Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6444 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Why the hate for Ellen Page's Kitty?

• 59 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d6db392de0cb
    deactivated-5d6db392de0cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Why does everyone seem to hate Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde so much? I thought that she was a perfect casting choice, and felt exactly like the comics to me. She was one of the few good parts from the Last Stand....

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

People don't like change... but worse yet, people don't like it when another girl steals Rogue's boyfriend ;)   

I genuinely think it's not the actress or the performance that people hate.  It's the role.

Akongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Akongo

Ellen Page is everything.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

She was fine, one of the better bits of that movie!

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jordama

I didn't know she was on the list of movie complaints. She was huge for a while, and has been fading since X3
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

She was good.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ellen Page was the highlight of that crapfest of a film. 

Cyclops dying in the first 15 minutes? An X-Men film without Cyclops is like a Batman film without Alfred, Gordon, the Batmobile or Gotham City.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By riri4life
    @Akongo said:
    "

Ellen Page is everything.

"
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

With all the crap they pulled in that movie, she was one of the major highlights in it.

rachelremedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rachelremedy
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " People don't like change... but worse yet, people don't like it when another girl steals Rogue's boyfriend ;)    I genuinely think it's not the actress or the performance that people hate.  It's the role. "
    Nailed it.
    Rogue fans felt sorry for the way Bobby seemed to be pushing her aside because of Kitty, this led to a lot of people hating the character.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I loved her as Kitty, my only complaint is that she couldn't have been cast in the earlier movies. v__v

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

She just had the misfortune to be in Xmen 3

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't have a problem with Ellen Page as Shadowcat . hell I was pissed they didnt go more in depth with her character.  

Oh yeah i was one of the people who didn't think she was stealing Rogue's boyfriend. Bobby keeps coming in her face asking to do this and that. Kitty just took it as Bobby was being a friend. If anyone paid attention you can see that she was looking as Bobby like an older brother she never had. Most of the time in movie Kitty was just hanging out and going with the flow. Close to the end in the blackbird when everyone was getting for the mission, Kitty was just sitting there thinking about not messing up. Hell Kitty nor Bobby didnt even sit together. Kitty didn't look over to Bobby and be like "oooh this might our first and last mission togther. i wish i would have kissed you on the frozen water fountain. I just want you to know I-I-I love you. Kiss me! Nom nom nom"

Rogue was just being a jealous ass making things complicated. To be honest I didn't really see Bobby do anything wrong. he was trying to be the good boyfriend but Rogue kept pushing him away so he got the hell out of dodge and went to someone else who appreciate his company and kept it plutonic. Kitty was no fool, she also saw what's going on. She knew that Bobby was going thru some shit and they used each other as comfort blankets to get by until Rogue could come back acting right.

That is the problem with Bryan Singer he has his head up his ass so much that he doesn't realize with the changes he makes really messes up a movie. If had just stuck with Kitty and Colossus romance in the first two and bump Rogue and iceman trying to do something, the poor girl wouldnt get heat she doesn't deserve at all.   

One more thing I do think the chick who played Kitty in the first movie was more attractive than one from 2nd one and Ellen Page. I like Ellen Page and I think she is sort of attractive but I feel they should have stuck with the first one. That's just me.

rachelremedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rachelremedy
    @FortressoftheMoon said:
    "Kitty didn't look over to Bobby and be like "oooh this might our first and last mission togther. i wish i would have kissed you on the frozen water fountain. I just want you to know I-I-I love you. Kiss me! Nom nom nom"
    Epic. xD
    KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KZR

I liked her as Kitty Pryde. 

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By frogjitsu
    @FortressoftheMoon:   Yeah, I wished they gave her more screen time.  She was one of the few highlights of the film.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By IrishX
    @FortressoftheMoon:
    Nice. 

I also liked her playing the role of Kitty.
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The WeatherMan

Ellen Page is gorgeous. She fit the role, but was in a crappy movie.

eter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By eter

Ellen Page as Kitty was really amazing.
    Mr.Mackit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mr.Mackit

That girl who did the brief Jubilee role in the first film was pretty hot.

Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Overkill

Hate? She was the best thing in that crappy movie.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By craigbo180

Agreed. It was good casting.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " it's not the actress or the performance that people hate.  It's the role. "
    This
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I've never heard anyone say they hated Ellen Page as Kitty.

I enjoyed here.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Kairan1979

I liked her as Kitty Pryde. Especially the whole Juggernaut chase.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " I've never heard anyone say they hated Ellen Page as Kitty.
    I enjoyed here.
    "
    I'd go one further.
    I've never heard anyone say they hated Ellen Page as anything.
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Aiden Cross

I didn't like her, but I didn't dislike her either.

