How old is Kitty Pryde now?

#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

She's in her mid-late 20s currently in the comics right? Because I know that the Marvel characters "age" & i was wondering if someone knew her age.

#2 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
At the 2000 Chicago Wizard World convention, someone asked Claremont to 
clarify Kitty's age, and he said: "She is what she is. She is below the 
legal age of drinking and always has been." That said, she could be 
18 but not 21, especially if Claremont was just referring to the 
American drinking age and not the British one (
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

She's 24.

#4 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

how'd you get that?

#5 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"She's 24."
when did they say that just wondering  out of  curiousity because isnt Colossus like dang near 30 or in his 30's
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"how'd you get that?"
She should actually be around 28...because she was born in the early 80's..she should be older than me and I am 22.So since comic years are alot slower than real years you cut it in half and you get 24.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Namor1987 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"She's 24."
when did they say that just wondering  out of  curiousity because isnt Colossus like dang near 30 or in his 30's"
Colossus is 33.
#8 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Namor1987 said:
"She's in her mid-late 20s currently in the comics right? Because I know that the Marvel characters "age" & i was wondering if someone knew her age."
the bottom line is that in a Marvel comic...age is meaningless...so why ask about her's? it will still leave everyone else's completely out of whack
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Namor1987 said:
"She's in her mid-late 20s currently in the comics right? Because I know that the Marvel characters "age" & i was wondering if someone knew her age."
the bottom line is that in a Marvel comic...age is meaningless...so why ask about her's? it will still leave everyone else's completely out of whack"
The man wants to know..jeez.
#10 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"how'd you get that?"
She should actually be around 28...because she was born in the early 80's..she should be older than me and I am 22.So since comic years are alot slower than real years you cut it in half and you get 24."
Sam Guthrie is only 22-ish and she should be older than him so i'll allow it
#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Namor1987 said:
the bottom line is that in a Marvel comic...age is meaningless...so why ask about her's? it will still leave everyone else's completely out of whack"
The man wants to know..jeez."
I was just saying, the reason he wanted to know was because it didn't comply with Colossus' age...and I was explaining ages aren't mean to coincide in the Marvel Universe
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Namor1987 said:
I was just saying, the reason he wanted to know was because it didn't comply with Colossus' age...and I was explaining ages aren't mean to coincide in the Marvel Universe"
Colossus isn't that much older than her..now if she was screwing Tony Stark..then that would be kinda a little worse.He's in his early 40's.
#13 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"how'd you get that?"
She should actually be around 28...because she was born in the early 80's..she should be older than me and I am 22.So since comic years are alot slower than real years you cut it in half and you get 24."
Sam Guthrie is only 22-ish and she should be older than him so i'll allow it"
Your right.
#14 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Namor1987 said:
I was just saying, the reason he wanted to know was because it didn't comply with Colossus' age...and I was explaining ages aren't mean to coincide in the Marvel Universe"
i did not ask about her age because of that but because i like to have alot of information to keep myself update to on all my favorite comic characters & also because a friend asked about her age (no offense & no disrespect intended) plus I thought Cannonball was like late 20s early 30s (maybe because the facial hair makes him look a few years older than his age in the comics) & Psylocke should be around 30 since she has a birthday
#15 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

In Uncanny...503 i believe, Cannonball held up his ID and it showed his Date of birth being some day in 87. It's on his page

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Namor1987 said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Vance Astro said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Namor1987 said:
i did not ask about her age because of that but because i like to have alot of information to keep myself update to on all my favorite comic characters & also because a friend asked about her age (no offense & no disrespect intended) plus I thought Cannonball was like late 20s early 30s (maybe because the facial hair makes him look a few years older than his age in the comics) & Psylocke should be around 30 since she has a birthday"
As far as Psylocke is concerned she should actually be almost 40 but if you take into account when she switched bodies she is in her early 30's.
#17 Posted by Kisivi (3 posts) - - Show Bio

No Sam Guthrie is older then Kitty. It was stated in 

#18 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"how'd you get that?"
Sam Guthrie is only 22-ish and she should be older than him so i'll allow it"
21 I think. Born 1987
#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh which version of Psylcoke is more attractive? The new one or the old?

#20 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio

this age thing always did mess me up =/

Lantern Prime said:

"Eh which version of Psylcoke is more attractive? The new one or the old?"

i say new
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

She's 21 - 22.

Collosus is not 33, he's like 28.

#22 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

How old was she in her debut? 14?
And it's been 28 real-life years since her debut which adds 8 years, so she should be 22.
The official formula is add one year for 3,5 real-life years. Seems to work for most characters.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"How old was she in her debut? 14?
And it's been 28 real-life years since her debut which adds 8 years, so she should be 22.
The official formula is add one year for 3,5 real-life years. Seems to work for most characters."
The Power Pack should all be grown up as well.They debuted the year before I was born and they are still pre-teens and i'm 22.
#24 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
The official formula is add one year for 3,5 real-life years. Seems to work for most characters."
The Power Pack should all be grown up as well.They debuted the year before I was born and they are still pre-teens and i'm 22."

They are, but only Julie has been seen lately. The Power Pack minis where they are kids is set in an alternate reality.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
The Power Pack should all be grown up as well.They debuted the year before I was born and they are still pre-teens and i'm 22."

