Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6444 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Any recent news on her?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

Or is she still just floating through space in the giant bullet?

I really can't bring myself to believe she's meant to be permanently gone. No writer would be stupid and suicidal enough to kill off a character who has been every teenage comic-loving boy's dream girl for the last 40 years.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

she's still dead. Read the Ultimate universe or watch Wolverine and the X-men if you want to see X-men anytime soon.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

she's just floating, as far as we know.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SUNMAN
    pixelized said:
    "she's just floating, as far as we know."
    by now she has run out of oxygen
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized

marvel time is slower, she may have escaped already.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SUNMAN

true

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    SUNMAN said:
    "she's still dead.

She hasn't died as far as we know.....
    bobbydr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bobbydr

I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a body, and even then, death is kind of a fluid concept in comic book universes.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Vindellavon

I highly doubt she's dead, it may take her awhile to make a comeback, but for now she's floating.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John_Feaster
    bobbydr said:
    I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a body, and even then, death is ... [more]

True. Right now, she might as well be Shrodingers Cat - which is to say, as she's out of sight and beyond our ability to observe or communicate with, we can't say with any certainty what she is.

Still...I do believe it's possible that Emma's dream - where she thought she could hear Kittys thoughts as she begged her to rescue her - might just be real.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

She's probably on Mars playing with NASA's "rover"

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Power NeXus
    John_Feaster said:
    bobbydr said: I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a body, and even then, ... [more]

If it wasn't real, then I don't see why the writers would have mentioned it at all. Unless it's just Emma's sub-concious feeling guilty for being an overbearing b!+ch to Kitty all those years.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    John_Feaster said:
    bobbydr said: I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a body, and even then, ... [more]
    I'm not completely up to date... what's this dream??
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John_Feaster
    xerox_kitty said:
    John_Feaster said: bobbydr said: I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a body, and ... [more]

Damn, I'm still looking for the issue! It was the Secret Invasion : Dark Reign #1 (you know...that first Get-To-Know-Us issue with the dark Illumi-whatever on the cover), and Emma frost is sleeping...and hearing this tiny voice, whispering "...thought you could...can't survive much...out of range...Emma...you'd save me...", while Emma moans "Kitty? Kitty!" entill she wakes screaming.

She has the same dream again at the end of the issue. It's possibly just a nightmare...but it's also possible that Emma - who was in telepathic contact with Kitty till the end - was hearing Kittys mental distress call. I feel that it's one of the reasons she's joined the Cabal is that Normans secret partner (the shadow glimpsed at the end of the issue) may be able to rescue Kitty.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    John_Feaster said:
    xerox_kitty said: John_Feaster said: bobbydr said: I don't consider a comic book character to be dead until I see a ... [more]

I actually thought the same thing.......
    She must be going along with it for that becase other than that Emma has no reason to be in the Cabal... and why would it even be mention in the Dark Reign comic book....
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sora_thekey

Maybe they are saving her for something big....

Or she's a surprise element at the end of War of Kings... She is in space after all!

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John_Feaster
    sora_thekey said:
    Maybe they are saving her for something big....Or she's a surprise element at the end of War of Kings... She ... [more]

In another thread I mention that in "Pet Avengers", Lockheed (who has only joined because he feels Kitty would have wanted him to) has just found the Time Gem from the Infinity Gauntlet. I was wondering if he'd be able to take Lockjaw and himself back in time, then have Lockjaw teleport into the Bullet to rescue her? 

Able, perhaps...but I'm guessing that if they rescue Kitty, it'll have a little fanfare before hand. I like the idea of Lockheed doing it, but Pet Avengers is just a side book.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sora_thekey
    John_Feaster said:
    sora_thekey said: Maybe they are saving her for something big....Or she's a surprise element at the end of War of ... [more]

Then again if the book ends on each pet keeping a gem that could lead to the story you're talking about!
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John_Feaster
    sora_thekey said:
    John_Feaster said: sora_thekey said: Maybe they are saving her for something big....Or she's a surprise element at the end of ... [more]

....hmmm...

That...is a very charming, interesting and (most of all) COOL idea ;>)
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John_Feaster: Thanks for the info.  I hope it's just a dream.  Of all the people in the world for Kitty to reach out to, Emma wouldn't be at the top of her list. 

And personally I don't think she should still be in the bullet.  There's plenty of other alien races out there who would have to deal with a planet sized bullet headed toards their planet.  At some point there'll have to be an alien race wth advanced technology enough to separate her from it... then it's just a case of getting her home.  Otherwise she'd run out of oxygen or even starve to death if she was still trapped in the bullet.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John_Feaster
    xerox_kitty said:
    @John_Feaster: Thanks for the info.  I hope it's just a dream.  Of all the people in the world for Kitty ... [more]

Ah, but at the end...Kitty and Emma had buried the hatchet as far as their old differences. Emma was VERY upset at Kittys loss, and was shown crying by herself afterward. In the end, they'd have considered each other friends. This is why Emma was so affected by the Kitty dream.

But...I have to agree with you about her not being in the bullet. I do believe she could have survived inside the bullet in special circumstances, but she could have been rescued from it at any time after it left the Earths solar system. For that matter, Illyana could teleport back in time (and ability she has) and rescue her, Lockheed and Lockjaw could do what I suggested, or ANY OF A HUNDRED BEINGS could rescue her. Vulcan could do it to use her as a pawn against the StarJammers. The Runner could rescue her as a matter of course. The Stranger could gather her as a subject of study. The Silver Surfer. The Guardians of the Galaxy. Heck, the list goes on forever, and anyone of them would work.

