Kratos to be in Next Mortal Kombat game 2011?!?

#1 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...this was surprising news...for the record this has been an ongoing rumor for months but apparently is looking more and more real. I know the MK team has said they're not saying anything concerning DLC characters or newer characters or other surprises....but this makes me wonder, will he be for Xbox also as DLC like they did with SC? Or is this another example of "exclusive console character" meaning would Mk for Xbox get Marcus Phoenix or Master Chief? 

http://stickskills.com/news/1360/kratos-to-star-in-upcoming-mortal-kombat/    

#2 Posted by King Saturn (218288 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope we get Master Chief... I aint too big on Marcus
#3 Posted by DarthT0n3h (20 posts) - - Show Bio

i just saw this on g4, if it is console exclusive, not being biased but marcus phoenix would make more sense for mortal kombat than master chief. 

#4 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

If Kratos is a console exclusive we all know which console thats going to be. 
Either way I doubt it's true.
#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15348 posts) - - Show Bio

The Next Characters:
Master Chief
Mario
Zangief

#6 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

But even if Kratos is in the PS3 version it doesn't mean he won't be making an appearance on Xbox at some point....  as we've seen SC4 "claim" the same thing, yet later on we saw Vader on Xbox since originally he was on just PS3, Yoda on Xbox. They switched it... 

It really is unfair though, that's why I hate exclusive deals...just make all DLC on both consoles...  

LOL, I doubt Mario and Zangief will be in MK9....I'd like to see Ryu and Sub-Zero in SSB 4 though lol

#7 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm..................................................why this fool makin it into MK9, when I'm STILL waiting to see my girl Jade?  This some bullsh*t

#8 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"

Uhm..................................................why this fool makin it into MK9, when I'm STILL waiting to see my girl Jade?  This some bullsh*t

"
I agree. I want Jade to appear.
#9 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage said:
"

"
I agree. I want Jade to appear. "

Kitana = Fabulous 
Mileena = Vicious/Sexylicious 
Jade = Showstopper 

That's the trio, and that's the way it works.  Sindel has already been confirmed (PRAISE JESUS!!!), now add the beautiful black one. 
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (89469 posts) - - Show Bio

Obvious gimmick is obvious.

#11 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Kitana = Fabulous Mileena = Vicious/Sexylicious Jade = Showstopper  That's the trio, and that's the way it works.  Sindel has already been confirmed (PRAISE JESUS!!!), now add the beautiful black one.  "
Absolutely.  Now, all Mileena has to do is keep that mouth "thing" on, and I'll be just fine. LOL
Don't forget about Sareena and Tanya.
#12 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage said:
" @Kitana = Fabulous Mileena = Vicious/Sexylicious Jade = Showstopper  That's the trio, and that's the way it works.  Sindel has already been confirmed (PRAISE JESUS!!!), now add the beautiful black one.  "
Absolutely.  Now, all Mileena has to do is keep that mouth "thing" on, and I'll be just fine. LOL Don't forget about Sareena and Tanya. "
I would cry if she was in this.  No joke.  No words could express the joy I would feel.  However, due to their current line-up, I have to take what I can get.  And Sindel was a blessing I thought would get left out.  Now I need Jade, and my CORE roster will be complete.  Any extras would just make me want do Ed boon. 
@Vance Astro said:
"Obvious gimmick is obvious. "

The only good thing about him being a character in this line up is the fact that you get to kill his ass in 50 different ways.   

#13 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage:  Totally. Tanya isn't used that often either. It's time that she gets the respect that she rightfully deserves. LOL ; )
#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

Using character not from their games! Wow, what an innovation! No one has done that before that I can think of!

Yup........no one.

#15 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
"Using character not from their games! Wow, what an innovation! No one has done that before that I can think of!
  Yup........no one. "

That cover looks so stupid.  Yoda's face doesn't even look like it's REALLY ON THE COVER.  They pissed me off with that Star Wars ish.
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage:  Totally. Tanya isn't used that often either. It's time that she gets the respect that she rightfully deserves. LOL ; ) "

She's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scandalous that she's fabulous.  I hope Ed Boon understands this...................Stryker's ass made it in.  I feel Tanya should be allowed to AT LEAST get a fair trial.  In fact, he SHOULD talk to me, and see who should get killed off permanently, and who should be allowed to live.  I have plenty of suggestions.   

