Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6444 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Off My Mind: Kitty's Return, Will She Be Pissed?

• 88 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Kitty Pryde is finally returning to the pages of Uncanny X-Men #522 on March 24. Actually, if you read Uncanny #521, you saw her on the last page. She's definitely on her way back. Kitty hasn't been seen since Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men, which was released on May 29, 2008. What has she been doing all this time? She's been stuck in space in that giant magic bullet.

If you look at the cover (to the left) for Uncanny #522, I'd say Kitty looks a little pissed. Also if you watched the trailer for The Return Of Kitty Pryde, the music cranks up towards the end. While it may be unclear how much time has passed in the Marvel Universe, she's been gone for some time. She's missed out on Secret Invasion and Dark Reign. What will she think that the X-Men haven't done a single thing to attempt to rescue her? In our interview with Matt Fraction over Kitty's return, he said:

Kitty's isn't back because we wanted a stunt; she's back for a reason, and now that she's back, her role in the X-verse will be vital and, I hope, stunning.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    How is Kitty coming back? In case you haven't read Uncanny #521 yet, I'm going to just spill the beans now (the issue's been out since February 17). Kitty will be returning thanks to the efforts of Magneto, of all people. How is it that Magneto will be able to do what the X-Men couldn't? Sure, there's still the question of how Kitty will separate herself from that giant magic bullet safely without destroying Earth (I hope Magneto considered that part). 

The return of Kitty could change things. It will be interesting to see what this means for the X-Men golden boy, Scott Summers. Magneto claims he wants to earn Scott's and the X-Men's trust. But will this act serve to undermine Scott's authority and leadership? Kitty (and Colossus) will owe Magneto big time after this. If Magneto does what Scott, and the other X-Men couldn't do, what will that say about the leadership of the X-Men?

What do you think? Is Kitty going to be pissed? Will Magneto's (hopefully) successful plan work for him and against Cyclops? Are Magneto's intentions truly noble? What will Kitty's role be in Second Coming? What's going to happen to that magic bullet when it approaches Earth?
    Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Queen's Halo

I only hope that Kitty doesn't become a villain.

Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Fresh0133

Well, one would imagine months and months of solitude would leave one more than a little disturbed, I doubt she'll be angry, but she might wind up having some pretty major mental issues that might not show up right away.  I also expect her powers to be more developed, i.e. rather than just phasing possibly being able to control density similar to Vision but on a larger scale.  Keeping a planet killing bullet phased for that long has got to do something to improve them, that's my guess any way.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By warlock360
    @Queen's Halo said:
    " I only hope that Kitty doesn't become a villain. "
    if so, I wouldn't be able to take her serious... XD
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Thunderscream

i didn't realize they stored food rations in the bullet, but i guess being "fused" to the bullet (which never made sense to me) made the necessity of sustenance inapplicable. i'm psyched to see her back....maybe this does divide the team... I'm beginning to see a cool lineup forming behind Magneto, Rogue with Kitty, Colossus, Psylocke and Archangel

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warlock360

If your intangible you dont really need food to survive now do you

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bobby X

Wow, I might ACTUALLY start reading Uncanny again now... 
    This looks very cool and Kitty has always been my fav X-heroine. This certainly seems like one hell of a way for Mags to earn the trust of the X-men.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

MAGNETO?!  Lame!   

She's been stuck in that bullet for a couple of years.  All that time without air, food, water or access to soap or a toilet... Not to mention, at the speed that thing was travelling at, she's going to be AT LEAST a dozen galaxies away.   

I know this is comics, and that stupid things happen all the time, but this is too much.  It's bad.  That Magneto can reach across the Universe and pull a planet sized bullet back?  As if!  As fans, we've all thought of dozens of more credible & plausible possibilities than this.   

Is it me, or has Matt Fraction found yet another new favourite?  If it's not Cyclops, it's Magneto... this sucks!
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
     While I'm not a Magneto fan. It seems pretty plausible that of anyone it would be him that could control some giant metal bullet. When the original incident happened, Magneto didn't have his powers.

