Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Hypothesis: Kitty Pryde won't be around to see 'Second Coming'.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Here's where I tell you what I think will happen in... well comics! 

On March 24th Kitty Pryde will finally come back to the X-Universe, which in my universe is translated as: 'all is well with the world again'. 

No Caption Provided
    Recap: In 2008, Joss Whedon and John Cassaday were the creative team that sent Kitty Pryde into orbit in the Giant-Size Astonishing X-Men One-Shot. As an attempt to save the world from a huge projectile. Kitty Pryde tried to tamper with it so the mechanism could be destroyed. She discovered that the projectile, that was intended to destory Earth , was actually a giant bullet. Kitty phased through it and then became fused with the alien bullet, she succeeded in saving Earth by phasing the bullet through the planet but she stayed stuck into an empty abyss in space, with no way out. 

What We Know Will Happen: The Marvel.com Catalog has this to say about Kitty's return: 

Will Kitty get out of the bullet?

UNCANNY X-MEN # 522

The Story:

She’s been gone for a long time, but she’s coming back. This isn’t a hoax. This isn’t a joke. KITTY PRYDE is back in this over-sized special issue of UNCANNY X-MEN. Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: Mar 24, 2010     

Hypothesis:

The plot summary of the issue says it's an 'over-sized special issue', so this means that this issue will have a lot of things going on. We know that Magneto is trying to redeem himself by bringing her home (EDIT: or undermine Scott for his failure in retrieve her), but her return doesn't exactly mean that she will be out of the bullet, does it? 

It might be a disappointment when we see Kitty's return, and yet not her 'stay'. She might not even be alive by the end of this 'over sized special issue'!. 

What brought me to this conclusion?: Did any of you read the Second Coming: Prepare free issue Marvel recently distributed? A lot didn't happen in the issue but there were a lot of hints of what might. Somebody named Roxie is filming and interviewing X-Men "for the record". 

3 panels in that issue got me thinking: 

1. When this Roxie character is interviewing Magneto, we get a zoom into this: 
    No Caption Provided
    Who is that under the sheet? 

2. When Cannonball is being interviewed we get a shot at this:  
    No Caption Provided
    Who is that there? 

3. When Roxie tries to interviewWolverine here's what he says: 
    No Caption Provided
    Who did he kill? 

Another thing that makes me think that Kitty Pryde might die, be in a comma, or not be freed from the bullet is this: 

No Caption Provided
    All Will Unite? and yet Kitty isn't in that picture! (and Deadpoolis?!?!)  
    EDIT: or it could be that she wasn't put there so her return wouldn't be spoiled. (as pointed out by FoxxFireArt)

So maybe Kitty Pryde won't be around to see 'Second Coming'.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right but we wont know until March 24th! 

Do you guys agree?  Do you think I'm wrong?

Hypothesis Outcome

Win!
    So she didn't die but she is stuck in a test tube now, and will not be involved in Second Coming
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

Deadpool has no reason for that "All will unite" thing... he isnt even technically a mutant. And he's an on/off X-man, at best.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sora_thekey
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Deadpool has no reason for that "All will unite" thing... he isnt even technically a mutant. And he's an on/off X-man, at best. "
    I guess I could live with Deadpool being there, if Kitty was there too!
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well, is Magneto trying to redeem himself, or undermine Scott's authority and leadership by pulling off what he could never do?  Though, I don't see how you could hold the blame over Scott. He doesn't have magnetic powers.

More likely, Kitty wasn't put on that cover to avoid spoiling. Both of those events are taking place in March. Notice that Kitty isn't returning until the tail end of March. When is the first of the Second Coming books arriving. That ad says March. These covers are made months in advance and it could just be that the artist didn't know about Kitty's return and was given a list of people to put on there.

I don't really like the sound of what Wolverine says in that clip you showed. That sounds all too familiar to the long debunked "I was only following orders" defense that has been shot down is pretty much every military court. Just because you are a soldier in a war. It's not license to then march off like a knight in the Crusades. One of the most hypocritical statements known to man came from that era, "Holy War".

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i dont see it there, sorry.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

Eeeep, a young lady certainly does die, but who is she?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora_thekey
    @FoxxFireArt: I understand that she would not appear in the promos so her return is not spoiled... You're right he could be undermining Scott, since the promo of "One Will Lead"! (Good points as always!)

