-man. He has already won. He's beaten Spider-man at his own game. I'm going to try to see if this works but in my mind it ruins one of the greatest moments in Spider-man history. Spider-man LOST! He was buried alive. He was ready to kill Kraven, but Kraven won and knew it. Kraven killed himself because that was it. There was no reason for him to live. It's just UHHHHHHH!  I really hope they make this worse..... Please don't fck this up Marvel. "
    This exactly. Kraven has been one of my favorite villains since the beginning. Bringing him back just seems like Marvel just wants to rub the fact that he didnt kill the Spider in his face. His life was complete and he was happy. Why do this? I hope this works out...
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Maybe he'll hunt other Totems like Black Panther.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Citizen 14
    @Nobody: LMAO
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Hobgoblin

I am hoping that Kraven gets pissed at Sasha and Ana for brining him back. It seems like it's a very Kraven thing to do. Something along the lines of "Why did you bring me back?! I died with honor, and now you've stolen that from me! Without honor, life is meaningless!!!" as he proceeds to kill them for their having done something to him he considers to be an abomination.
    Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By Deadknight
    @The Hobgoblin:
    That's what I figure will happen, as it was Kraven's choice to die when he did. 
    It certainly doesn't seem like he would want to be resurrected.
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kerukun878
    @The Hobgoblin said:
    " I am hoping that Kraven gets pissed at Sasha and Ana for brining him back. It seems like it's a very Kraven thing to do. Something along the lines of "Why did you bring me back?! I died with honor, and now you've stolen that from me! Without honor, life is meaningless!!!" as he proceeds to kill them for their having done something to him he considers to be an abomination. "
    This essentially did happen.. Except he's proud of Ana, and angry at Sasha.
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @kerukun878 said:
    " @The Hobgoblin said:
    " I am hoping that Kraven gets pissed at Sasha and Ana for brining him back. It seems like it's a very Kraven thing to do. Something along the lines of "Why did you bring me back?! I died with honor, and now you've stolen that from me! Without honor, life is meaningless!!!" as he proceeds to kill them for their having done something to him he considers to be an abomination. "
    This essentially did happen.. Except he's proud of Ana, and angry at Sasha. "

I'm not sure if it was me being psychic or the obvious thing to happen.
    biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By biggkeem89

I was hoping that if he does stay alive, he would start hunting other heroes for sport. Kind of like The Punisher that takes down heroes.

chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By chris thompson
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    "He has no reason to hunt Spider-man. He has already won. He's beaten Spider-man at his own game. I'm going to try to see if this works but in my mind it ruins one of the greatest moments in Spider-man history. Spider-man LOST! He was buried alive. He was ready to kill Kraven, but Kraven won and knew it. Kraven killed himself because that was it. There was no reason for him to live. It's just UHHHHHHH!  I really hope they don't make this worse..... Please don't fck this up Marvel. "

this
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The Hobgoblin:
    killing yourself is actually one of the most shameful types of deaths so he didnt really die with honor. maybe in his own diseased mind but not really
    Max_Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Max_Spider

Hunting was all well and good for him to base his entire life around, but isen't he now completely unkillible to anybody except Spider-Man...? I kinda think that part of the reason he finds hunting to be as honerable as he does is because his prey is completely capable of killing him in return... But without the ability to actually risk his life doing so...? That would no longer be an option to him...
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @The Hobgoblin said:
    " If you read today's Amazing Spider-Man #635, you know that Kraven the Hunter has returned from the grave. This got me wondering, assuming he survives Grim Hunt in tact, what will be his new purpose? Sure, he'll probably go back to hunting Spider-Man. But how does that make him different than all the previous attempts he made on Spider-Man's life? As we saw before his last hunt, Kraven had become stale. How are they going to make him consistantly fresh and exciting in future Spider-Man stories without treading old ground over and over again? Any ideas?    "
    hmm, not sure.  it looks like he's trying to get back to his roots; we shall see what this means for him.  It looks like Ana will play a big role with him though
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @N7_Normandy:
    Unless Al kills her, which I highly doubt. I also want Ana to win, so I could be biased.
    BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BloodTalon

I just finished reading the Grim Hunt trade and I liked it

@Joeybagad0nutz said:

He has no reason to hunt Spider-man. He has already won. He's beaten Spider-man at his own game. I'm going to try to see if this works but in my mind it ruins one of the greatest moments in Spider-man history. Spider-man LOST! He was buried alive. He was ready to kill Kraven, but Kraven won and knew it. Kraven killed himself because that was it. There was no reason for him to live. It's just UHHHHHHH! I really hope they don't make this worse..... Please don't fck this up Marvel.

I agree with most of this and that is why I think that now that he is back he should hunt anyone dumb enoughu to use an animal as there name and I mean hero or criminal. Like the Rhino or Wolverine or Black cat

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF

I think if anything (i know he is a true hunter) he should have hunt him again, this time either killing him or taking his mask. Then he can move on to other "game". He can hun Rhino, Scorpion, The Lizard, Vulture, Symbiotes, Hulks,. I want to see him hunt every thing. Hunt Captain America (as being the Head of the Avengers) Scott Summers (Head of X-Men) Wolverine (the best at what he does), That would give him years of purpose and if he ever got through them all he could move on to bigger game (Gods). He wouldnt have to kill what he hunts either, just take what is most dear to them. Spiderman's mask, Captain America's Shield, Cyclops visor, one of Wolverines claws (that would be cool to see all though i dont see Kraven winning that one), etc., etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.