I just don't see how it could under mind Cyclop's leadership. Sure, magneto will be popular, but how was Cyclops expected to do what so many others such as Doctor Strange told him they couldn't. He also had Norman breathing down their neck. He's been pretty busy trying to keep mutants out of some prison.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warlock360
    @xerox-kitty said:

" MAGNETO?!  Lame!    She's been stuck in that bullet for a couple of years.  All that time without air, food, water or access to soap or a toilet... Not to mention, at the speed that thing was travelling at, she's going to be AT LEAST a dozen galaxies away.    I know this is comics, and that stupid things happen all the time, but this is too much.  It's bad.  That Magneto can reach across the Universe and pull a planet sized bullet back?  As if!  As fans, we've all thought of dozens of more credible & plausible possibilities than this.    Is it me, or has Matt Fraction found yet another new favourite?  If it's not Cyclops, it's Magneto... this sucks! "

Magneto can travel through the electromagnetic spectrum , even in space. His awareness is able to travel at the speed of light if concentrated. Kitty survived because she's intangible, you dont need food when your intagible...
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360

Plus, it's in space and in Zero gravity... size doesn't matter.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cmaprice
    @xerox-kitty: 
    I believe Marvel (unofficially) moves at 1/4 our time. So, if she was lost at some point at the end of Civil War, She's been gone for just over a year (an issue of Thor claiming to be the 1-year anniversary of Cap's death confuses things a bit)? That's a long time, but Kitty demonstrated a rather huge evolution in her powers. If she's been in her phased state this whole time, with how her powers have become much more intense, she may not (well, kind of goes without saying as she's still alive) need air, food or water. Remember when she was phasing away into nothingness? She didn't seem to need those things at that point.

*shrug* Who knows. Maybe Fraction will explain.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

again, good. i hated the whole bullet thing. i'm glad its over either way.
    after shes back i hope Mags chucks that silly thing into the center of the sun.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By warlock360

he'll built genosha up with it again and make it a weaponairy fortress... or the likes...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Erik
    @Voidheart said:
    " Plus, it's in space and in Zero gravity... size doesn't matter. "
    Yes it does. Volume and mass still very much matter in the vacuum of space. You do not see astronauts pushing around their own ships when they are going for a space walk do you?
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @erik:  They do not do that due to the fact that they are unable to exert any force if not on the ship or planet. WIthout one force, can't propel an object. Weight does not exist in space due to the formula w=mg and there is no gravity, so no weight.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By warlock360
    @erik said:
    " @Voidheart said:
    Yes it does. Volume and mass still very much matter in the vacuum of space. You do not see astronauts pushing around their own ships when they are going for a space walk do you? "
    in relativity to the mass it does.

what i meant was, take a black hole for instance, as big as a wallnut or smaller, and yet so much more. now take an air balloon and tell me then, that size matters.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " @erik:  They do not do that due to the fact that they are unable to exert any force if not on the ship or planet. WIthout one force, can't propel an object. Weight does not exist in space due to the formula w=mg and there is no gravity, so no weight. "
    That does not matter. A person could not push his space ship if he were in a controlled environment and had something to push off of either. The ship still has mass and it is a great deal more mass than human strength can overcome. By your logic, if I came across a planet in space that had no gravity (obviously highly improbable), I could park my space ship right next to it, stand on the space ship and push the planet around like a beach ball. 
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warlock360

Mass doesnt relate to size, and a planet has it's own gravity field and Mass.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik
    @Voidheart said:
    " Mass doesnt relate to size, and a planet has it's own gravity field and Mass. "
    You think I do not know that?
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By warlock360
    @erik said:
    " @Voidheart said:
    Yes it does.
    xD
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik
    @Voidheart said:
    " @erik said:
    " @Voidheart said:
    Yes it does.
    xD "
    Lol.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warlock360

sorry if i got you wrong^^

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kind of moot since Mags didnt push it. He manipulated the EMS connected to a 
    ferrous object. so the physics are perfectly acceptable. (though Dr.Strange, Beast, X-Club,
    Mr.Fantastic, Sentry and all of their friends not being able to figure out a similar solution
    sort of isn't...then again Kitty needed a dramatic sacrifice to make the issue a "wow" and up Kitty's
    superhero status so...). this isn't anything he hasn't actually done before, and fact he's done better. i would say considering the strain he was under its evident he either didn't get his powers back in full,
    or doesn't yet.

seriously the bullet sucks. they should have just printed ACME along the side of it,
    made it a giant pinball launched by a cosmic flipper complete with the word TILT written
    with stars. lol.

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @erik:  No, cause then gravity would take into affect. They could move it if they applied enough force at the right angle.  
    Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dex

I bet 50 bucks shes a skrull

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ravn

I think the whole thing with Kitty's return is a front! I think the important thing is the bullet! XD

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By sora_thekey
    @xerox-kitty:
    @FoxxFireArt: Supposedly Kitty can only maintain he tangible form as long as she can hold her breath... but what I'm thinking here is, what if her powers evolved? 