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sputnik

i think she was really pretty good. you know, the kick ass but still fun type of girl.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said: 

I enjoyed here.
    "
    I'd go one further. 
    agreed, seriously how CAN you hate her??
    Pepsiguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pepsiguy2

@FortressoftheMoon said:

I didn't have a problem with Ellen Page as Shadowcat . hell I was pissed they didnt go more in depth with her character.  

Oh yeah i was one of the people who didn't think she was stealing Rogue's boyfriend. Bobby keeps coming in her face asking to do this and that. Kitty just took it as Bobby was being a friend. If anyone paid attention you can see that she was looking as Bobby like an older brother she never had. Most of the time in movie Kitty was just hanging out and going with the flow. Close to the end in the blackbird when everyone was getting for the mission, Kitty was just sitting there thinking about not messing up. Hell Kitty nor Bobby didnt even sit together. Kitty didn't look over to Bobby and be like "oooh this might our first and last mission togther. i wish i would have kissed you on the frozen water fountain. I just want you to know I-I-I love you. Kiss me! Nom nom nom"

Rogue was just being a jealous ass making things complicated. To be honest I didn't really see Bobby do anything wrong. he was trying to be the good boyfriend but Rogue kept pushing him away so he got the hell out of dodge and went to someone else who appreciate his company and kept it plutonic. Kitty was no fool, she also saw what's going on.

Dude, you are amazing. I love you now.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Kairan1979
    @FortressoftheMoon said:
    Rogue was just being a jealous ass making things complicated. To be honest I didn't really see Bobby do anything wrong. he was trying to be the good boyfriend but Rogue kept pushing him away so he got the hell out of dodge and went to someone else who appreciate his company and kept it plutonic. Kitty was no fool, she also saw what's going on. She knew that Bobby was going thru some shit and they used each other as comfort blankets to get by until Rogue could come back acting right.
    I agree.
    Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By Samimista

I liked her she did a good job playing Kitty.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By jubilee042

@xerox_kitty said:

People don't like change... but worse yet, people don't like it when another girl steals Rogue's boyfriend ;) I genuinely think it's not the actress or the performance that people hate. It's the role.

what she said

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Timandm

@FortressoftheMoon said:

I didn't have a problem with Ellen Page as Shadowcat . hell I was pissed they didnt go more in depth with her character.

Oh yeah i was one of the people who didn't think she was stealing Rogue's boyfriend. Bobby keeps coming in her face asking to do this and that. Kitty just took it as Bobby was being a friend. If anyone paid attention you can see that she was looking as Bobby like an older brother she never had. Most of the time in movie Kitty was just hanging out and going with the flow. Close to the end in the blackbird when everyone was getting for the mission, Kitty was just sitting there thinking about not messing up. Hell Kitty nor Bobby didnt even sit together. Kitty didn't look over to Bobby and be like "oooh this might our first and last mission togther. i wish i would have kissed you on the frozen water fountain. I just want you to know I-I-I love you. Kiss me! Nom nom nom"

Rogue was just being a jealous ass making things complicated. To be honest I didn't really see Bobby do anything wrong. he was trying to be the good boyfriend but Rogue kept pushing him away so he got the hell out of dodge and went to someone else who appreciate his company and kept it plutonic. Kitty was no fool, she also saw what's going on. She knew that Bobby was going thru some shit and they used each other as comfort blankets to get by until Rogue could come back acting right.

That is the problem with Bryan Singer he has his head up his ass so much that he doesn't realize with the changes he makes really messes up a movie. If had just stuck with Kitty and Colossus romance in the first two and bump Rogue and iceman trying to do something, the poor girl wouldnt get heat she doesn't deserve at all.

One more thing I do think the chick who played Kitty in the first movie was more attractive than one from 2nd one and Ellen Page. I like Ellen Page and I think she is sort of attractive but I feel they should have stuck with the first one. That's just me.

I know you made this comment five months ago but this is the first time I've seen it... so...

I'm guessing you haven't seen the 'extended' version of the movie where Bobby and Kitty kiss? Out on the ice...