But...I'm hoping it's Lockheed ;>)
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Power NeXus
    John_Feaster said:
    xerox_kitty said: @John_Feaster: Thanks for the info.  I hope it's just a dream.  Of all the people in the world ... [more]

To hbe honest, I'm hoping it's not Lockheed. Being Kitty's little sidekick has pretty much defined his character ever since his creation. I'd really like to see him step away from Kitty and become more of his own character.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Power NeXus: 

Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his great intelligence - it makes HIM the hero and HER the little sidekick ;>)
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sora_thekey
    John_Feaster said:
    @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his great intelligence - it makes HIM ... [more]

Well not neceserally because then it would seem like: "awww her sicekick saved her"

It's like Robin saving Batman that doesn't make Batman Robin's sidekick......

But you're right Feasterthere's a million ways she could've been saved but yet no one has... why? Who knows!!!!
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Power NeXus
    John_Feaster said:
    @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his great intelligence - it makes HIM ... [more]

What would be really cool is if she somehow loses her powers and has to rely on him completely during fights.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sora_thekey
    Power NeXus said:
    John_Feaster said: @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his great intelligence - ... [more]

She knows hand to hand combact!!!
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John_Feaster
    Power NeXus said:
    John_Feaster said: @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his great intelligence - ... [more]

@Power NeXus said:
    "
    John_Feaster said:
    What would be really cool is if she somehow loses her powers and has to rely on him completely during fights. "
       If Kitty somehow lost her powers, she'd still be a match for any member of the hand. She has the sort of fight skills and weapons training that would make her an excellent heroine, even depowered. I'm reminded of astorm and her years spent without her powers, yet STILL the leader of the X-Men. If Kitty did lose her powers, she'd wear her Shadowcat costume - belt on some useful gadgets and a nunchaku or two, and hit the streets along side the X-Men just as Dani Moonstar still does.

But - and I feel I have to say this - I don't, and never have, thought of Lockheed as either her sidekick or pet. She was her partner. They aren't Batman and Robin or Cap and Bucky. They were Hawkeye and Mockingbird. Power Man and Iron Fist. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Neither was on top. Both were equal. Kitty could save Lockheed or Lockheed save Kitty.  
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Power NeXus
    John_Feaster said:
    Power NeXus said: John_Feaster said: @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware of his ... [more]

But being pet-sized and generally un-speaking, Lockheed is generally regarded as more of a pet than an equal partner. It's just kindof given him a bad rep. I wouldn't mind seeing him move up from the Pet Avengers and become a member of a more prominent superhero team (without Kitty) like maybe the New Avengers.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Power NeXus said:
    John_Feaster said: Power NeXus said: John_Feaster said: @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now that she's aware ... [more]
    That's why Kitty was belittled when Lockheed was revealed as a traitor.  She'd always seen him as just a cute little dragon, when he's really an incredibly intelligent being who can speak a dozen alien languages.  I like seeing him in Pet Avengers because it'll give him a chance to redeem himself a little, and raise his spirits.  Who knows, maybe after that he'll be ready to head into space & save the damsel in distress...
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John_Feaster
    xerox_kitty said:
    Power NeXus said: John_Feaster said: Power NeXus said: John_Feaster said: @Power NeXus:    Ah, but if HE rescues HER - now ... [more]

I too was hoping they'd give him a chance to redeem himself. Though, as he aparently had to do it to save his people...and he's either been banished from his planet or his people died anyway...he's suffered enough. Poor Lockheed.

But, as I was rereading the issue, I came to a disturbing realization. Is "Pet Avengers" in continuity? In the book, we have Lockheed in mourning due to the loss of Kitty - so that fit's current continuity. But at the start...Mister Fantastic is in the Blue Area of the Moon with the rest of the inhumans...and I'm certain that they've relocated to the Kree homeworld (Hala?) already.

So...in continuity or not? It's  recently been confirmed that the stories in Wolverine : First Class are in continuity (which is very cool!), but what about Pet Avengers? The way Marvel Time tends to flow, the Inhumans haven't been on the Moon for at least a couple of months (they were there for the Secret Invasion, and that's still the very recent history in Marvel Time), so - if in continuity - should this story take place just before the relocation, or just before the Secret Invasion? 

Under any circumstances, I'm considering the Pet Avengers to be Marvel Cannon till Mervel says otherwise.
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Stormultt

I miss her, reading the x-men hasnt really been the same. and for that........i hope she comes back powerful, MORE mature, and slaps the S*%$& outta emma just for kicks AND i hope she comes back to be reunited with her MOTHER AGAIN!....ororo...XDD
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Stormultt said:
    " I miss her, reading the x-men hasnt really been the same. and for that........i hope she comes back powerful, MORE mature, and slaps the S*%$& outta emma just for kicks AND i hope she comes back to be reunited with her MOTHER AGAIN!....ororo...XDD "
    same here ^^

OMG Stormultt!!! ;]
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, they can go ahead and bring Kitty back now.
    ive probably said it before but i think the whole floating in space bullet
    thing is stupid in so many ways. she could of pulled off the feat and been rescued by all the people
    that were there, including guys like Dr.Strange and Mr.Fantastic if i remember right. 
    no one even gave it a shot? yeah, sure.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stormultt
    @CATMANEXE:
    maybe she will be rescued after storm dumps BP for thor XDD
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kerukun878
    @Power NeXus said:
    "I really can't bring myself to believe she's meant to be permanently gone. No writer would be stupid and suicidal enough to kill off a character who has been every teenage comic-loving boy's dream girl for the last 40 years. "

You sure you dont mean Jean Grey? ;)
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Korg

So, S.W.O.R.D. #1 confirmed that she's still alive. I wonder if they actually plan to bring her back. The dialogue makes it sound unlikely, but why bring her up, just to dismiss her again?

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By crimsonspider89

Colossus was shown hearing things in X-Nation number one. Could it be Kitty?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.