She could now (somwhat like Ultimate Reed Richards) not have the need to do any normal human ability... (bathroom, food, water etc..) 
    What really intrests me is what was going on in her mind during all the time she was there all alone... I couldn't come up with much than a sense of loneliness.. 

There's also the possibliity she comes back crazy, so long with oneself and no human contact could do that to you... 

Also... (and this is just an idea being thrown in the air) She'scommingback right before Second Comming... Could she be the Messiah rather than Hope?

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry, couldn't resist it...

No Caption Provided

Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pez85

I'm going to get this out of the way. Every time I saw the words "magic bullet", all I could think of was that god aweful commercial for the Magic Bullet 

Right. Now that that's out of the way, I haven't really been following X-Men, but I think Magneto's intentions are noble. If he were still his same old self, then why bother bringing the bullet (with Kitty) back to earth? Personally, I think it's a refreshing change to have Magneto on the side of good for a change. There really wasn't much more than could've been done with him otherwise. 

I'm kinda disappointed that Kitty is going to be appearing in issue 522. Kitty's been travelling for god knows how long/far, and Magneto brings her back in a matter of....what? Hours? It would be better if she made her return around the time of the Second Coming storyline, just to keep readers guessing that perhaps she is the one that's coming for seconds.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg

Fraction, you idiot, that is not a starship. I might buy the issue where Kitty returns, but probably not. I get the feeling that Marvel doesn't really want me to read Uncanny anyway.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bio Guyver

I've always wondered. How did she survive inside a bullet without food and water?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By warlock360
    @Bio Guyver said:
    " I've always wondered. How did she survive inside a bullet without food and water? "
    shes intangible, doesn't burn / use anything and therefore doesn't need to refill anything.
    Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bio Guyver

I see.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LT1085
    @erik said:
    " @Voidheart said:
    " Mass doesnt relate to size, and a planet has it's own gravity field and Mass. "
    You think I do not know that? "
    In Voidhearts defense, and no direct offense to you; But for all he knows you could be a blundering imbecile. ANY knowledge is helpful to those that do not yet know it; Be it you, or anyone else reading this thread. I will make a safe assumption and say that neither of you are physicists and are both just spouting off things that you have heard other smart people say; Also it is a comic book. Chill the fuck out.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By warlock360

XD

dont worry we already finished that debate on the top ;> 

D-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By D-Dude

I think I get it. X-men Second Coming is probably about Kitty returning back to Earth but is seriously pissed off.  So she takes her anger out on Magneto. that's the on who will probably get killed, Magneto. But someone will have to take over the X-Men leadership. And yes. I hope it's gonna be Emma Frost. Everybody is sick of Cyclops's boy scout crap. So I'm hoping that this is all the right information for second coming.

crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @D-Dude:  No, not even close. Second Coming solicits have already been released and all about Hope.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38  Edited By Zoom

The joke is that Kitty starved years ago and that Magneto is really trying to shoot the entire planet so he's using the bullet that Kitty's cold dead body happens to be on.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By warlock360

dont think that she looks like she starved :>
     dont think that she looks like she starved :>
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I just wonder how she'll separate from the bullet..

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By warlock360

thats Mags job probably. Here are some examples how he can get her out of the bullet.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Voidheart: 
    lol. seriously he'll just make a big hole, and even close it if he feels.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By warlock360

yup, open it, make her tangable and set her free.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Korg

Why wouldn't he just create a wormhole for Kitty to step through? All that extra effort for the same effect...

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By warlock360

already thought about that

well, shes still in the bullet and opening a wormhole in front of them (if possible on that distance) brings the bullet with through in a speed not stoppable, would basically just go through the earth.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Korg
    @Voidheart said:
    " already thought about that   well, shes still in the bullet and opening a wormhole in front of them (if possible on that distance) brings the bullet with through in a speed not stoppable, would basically just go through the earth. "
    No, I mean open a wormhole on the inside of the bullet. This seems like a terribly obvious and easy way to get her out while hardly needing to interact with the bullet at all.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By warlock360

As i said, streaming towards the bullet is something different concentrated contact from within the bullet from lightyears away. 

you would have to do something like open a wormhole in a constantly moving object, of which magneto is not yet capable of. he needs a fixpoint. (got a scan showing that if you want it)

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that really does work though. i mean why didnt Reed or Dr.Strange just port inside of that thing
    and port her back out. oh yeah, because its the bullet thats impervious to every single thing...
    except now its not? gaaaaah, fraggin bullet!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By warlock360
    @Voidheart said:
    " thats Mags job probably. Here are some examples how he can get her out of the bullet.

"
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crimsonspider89

I guess it is immune to everything except Magnetism in general.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.