I agree with you about sticking with the first actress. I think Ellen Page is great, I just don't think she'd played Kitty right... Kitty is supposed to be a genius (literally), and is just very different then what Ellen Page portrayed. But to be fair, Kitty (Ellen) really didn't get much air time to develop the character...

fifichiapet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fifichiapet

Rouge fans had more to be upset about--primarily for the fact that the movie version didn't do justice to the character at all. She was horribley miscast and conceptualized since the first movie.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Timandm said:

@FortressoftheMoon said:

I didn't have a problem with Ellen Page as Shadowcat . hell I was pissed they didnt go more in depth with her character.

Oh yeah i was one of the people who didn't think she was stealing Rogue's boyfriend. Bobby keeps coming in her face asking to do this and that. Kitty just took it as Bobby was being a friend. If anyone paid attention you can see that she was looking as Bobby like an older brother she never had. Most of the time in movie Kitty was just hanging out and going with the flow. Close to the end in the blackbird when everyone was getting for the mission, Kitty was just sitting there thinking about not messing up. Hell Kitty nor Bobby didnt even sit together. Kitty didn't look over to Bobby and be like "oooh this might our first and last mission togther. i wish i would have kissed you on the frozen water fountain. I just want you to know I-I-I love you. Kiss me! Nom nom nom"

Rogue was just being a jealous ass making things complicated. To be honest I didn't really see Bobby do anything wrong. he was trying to be the good boyfriend but Rogue kept pushing him away so he got the hell out of dodge and went to someone else who appreciate his company and kept it plutonic. Kitty was no fool, she also saw what's going on. She knew that Bobby was going thru some shit and they used each other as comfort blankets to get by until Rogue could come back acting right.

That is the problem with Bryan Singer he has his head up his ass so much that he doesn't realize with the changes he makes really messes up a movie. If had just stuck with Kitty and Colossus romance in the first two and bump Rogue and iceman trying to do something, the poor girl wouldnt get heat she doesn't deserve at all.

I know you made this comment five months ago but this is the first time I've seen it... so...

I'm guessing you haven't seen the 'extended' version of the movie where Bobby and Kitty kiss? Out on the ice...

I agree with you about sticking with the first actress. I think Ellen Page is great, I just don't think she'd played Kitty right... Kitty is supposed to be a genius (literally), and is just very different then what Ellen Page portrayed. But to be fair, Kitty (Ellen) really didn't get much air time to develop the character...

An extended cut? When was that put out? Far as I understand Ratner said that the theatrical version was the only one. I have heard that there are extra scenese but unconfirmed, Like after the Professor and Moria scene at the end credits,  Cyclops is also found unconscious in some ragtag hospital then he open his eyes and the screen goes red.  

valencourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By valencourt

Ellen Page - an amazing actress playing Kitty Pryde - an amazing character.

What's not to love?!

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Soulstealer

@joshmightbe said:

She just had the misfortune to be in Xmen 3

Agreed. T_T

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#39  Edited By Joygirl

Jubilee was in the first movie? Pics? And I didn't hate EP... didn't like her either though, she seemed a bit bland. I'm used to Kitty Pryde being a little more bubbly.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

She was awesome.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kidchipotle

@The Stegman said:

@FadeToBlackBolt:

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

I enjoyed here.
    "
    I'd go one further.
    agreed, seriously how CAN you hate her??

This wins the thread

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ellen Page>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By X35

I was talking about this with another user i really liked page as kitty. i thought she kinda worked well as Kitty. whenever i read kitty i always heard a voice like that. Kitty's the kinda dorky girl who can also dish out total sass and I think that's why page just fits the mold for kitty. she's one of those girls who's adorable and really pretty in that respect but not straight-on pretty, she's like the ultimate dorky girl next door.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Gambit1024

I love Ellen Page and I love Kitty. Anybody who has a problem with it should burn.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xmenfallen

yah i agree it was her role. not the actress was wrong..... ellen was wonderful

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By a0040pc

I thought she did well as Kitty Pryde. But personally I would have actually prefered to see Summer Glau as Kitty Pryde (She actually did audition for the role). One thing I would have liked about Summer Glau playing Kitty was that she was closer to the character's actually height and build. Kitty Pryde is around 5'6 and has Black belt fighting skills, Summer Glau is roughly that height (I believe she's a little taller) and as seen in Firefly and Terminator she can kick ass as well. Ellen Page is only 5'1 and I doubt she could really fight.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I do not think Ellen Page did a bad job, I just think the script didn't work with the character

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#48  Edited By x_29

Not hate, but disappointment within the script for her character in the movie.

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sputnik

page rocked kitty. one of the few good things in the last movie, honestly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I love Ellen Page but I don't even remember her as Kitty.Jean Grey was pretty much the only thing I remember from that god awful film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.