I like her character. Respect her here.

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/kittens/whatusay.jpg"

I said I like Kitty Pryde.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a kitty respect thread...

ok, bad joke, anyway, yeah, i really like Kitty as a character, she's one of my faves :D

M

#5 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"it was a kitty respect thread... ok, bad joke, anyway, yeah, i really like Kitty as a character, she's one of my faves :D M"

Oh...Kitty Respect thread. Sorry, I have a filter for bad jokes lol jk.

Anyway, Yeah, One of my faves too.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say, I'm a fan.

Maybe it's the way she went toe to toe with emma in astonishing

or how she befriended Illyana regardless of all that she [illyana] had gone through

Or that blue ensemble that she wore ages ago,

i like Katherine. 
#7 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty might be my favorite X-Person. She briefly appeared with Lockheed's head in Captain Britain and MI13 this week. It was a little sad.

#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Lockheed died?

#9 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Lockheed died?"
Not really. It was a little weird. It was a dream sequence, his head was mounted on the wall, John the Skrull was there too.
#10 Posted by King of Hearts 11987 (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is ok...I liked her better before Wolverine trained her though...

#11 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her better knowing the Wolverine style ass kicking skills. It makes her so tough, and yet she still has that "girl next door" appeal.

Oh, and here she is in Captain Britain and MI13 #7:

caption
caption
#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

has it ever been explained why she could see Illyana's Astral form, or wield the soul sword?

#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember liking Kitty at first because she had a pet dragon. Then the character grew on me more as I got to know more about her. Of course this was over a decade ago now..

#14 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I know, but according to the trivia thing I only know about 50% of all things comics related, so there's a chance it could've happened..

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Not that I know, but according to the trivia thing I only know about 50% of all things comics related, so there's a chance it could've happened.."
surely it's all the vertigo and Image bringing your score down. Nothing X-men related.
I'm dying to know, but i don't want to go look it up and spoil it for myself
#16 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty doesnt deserve to die or be taken out on the scene like that.
She should marry Peter Rasputin and have a family...X-Men characters need to evolve already and have their own lives outside their superhero business.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Kitty's dead. I think she'll show up in Infernus in december.

#18 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I think she's overrated to be honest.

Jubilee works fine thank you

#19 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio
Echoes said:
"Meh, I think she's overrated to be honest.

Jubilee works fine thank you"
I like 'em both. The Wolverine Rescue Squad.  :-D

The only problem is that they keep trying to rescue Wolverine for some reason.
#20 Posted by oobernerd98 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is one of my favorite characters.

#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I don't think Kitty's dead. I think she'll show up in Infernus in december."
i lied
#22 Posted by oobernerd98 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#23 Posted by Legacy_ (10520 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Kitty Pryde "die" after Messiah CompleX or before Messiah CompleX?

#24 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Closure said:
"Did Kitty Pryde "die" after Messiah CompleX or before Messiah CompleX?"
It's unclear because of the craptastic release schedule that Astonishing X-Men had, but she didn't appear in Messiah CompleX. I'd say it happened beforehand. 
#25 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Closure said:
"Did Kitty Pryde "die" after Messiah CompleX or before Messiah CompleX?"
It's unclear because of the craptastic release schedule that Astonishing X-Men had, but she didn't appear in Messiah CompleX. I'd say it happened beforehand. 
"
Between Blinded by the Light and Messiah Complex ie between X-Men #204 and #205.
#26 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos:
awww what a cute little kitty :)
#27 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

shell be back, fed up with the superhero biz, takes piotr with her, have a family -_-
#28 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

i love kitty for many reasons. first because she was the youngest at the time. so i identified with her as a kid. and second cause her power was cool. and she was just written really well by claremont. she had this spunk and intensity that i felt was right for a teenage girl. just an awesome awesome character. best x-man ever!
#29 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: 

@Korg: 
she died after, she was in atleast one new x-men portion. plus i recall something about exodus looking for the destiny diaries.

#30 Edited by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

'Who was he then, that we gather to mourn him? Who am I? A four-eyed, flat-chested, brat, chick, brain, Hebe, stuck-up Xavier's snob freak! Don't like the words? I could use nicer. I've heard worse. who here hasn't? So often, so casually, that maybe we've forgotten the power they have to hurt. Nigger, Spic, Wop, Slope, Faggot, Mutie -- The list is so long and so cruel. They're labels, put-downs. And they hurt. But usually we laugh it off or hit back -- with words of our own, or fists -- or we suffer in silence. No big deal, this is the rough edge of reality, right? Why make a fuss? Trouble was, when someone labeled Larry Bodine a "mutie", they hit home -- because he was. His power created beauty. That's it. He did with light and color what Mozart did with music. And he wanted nothing more than to be accepted by his peers, and possibly even liked -- and isn't that what any of us really want? To have friends, people to care for us? Not to be alone? If we're lucky we have someone to turn to.If we're to learn anything from Larry's death, it should be this... You want to know who I am? I'm Katherine Pryde. That's the only thing that matters. The rest are just labels"  

This is why she is one of my favorites

#31 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:
which issue is that in? i would love to read that story.
#32 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.