@CATMANEXE: It's a hypothesis, I could be wrong!

@Illyana Rasputin: Yeah... I thought of any other X-Man who would die in this.... can't think of anyone but Kitty!
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @sora_thekey said:

" @FoxxFireArt: I understand that she would not appear in the promos so her return is not spoiled... You're right he could be undermining Scott, since the promo of "One Will Lead"! (Good points as always!)

@CATMANEXE: It's a hypothesis, I could be wrong!

@Illyana Rasputin: Yeah... I thought of any other X-Man who would die in this.... can't think of anyone but Kitty! "

I read the synopsis for X-Men: Second Coming: Revelations - Hellbound # 1, and it doesn't look good for Magik. 

"Fighting for the future of mutantkind, the X-Men are locked in battle with Bastion, staving off his forces even by sacrificing themselves. When Magik is gravely injured in battle, she instinctively flees to the sanctuary of Limbo... only to fall into the clutches of a longtime adversary hoping to wrest the powerful Soulsword—and control of Limbo—from her grasp. Now, a small team of X-Men venture in after her, but they are met only by unexpected peril: a horde of demons out for blood, Magik nowhere in sight, and a concealed evil walking amongst them."

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sora_thekey
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Didn't she already die?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By pixelized
    @Illyana Rasputin: I'll get behind Illyana dying if it means Amanda Sefton returns.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @pixelized said:

" @Illyana Rasputin: I'll get behind Illyana dying if it means Amanda Sefton returns. "

Really? I always thought Amanda was such a victim of circumstance, even during her stint as Magik.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Didn't she already die? "
    Everyone "dies" in comics at least once.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

So I'm not going to be able to go to the comic book store this week.... 
    but this issue is out... 

Was my hypothesis right?
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized
    @sora_thekey said:
    " So I'm not going to be able to go to the comic book store this week.... but this issue is out...   Was my hypothesis right? "
    She's out of the bullet and alive.
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

Sadly, I'm also starting to think Kitty has a skull and crossbones on her head. But I thought that if she died, she'd disintegrate because she's not exactly in a phased state, and who knows how well that chamber she's in works.
    But..I'm wondering, Shadowcat really doesn't know much about what's been going on, because she's been gone for a long time. And apparently this person died in something that had to do with the Messiah. But yeah, maybe it's someone else..who knows.

And for the Record: Roxie = Bling.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think it's her under the blanket.  If she died now, then it'd be because she couldn't keep her molecules together... literally drifting apart.  She can't seem to solidify herself at the moment, the same as after the Mutant Massacre.  That lasted for years, before she could pull herself together long enough for a hug.  Therefore it's someone else's (more solidified) body. 

I was under the impression that Cannonball was watching an operation, not a post mortem.  I'm also of the impression, that whoever Dr Kao is working on, that it's one of the New Mutants. 

Also, Wolverine is being non-gender specific when he refers to his 'friend'.  The 'she' in the next sentence is Hope, meaning 'Hope had better be worth losing the life of his friend'.  This actually leads me to believe it's Nightcrawler or Colossus.  But since Colossus has recently (ish) been resurrected, and Nightcrawler was pronounced 'dead' as recently as Necrosha (ie a couple of months ago) then I hope that's not the case. 

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Benzo

I hope they don't kill night crawler off! he is such a cool character! :( 
    and it's also upsetting to see that some of the new mutants might die as well....
    I've just got the team back together.. I don't want them to die! :(

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sora_thekey
    @KumoriKunoichi: Thanks... didn't know that was Roxy... the comic said Roxie... so ti confused me!

@xerox-kitty: Since I haven't read UXM #522, I don't know anything about the phasing thing... Although it makes sense for that to happen. Now just to make a point remember that my hypothesis was not that she would die, but she would not be a part of 'Second Coming'. I never said Cannonball was watching an autopsy, but wasn't Kitty in the New Mutants at the time? and yeah the whole friend is not gender specific, but it did bring the question of he killed... Collosus and Nightcrawler are both on the cover of the 'Second Coming'!

@Benzo: I don't think a new mutant will die... it's too soon to kill off re-revived characters
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

I just edited the Blog entry to say if my Hypothesis outcome will be a Win! or FAIL... in this case it was a Win!

^Read^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.