Follow

Killer Croc

Character » Killer Croc appears in 1503 issues.

Waylon Jones was born with a genetic mutation giving him a reptile's skin, sharp claws, and teeth; due to genetic atavism. Croc became a circus wrestler who would rise to conquer the Gotham Mob racket only then to become one of Batman's most physically imposing rogues.

Can I get some respect for Killer Croc?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I have always been a fan of Killer Croc but Waylon gets a worse rap then Aquaman. I mean don't put him up against The Hulk or nothing like what tends to happen but if you actually read in to him you will see what a true bad ass he is. I mean you got a guy with bullet proof skin super strength letting him lift up cars and rip the vault door of bank vaults right off. Claws capable of going threw steel like tissue paper. I bite that snaps anything it goes against in half. Not to mention a wicked awesome healing factor powerful enough to regrow lost limbs. And he can bring Batman to his knees. Not to mention he is an interesting character with a tragic origin. I will admit reading his recent one shot sparked my flame for him again but let see it respect? 

No Caption Provided
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hdorman1

does he have his rock? 

he gets a bad rep cos he is always portrayed  badely 
    he is also kinda pathetic 

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @hdorman1 said:
    " does he have his rock?  he gets a bad rep cos he is always portrayed  badely he is also kinda pathetic  "
    That's not true at all he jobs about as much as any other villain 
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I've always liked Croc, not my favorite Batman villian but there are worse.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I'm just gonna bump this a little

Avatar image for batmanbeyond234
    batmanbeyond234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By batmanbeyond234

Calendar Man and Condiment King are far worse.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Killer Croc is a badass read "City of Crime" by the guy who writes 100 bullets. The big problem with him is he's either used by writers as just a thug that's nothing but a bump in the road or he's a side story. But anyone who thinks he's not powerful doesn't know squat about him.

By street leveler standards if he got the treatment his abilities should give him due, he'd be a powerful physical threat to anyone. Especially since his mutation took over and he's become so savage and animalistic, not to mention stronger and tougher.

Respect the croc!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @Son_of_Magnus: Have you played Batman Arkham Asylum? The Killer Croc part in that is awesome. Made me like him. He's in my top 10 favourite villains partly because of that.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus: Have you played Batman Arkham Asylum? The Killer Croc part in that is awesome. Made me like him. He's in my top 10 favourite villains partly because of that. "
    Killer Croc's level was so awesome and annoying at the same time >.< lol 

@Crom-Cruach said:
    " Killer Croc is a badass read "City of Crime" by the guy who writes 100 bullets. The big problem with him is he's either used by writers as just a thug that's nothing but a bump in the road or he's a side story. But anyone who thinks he's not powerful doesn't know squat about him.  By street leveler standards if he got the treatment his abilities should give him due, he'd be a powerful physical threat to anyone. Especially since his mutation took over and he's become so savage and animalistic, not to mention stronger and tougher.  Respect the croc! "
    Agreed if his abilities were used to full potential he would be feared world wide as a high tier street leveler 
    WHiTEWiNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By WHiTEWiNG

Killer Croc is on of my favourite villains. 
    He is really cool. 

Oh, and I also liked him in the Arkham Asylum the videogame.
    Avatar image for dr__jonathan_crane
    Dr. Jonathan Crane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City of Crime?  I remember him being pretty badass in Broken City, but not City of Crime.  City of Crime had Penguin, Mr. Freeze, the missing girl, and the weird "Friends".  Broken City has the corpse of the half-eaten woman in the city garbage dump, Batman chasing down her brother, and the Ventriloquist turning out to have a pretty big connection.  Croc appeared a lot in Broken City, and he WAS pretty badass there.  I didn't really like the way he was dressed, but I definitely liked how he was portrayed.

Anyways, I've always had a soft spot for Croc.  As far as Batman: Arkham Asylum goes, I personally loved that he was a bigger, badder boss than Bane.  Bane has always annoyed me and I think he's overrated.  Still, compared to Killer Corc, Bane was a pushover!  I mean, Bane was just as vulnerable to punches and kicks as a generic thug.  Sure he could take more, but still.  Killer Croc, on the other hand, was darn near unstoppable and more than a little scary.   

ANYWAYS, the point of all this is: GO CROC!!!  He doesn't hold a candle to Scarecrow, but he is still pretty cool.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Sparda

Killer Croc was a complete monster in Arkham Asylum, so he was pretty cool there. He also was a relatively interesting threat to Batman in Hush. I think he'd get a lot more cred if one writer wrote a story that really validated him and showed him to be a major threat-I dunno, maybe like how they made Hammerhead a beast in Spider-Man a while ago.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Sparda said:
    " Killer Croc was a complete monster in Arkham Asylum, so he was pretty cool there. He also was a relatively interesting threat to Batman in Hush. I think he'd get a lot more cred if one writer wrote a story that really validated him and showed him to be a major threat-I dunno, maybe like how they made Hammerhead a beast in Spider-Man a while ago. "
    This!
    Avatar image for clayfacetheterror
    ClayfaceTheTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was actually potrayed alright in The Batman and BTAS (except in the 'Almost Got Em' episode but in that one it wasn't actually him it was Batman pretending to be him in the end). I think hes just not in things enough. Like hes rarely a main villain he's usually just..there. I think they should do a story in the comics where Killer Croc is the main villain and kind of build him up in a badass way like they did with Scarecrow last year in the Absolute Terror storyline.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By ComicStooge
    @geraldthesloth:
    What colour is Killer Croc's blood?
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By info nation
    @Son_of_Magnus: Killer Croc is PAINFULLY underrated! He just keeps mutating and strengthening with every mutation!
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Martian

I like Killer Croc.  I just don't like that he's a Batman villain...

Vezok123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vezok123

@Son_of_Magnus: Killer croc is probably one of my favourite batman villians ( behind joker ) and its a treagedy that he is one of the biggest jobbers next to rhino. Its unfortunate that he isn't going to be in the upcoming batman movie but I'm sure bane will bring in alot of fans too. I remember my first blog I ever posted here was Killer croc vs a non adamantium wolverine. It was pretty much me against everybody else for about 20 pages. By the end the blog was locked and I was acually banned because the moderators clamed that I was being disrespectful to the other viners.

Anyways its good to see I'm not the only one.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
    AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer Croc is one of my favorite comic book villains, i like his backstory its very sad and you do feel bad for the guy, hes a badass and he deserves more stories, i hope someone bumps him up he is far more interesting than the likes of two face and the riddler... who I personally dont care for.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By jointron33

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.