Which is your favorite version of King Shark?

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of King Shark do you like best? His original, Great White Shark type appearance or his New 52 Hammerhead Shark appearance? I'm not sure myself, personally I think both looks work well for him, afterall, he is...A SHARK! "gets shot by Deadshot for his awful pun" XD

#2 Posted by Joygirl (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hammerhead look a lot. The eyestalks let him stand more upright, giving him a more humanoid appearance rather than just being an awkward, hunched shark with crappy arms and legs. I also like the little tendrils he has now.

#3 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

His original appearance.

#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

This version.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of the new version at all...he looked much more deadly and fearsome in his great white form

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I'm not a fan of the new version at all...he looked much more deadly and fearsome in his great white form

i agree with this, i prefer him much more as a great white rather than as a hammerhead :P

#8 Posted by mightyrearranger (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with both; I've been really happy that King Shark is one of the few characters that has kept his personality and place in the DC world after the reboot. Something has felt off about the way Glass has been writing Deadshot, but Sharky is still his good ol' self. :D

#9 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the hammerhead version. I believe they did this to move away from the Marvel Tiger shark which looks the same as him. I would have rather preferred him to be in great white form and to have a brother/rival who is the hammerhead version. And I think it would be cool to see them fight over who is better. What do you think of my idea?

#10 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his modern Suicide Squad form more.

#11 Posted by Sifighter (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hammerhead version, his original made him look human but his new look gives him a kind of creepy alienish look.

#12 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his original pre Flashpoint app for one reason.

He was a Great White who can be considered the king of sharks (like T-Rex and dinos) and he was the son of a shark god. It make's sense he would be a Great White.

Apart from that minor detail, I really like the new Hammerhead design and the character is still awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.