Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Shadowcat

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I don't get why this page isn't called Shadowcat.

Anyone very much against changing it?

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Constantine

no....I think the page should be called shadowcat as thats her superhero name....wolverines page isn't james howlet etc.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Does she even go by that anymore? I haven't seen it since she first quit (then later turned up in Extreme X-Men). Also then her early appearances in Uncanny X-Man (when she was Sprite) will list Shadowcat. I don't get why characters can't keep one name. I would almost think that most newer readers might not know her by that name as much as Kitty Pryde. But we can see how others feel.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

dont bother me none, i call her Shadowcat whenever i reference her. i dont normally say Kitty Pryde unless saying the relation between her and Colossus.

So go ahead fesak

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

What is she going by in Astonishing? I haven't kept up.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Constantine

dunno

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

fesak says:

"What is she going by in Astonishing? I haven't kept up."

Like I said, I can't really remember the last time I saw Shadowcat used. Maybe it has. I just don't remember anyone referring to her by that. Seems it's always Kitty.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

On the other hand they don't refer to Wolverine as Wolverine very often either.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

fesak says:

"What is she going by in Astonishing? I haven't kept up."

she was in Astonishing but isnt she dead now?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zero edge

She doesn't go by Shadowcat anymore, just Kitty or Katya. I think she might have stopped using her code name after that blow up with Professor X, I forget.

On the Wolverine thing, plenty of people call him Wolverine (he's in a billion teams so there are people who don't know his real name), usually it's just the people close to him that call him Logan.

Also all her mini-series are named "Kitty Pryde" and not "Shadowcat."

Post" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/6000/5785/5785-42797-1-pryde-and-wisdom_400.jpg

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

zero edge says:

"She doesn't go by Shadowcat anymore, just Kitty or Katya. I think she might have stopped using her code name after that blow up with Professor X, I forget.On the Wolverine thing, plenty of people call him Wolverine (he's in a billion teams so there are people who don't know his real name), usually it's just the people close to him that call him Logan.Also all her mini-series are named "Kitty Pryde" and not "Shadowcat."
    Post" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/6000/5785/5785-42797-1-pryde-and-wisdom_400.jpg

Thanks for that, my memory somehow remembers those titles as Shadowcat instead of Kitty. We'll leave it then.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By John_Feaster
    fesak said:
    I don't get why this page isn't called Shadowcat.Anyone very much against changing it?

My best guys is that Kitty Pryde has reached that magical level of fame occupied by Hank Pym. That is to say, she's now better known by her regular name than by any superheroic "nom d plume". Just as we think Hank Pym as opposed to Ant-Man, Giantman, Goliath and Yellowjacket, we tend to think Kitty Pryde as opposed to Sprite, Ariel or Shadowcat.

The difference between the two of them is that all of Hank's former identities have been adopted by others, and his current identity (The Wasp) is taken from another. Hank Pym is now his only unique identity.

But Kitty remains just as she is. Nobody else has taken up one of her old costumes and run with it. Kitty is unique in that she'd always Kitty first ;>)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

Hank Pym?  I'd say she's more like Jean Grey.  When the writers couldn't think of a codename for her since Marvel Girl was hideously outdated & lame, and she wasn't Phoenix at that time... I mean, she was the only one of the X-Men who didn't have a codename in the 90's animated series :p

I hope they don't go back to Ariel to fit in with the Days of Future Past.  But then again, she's actively said she prefers 'Kitty' to 'Kate'.

When writing histories or issue plots, I'll refer to her as she was known at that time. 

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By John_Feaster
    xerox_kitty said:
    Hank Pym?  I'd say she's more like Jean Grey.  When the writers couldn't think of a codename for her since ... [more]

I must agree. You know, I'm very disapointed in myself. I should have thought of the Jean Grey comparison on my own. I tip my hat to you, xerox-kitty ;>)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.