Follow

Killer Croc

Character » Killer Croc appears in 1503 issues.

Waylon Jones was born with a genetic mutation giving him a reptile's skin, sharp claws, and teeth; due to genetic atavism. Croc became a circus wrestler who would rise to conquer the Gotham Mob racket only then to become one of Batman's most physically imposing rogues.

Why does every one hate him?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jwalser3

I have seen battles Killer Croc vs Aunt May with people saying the old lady would win, and Killer Croc vs A Bear. Now I have not read much with Killer Croc is it. But why so much hate. I know he got his arm broken by Bane. But is that the only reason? Can some one explain, or post scans on why Killer Croc gets so much disrespect?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

I don't hate him, I just don't find him interesting. That's just me, though.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Because he's always written as a loser who fails at everything he does, everything when he should by alright be a low level super-human street leveler that should be well beyond the range of your common street cop.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jwalser3

@Crom-Cruach:Has he lost to cops before?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@jwalser3 said:

@Crom-Cruach:Has he lost to cops before?

all the f*cking time

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jwalser3

@Crom-Cruach:I hate to ask, but can I see a scan? I just can't believe that. Isn't he suppose to be huge and be a 1 or 3 tonner?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SupBatz

I think the character has a lot of potetial but a bad reputation and a lack of great stories. Most stories involving Croc set him as a secondary character easily taken out by the protagonist of manipulated by the main villain.

The only stories I can think of that feature him in a way that shows promise are Arkham Asylum (the video game), Joker's Asylum: Killer Croc, and Sideshow (a TAS episode). Perhaps if a writer used the menace of Croc in Arkham Asylum in combination with the more sympathetic angle from Joker's Asylum and Sideshow we'd finally see a great Killer Croc story.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@jwalser3 said:

@Crom-Cruach:I hate to ask, but can I see a scan? I just can't believe that. Isn't he suppose to be huge and be a 1 or 3 tonner?

can't make scans, sorry.

He's supposed to be a 3 tonner with super-human toughness, low level healing factor and armored skin but he always looses to nobodies

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Skewer

It's has to do with his new reptilian form. People think of him now as a generic lizard rip off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.