Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Her current state of being...

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992

Just a thought....
    Could her current state of being (her stuck in intangible form) be a secondary mutantion!?!?!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It isn't secondary as phasing is her mutation.  She's been stuck in her phased form before now.  She just needs time to strengthen the bonds between her molecules so she wont be a permanent ghost.  

It's pretty lame writing, to put her through this yet again.  The last time in publishing terms was over 20 years ago... but in-continuity, that was just over 4 years ago for the character.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Generally secondary mutations are meant to be helpful, and non related to the primary ability... but of course secondary mutations are plot related and so is her current state ^_~

@xerox-kitty said:
    " It's pretty lame writing, to put her through this yet again.  The last time in publishing terms was over 20 years ago... but in-continuity, that was just over 4 years ago for the character."

Now they covered this in one of the Protect and Serve stories, it was well written, so is that good? Or is that story bad because it was Fantastic Four trying to help, but not being able to? Just the fact that no character, Kitty, Colossus, Reed, Sue refereed to what happened last time as well? Even in passing, or as a matter of coincidence, or maybe why Reed can't help now, when he could "4 years ago" after supposedly becoming an expert in phased molecules. Maybe that was off panel... I was half expecting Reed to decline helping this time as well lol Where's Doom when you need him? He'd be able to get Kitty out of this situation... 

Hey though, if in 20 years, real time, time... there is a story Kitty gets stuck in a phased state again, and goes to the FF4 for help again, and they don't mention the first time or second time this had happened... I'll send you and papad1992 10 Marvel or DC Hardcover TPB's of any books you might be missing. ^_~
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By papad1992

@xerox-kitty:

I was just thinking that maybe with the current stroy thats happening right now in Uncanny including Kitty, Colossus and Breakworld that maybe Kitty will develop an additional new set of powers!! Maybe she's evolving and she's only in the development stage. Again these are just my thoughts speaking, but it could happen!! I wouldn't know what her powers would evolve into but I'll leave that to Marvel.
    @SC:
    Awesome thoughts. But I only heard of Kitty losing control once but I never read it so I couldn't tell u my views on it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @papad1992:  Oh its a pretty cool story. I will look around for some rough scans of it. I love that era of Uncanny X-Men! 

Kitty for me is one of those characters that should be written smarter with her abilities/powers. I mean, she can float, fly? Take out electronics, essentially go invisible, phase herself, but other objects as well, and she has a bunch of H2H skills. She should be combining them more... I like your idea, I would worry about making her to overpowered though. 
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By papad1992

@SC:

I think writers nowadays are scared of focusing too much on her full abilities so instead they focus on her phasing abilities but even when they focus on that they don't bring it to its full potential (other than phasing a huge bullet through the earth and other planets.... which I think was ridiculous)!!! I mean the last time I remember her "climbing" on air was when she was in Excalibur!!

But yeah, I would love to see some scans of her first uncontrollable intangilbility!!

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I think it'd be cool if as a secondary power she would be able to posses people while intangible or become impenetrable and deflect powers(like the dude from Mutant X tv series)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By papad1992
    @EnSabahNurX:

Or somewhat like Jericho from the Teen Titans....
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @xerox-kitty
    @papad1992: 

so how does she have her powers corrected now? Who or what fixed her problem?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.