#16 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44210 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: LOL want your token black chick in there? :P
#17 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: Let's write letters to them. LOL

Check this out:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6VeXxYtT4
#18 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
" @White Mage: LOL want your token black chick in there? :P "

LOL She's the best dressed one of all three.  Green tends to do that.  And I want her hair down in some way.  No bun.  And she better have some kind of flowing fabric.  African-style attire preferably.  Like in Deception.  BTW, Jax's big black ass is in there.  They could at LEAST put in the black character that I actually LIKE.  She and her staff need to be kickin ass in 360 graphics. 
#19 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Tanya's yellow and black dress.

#20 Posted by RLAAMJR (2563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage said:
"

"
I agree. I want Jade to appear. "
I prefer Ororo Munroe to appear in Mortal Kombat than jade. Hehehe",)

It's great news that Kratos will be part of this awesome game too.

Maybe we'll get to see a soulcalibur character to be included in this game
#21 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage: Let's write letters to them. LOL  Check this out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6VeXxYtT4 "

Angry letters.  And I love her outfit as well.  And her storyline.  And her treachery......................................................Kill Li Mei if you have to, but leave the other black one ALONE!
#22 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR said:
" @I prefer Ororo Munroe to appear in Mortal Kombat than jade. Hehehe",)  It's great news that Kratos will be part of this awesome game too.  Maybe we'll get to see a soulcalibur character to be included in this game "
LOL
#23 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Edamame said:
" @White Mage: Let's write letters to them. LOL  Check this out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6VeXxYtT4 "
Angry letters.  And I love her outfit as well.  And her storyline.  And her treachery......................................................Kill Li Mei if you have to, but leave the other black one ALONE! "
I love those "kiss moves" that most of the Mortal Kombat females do.  Those fatality moves, I mean.  It just gets to me for some reason. LOL
#24 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage said:
" @Edamame said:
Angry letters.  And I love her outfit as well.  And her storyline.  And her treachery......................................................Kill Li Mei if you have to, but leave the other black one ALONE! "
I love those "kiss moves" that most of the Mortal Kombat females do.  Those fatality moves, I mean.  It just gets to me for some reason. LOL "

HAHAHAHAHA  I'm glad they left those fatalities to Sonya and Kitana.  Tanya's move where she rips out your leg bone, and then stabs you in the throat with it is just so damn............fitting. 
#25 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: LOL Yeah. There is also that move where Mileena literally eats you and spits all of your bones out of her mouth. LOL
#26 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @White Mage: LOL Yeah. There is also that move where Mileena literally eats you and spits all of your bones out of her mouth. LOL "

Oooooh.  THAT'S what you meant!  You into that freaky ish.   
#27 Posted by Edamame (29331 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Edamame said:
" @White Mage: LOL Yeah. There is also that move where Mileena literally eats you and spits all of your bones out of her mouth. LOL "
Oooooh.  THAT'S what you meant!  You into that freaky ish.    "
LOL Well, I was initially referring to the move where she would kiss the combatant, whilst raising her right leg, if I recall correctly. Eccentric, I know.  ; )
#28 Posted by Mekboy (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatalities incoming lol

#29 Edited by Whoa (501 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage:  
Yes! That is the first thing I thought :D  (Took the words right outta my mouth)
Loving me some Jade, Kitana  and Mileena - They make up the ultimate femme fatal team. 

#30 Edited by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio
 @Vance, it's a gimmick that all fighters use now days just to try to attract the customer to buy their game....

@Decoy Elite
said:

"Using character not from their games! Wow, what an innovation! No one has done that before that I can think of!
  Yup........no one. "

They all do it now equally...from MVC, SC, MK, SSBB list goes on lol 

@ White Mage, yeah lol a lot of your fellow MK/Jade fans are also annoyed that she hasn't been confirmed. I'm SURE she will be in there...btw, Ermac, Kabal, Noob, Stryker, Jax, Sonya, Goro, Shao Kahn have also been confirmed.
#31 Posted by NickA_94 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of MK Fans are really upset about Kratos being in the new MK game, but I see it as a smart move which will increase their sales and Kratos is a really cool character. 

Perfect Tag-Team 
Scorpion & Kratos
#32 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio
@NickA_94 said:
"
Alot of MK Fans are really upset about Kratos being in the new MK game, but I see it as a smart move which will increase their sales and Kratos is a really cool character. 

Perfect Tag-Team 
Scorpion & Kratos
"

No worries ;) they confirmed that Kratos as well as Marcus or whoever they use from GOW or for Xbox will have NOTHING to do with the canon storyline of MK, which is great news. So more or less it's just them being playable but having nothing to do with the story...that's great news. 

Here's the vid 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.