They are, but only Julie has been seen lately. The Power Pack minis where they are kids is set in an alternate reality."
Power Pack vs. The Skrulls is another reality?
#26 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:

They are, but only Julie has been seen lately. The Power Pack minis where they are kids is set in an alternate reality."
Power Pack vs. The Skrulls is another reality?"

Yeah, all those minis is set in Earth-5631.
The vs. Skrulls one is obviously made to capitalize on Secret invasion.
#27 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Power Pack set in an Alternate Reality during Civil War?

#28 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

All Power Pack comics by Gurihiru is set in Earth-5631.

#29 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"All Power Pack comics by Gurihiru is set in Earth-5631."
Oh ok..so then what happened to the 616-Power Pack?
#30 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Sovereign Vance said:
"fesak said:
"All Power Pack comics by Gurihiru is set in Earth-5631."
Oh ok..so then what happened to the 616-Power Pack?"

Not much. Julie was in Loners. The others might also have been seen in some issue.
#31 Posted by Glamour (789 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the deal with Powerpax? is she just an AR sibling?

caption
#32 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Glamour said:
"What's the deal with Powerpax? is she just an AR sibling?

caption
"

She is the alternate reality daughter of one of the Power Packers, unknown which. She is from the Shattershot reality which hasn't got an official earth-designation yet.
#33 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"At the 2000 Chicago Wizard World convention, someone asked Claremont to 
"
but yet she's a teacher?
#34 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't one of them also show up with Excelsior?

She looked at least 17.

#35 Edited by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Constantine said:
"pixelized said:
"
but yet she's a teacher?"
She is wassn't that in House of M?
#36 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Didn't one of them also show up with Excelsior?

She looked at least 17."

Yes, Excelsior is Loners. Turned out someone had copyright on the name Excelsior.
#37 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
"Constantine said:
"pixelized said:
"
but yet she's a teacher?"
She is wassn't that in House of M?"
Wasn't she one in Astonishing as well?
#38 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Zoom said:
"Didn't one of them also show up with Excelsior?

She looked at least 17."

Yes, Excelsior is Loners. Turned out someone had copyright on the name Excelsior."
Oh, okay.  Cool.
#39 Edited by Shatterstar (4462 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"In Uncanny...503 i believe, Cannonball held up his ID and it showed his Date of birth being some day in 87. It's on his page"
Despite his first appearance in a comic being 1982... spectacular!

The correct answer to how old a character is....don't ask. Otherwise known as however old the creative team wants.
#40 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

The official formula is add one year for every 3,5 real-life years.

#41 Posted by Shatterstar (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

So if Cannonball was born in 1987 that would make him... 5?

Or the 1987 date will continuously change?

#42 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

he was born in 87, but he was 16, i think, in the start of new mutants

#43 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"So if Cannonball was born in 1987 that would make him... 5?

Or the 1987 date will continuously change?

"

The age he was when first appeared + (number of years since first appearance / 3,5)
For example:
Kitty Pryde 13 + (28 / 3,5) = 21
Franklin Richards 0 + (40 / 3,5)  = 11,4 years

I don't know how old Cannonball was when he first appeared, but if he was 14, which seems reasonable he would be 22 today.
This formula automatically changes the date of birth of characters, and works on pretty much all characters. An exception is that those very much tied in to an historical event such as Magneto or Captain America doesn't get their birth date changed. For most others they usually as you may know change the events (Iron Man, Punisher) to fit in with new birth dates.
#44 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio

From what the comics actually say, I think Kitty is about 18 or 19. Though she SHOULD be atleast 21 by now. But, Marvel Time is erratic and often dodges around characters who are more popular. Consider how errati Power Packs age are, and how Franklin Richards still seems like he's 6 half the time.

Still, we all need reasons why this happens, so...I'm going to suggest that Julie Power (10 when she first appeared) is closer to 15 than the 17 or 18 she's said to be durring the Civil War. The reason could be that her costume (which lacks a mask, but creates the illusion of different features to protect her identity) simply made her LOOK older.

Kitty's younger appearance could be the result of all the dimentional hopping and time travel she did when she was in Excalibur. She should be 21 (the age Pete Wisdom thought she was when he was dating her) but biologicly, she still looks 18.

Hmmm...she was 13 and 1/2 when she first appeared in '78...but she turned 14 in '82 (on the Starjammers ship, I think. She was infected by the Brood at the time) and she's mentioned as having just turned 16 in an issue of Excalibur from 1990.

#45 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok think of it this way, all Marvel characters that wasnt in Power Pack is now in there mid/early 20s to there late 30s/early forties. Depending on what Punisher you read the ages can get even older.

#46 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"pixelized said:
"In Uncanny...503 i believe, Cannonball held up his ID and it showed his Date of birth being some day in 87. It's on his page"
Despite his first appearance in a comic being 1982... spectacular!

The correct answer to how old a character is....don't ask. Otherwise known as however old the creative team wants."
Agreed...

X-Force number 37.  Sam tells Saul & the other Externals "I'm only twenty years old".  That was in 1994... It's taken poor Sam 14 years to age 1 year!?!
The Pryde & Wisdom mini series was published in 1996.  Kitty was still considerably younger than Peter Wisdom, but old enough for a sexual relation with a man presumably 10 to 15 years older than her.  Yet she's meant to be only just of legal drinking age now?!

It's best not to think about the failings of writers to keep up with something as basic as character history.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.