Is Killer Croc stronger than Bane?

#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

DC's wiki page states that Bane can augment his strength to 3 tons, while Killer Croc is in the 5-10 ton range. On the other hand, I remember reading someplace else that Bane once snapped Killer Croc's arms with a bear hug, WITHOUT using Venom. So whom of them is stronger, really? Is Killer Croc in fact Batman's foremost physical adversary and not Bane? Also, if the wiki info is correct, does that mean Bane would be easily overpowered by Spiderman?

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17329 posts) - - Show Bio

NO, i want him to be but he is not, the guy is soooo underrated

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc in the 5-10 range? Not likely. Bane has broken both of Croc's arms before with ease.

#4 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#5 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio
Killer Croc in the 5-10 range? Not likely. Bane has broken both of Croc's arms before with ease.

I am pretty sure that this occurred when Croc was merely a big guy with a nasty skin condition and the later copies of Batman I have read (pre 52) show Croc to be far more inline with his portrayal in Arkham City as opposed to the guy who got his ass kicked by Harvey Dent.

Then again Croc is incredibly inconsistent so one day he's tanking explosive batarangs to the chops and the next he can barely take hits from Two face.

#6 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio
does that mean Bane would be easily overpowered by Spiderman?

Yes Bane with venom is only a two ton guy I believe and he detests venom so is really just a really strong guy so Spidey would trounce him however with prep Bane can be very deadly i.e. Knightfall

#7 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc and Bane have the same level of strength, ie 3 tons. Currently, with the New 52, Bane makes use of a new Venom that it strengthens this much, and is higher than Croc. Bane will now probably class 10. Was seen jumping over 30 meters (more Spider-Man).

#8 Posted by Saren (25312 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Hush Croc was definitely stronger than even Venom'd up Bane by a good margin. Ripping a bank vault off its hinges requires serious strength. Post-Flashpoint Bane tosses boulders around and can leap several stories into the air so he seems to have received an upgrade.

#9 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Post-Hush Croc was definitely stronger than even Venom'd up Bane by a good margin. Ripping a bank vault off its hinges requires serious strength. Post-Flashpoint Bane tosses boulders around and can leap several stories into the air so he seems to have received an upgrade.

Bane is currently using a new Venom, which makes it much stronger, durable, smart and fast.

#10 Posted by Haaydrian (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint, I'd say so.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (14377 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane on venom=2-3 tons

Pre Hush Croc=1200-1500lbs

Bane without venom=1500lbs-1 ton

Croc after Hush virus=3-5 tons

New 52 Bane on venom=4-7 tons

This is what I think.

#12 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio
New 52 Bane on venom=4-7 tons

In my opinion, Bane is class 10 tons.

Currently:

Croc: 3/5 tons

Bane: 10 or more tons

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17329 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

has croc appeared in the new 52 other than batman 1# , i haven't read that much dc comics ,

#14 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc appears in Batman # 1, but is easily knocked out by Batman: D

Since that Croc is a class 3/5 tons, and since Batman can easily beat him in a melee, I would say that the new Venom, gives Bane a force of 10 tons. Should logically be at least twice stronger than Croc.

#15 Posted by Saren (25312 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@CitizenBane said:

has croc appeared in the new 52 other than batman 1# , i haven't read that much dc comics ,

He's made some appearances in Batwoman's book but I haven't read the latest issues.

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17329 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@CitizenBane said:

He's made some appearances in Batwoman's book but I haven't read the latest issues.

thanks

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity: That was mostly Croc when infected by the Hush virus. He was significantly weaker in his normal state.

#18 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks I thought that was just an upgrade :)

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc was indeed stronger but Bane has defeated him many times.

#20 Posted by gotham-nudist (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman #489 was a prime example. Great story too, read it many times. I prefer these versions of the characters, not the cartoony, overblown current ones. The new versions are so over muscled and looney it looks as if neither character could reach up to scratch his' ear! Croc had a nice rematch with Bane midway through the Knightfall storyline, although Bane rebroke one of crocs' arms.

#21 Posted by Clark_EL (2540 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

Croc and Bane have the same level of strength, ie 3 tons. Currently, with the New 52, Bane makes use of a new Venom that it strengthens this much, and is higher than Croc. Bane will now probably class 10. Was seen jumping over 30 meters (more Spider-Man).

Do you know how much? just asking

#22 Edited by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWvvhktEOUk

#23 Posted by GalacticRavenous (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoarderofhilarity: Two ton? New 52 Bane would be atleast 8 toner. Like comon he tipped a lighthouse.

#24 Posted by LyraFay (2473 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Killer Croc, can he never get a break?!

#25 Posted by Generic_User (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Although versions of these characters vary, I would generally class Bane as stronger than Killer Croc (in most cases).

#26 Posted by Darkrven9214 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

i always thought that bane was stronger than killer croc

#27 Posted by GalacticRavenous (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Croc is superior to Bane but comic Croc is kinda weak. I would set Bane on a 5-7+ton and Croc at maybe 1-2 tones.

#28 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

i always thought that bane was stronger than killer croc

The Wiki stats put Croc above him in strength but not in feats. So i'm not sure really

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (10006 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be, but isn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.