The Kidō Corps is also a branch in the Soul Society's military which excel in Kidō. A special division dedicated to the art. Now it is unknown who holds the position of Captain and Lieutenant and any other notable positions and the meaning of the insigna is still unknown.
The Kido Corps is resposible for opening and closing the Senkaimon between the human world and the Seireitei.
Known List of Spells
Known kidō spellsBinding spells
1. Restrain: Locks a target's arms in place behind their back.
4. Crawling Rope: An energy rope that entangles a target's arms.
8. Repluse: creates a round surface which repels and temprarily stuns whatever hits it.
9. Strike: Engulfs a target in red light, completely paralyzing them.
21. Red Smoke Escape: Creates a blast of smoke at the area where it is casted, much like how a Ninja's Smoke bomb works.
26. Curved Light: Hides the target from sight, by bending light. The spell has the ability to totally hide the presence and reiatsu of the user or specified object .
30. Beak-Piercing Triple Beam: Forming a golden triangle with one's finger, it shoots three beams of light that pin the target to one place on a surface, slamming into his or her body in three places in a shape of a perfect triangle.
37. Suspending Star: Creates a star-shaped cushion of Spiritual Energy, which anchors it to nearby objects with "ropes" of spirit particles. It can stop falling objects, acting like a safety net.
39. Arc Shields: Summons a shield of condensed reiatsu to block opponents' attacks.
58. Summoning of the Tracking Sparrows: Tracks and locates any spiritual force the user focuses on. To activate it, the user must draw a circle on the ground, cut into four parts with a specific character in each. The incantation animates the circle, causing various numbers to appear within until the specific set is found. The number set seems to be a variation on longitude and latitude.
61. Six Rods Prison of Light: Summons six thin, but wide, beams of light that slam into a target's midsection, holding them in place. Referred to as "Six Rod Light Restraint" in the English manga and "Six Bars of Light" in some of the games.
62. Hundred Steps Fence: A rod formed of energy is thrown towards the target before it disintegrates into numerous short rods which are used to pin the target to the surroundings and render them immobile.
63. Chainlike Desert: The target is wrapped from the neck down in a thick chain.
73. Inverse Mountain Crystal: Creates an inverted pyramid-shaped barrier around the caster.
75. Quintet of 1 kan Iron Pillars: Summons five incredibly tall and thick pillars to pin a target to the ground.
77. Heavenly Rickshaws in Silken Air: Transmits messages to anyone within a specific area. In addition to reciting the spell, the user must draw specific markings on their arms, which are animated by the spell to convey the messages.
81. Splitting Void: Creates an energy barrier in the form of a rectangular wall. According to Byakuya, it is capable of stopping destructive spells up to #89.
99. Part 1. Seal: Binds the arms of a target with spiritual fabric and iron shafts.
99. Part 2. Great seal: This spell's effects are divided into three "songs"
- First Song: Halting Fabric - covers a target from head to toe with spiritual fabric.
- Second Song: Hundred Linked Bolts - stabs the target with numerous metal blades.
- Final Song: Great Seal of 10,000 Forbiddings - smashes target with an immense metal cube.
1. Thrust: Pushes the target away from the caster.
4. White Lightning: Fires a concentrated bolt of lightning from the caster's forefinger.
31. Shot of Red Fire: Fires a ball of red fire at a target.
The English dub uses the phrase "Red Flame Cannon" in conjunction with the Japanese name. It also incorrectly identifies this spell as bakudō 33 in certain scenes, though correctly identifies it in the scene in which it is revealed.
33. Blue Fire, Crash Down: Fires a column of blue fire at a target in a similar manner to 31, but over a wider area and with more power.
54. Abolishing Flames: Fires a blast of purple spiritual energy that will incinerate a target completely when it makes contact.
63. Thunder Roar Cannon: Fires a massive wave of yellow lightning at a target.
63. Twin Lotus Blue Fire, Crash Down: Essentially a doubled version of #33, this spell fires two shots of blue fire with greater potency than the single-shot variety. In the anime, Rukia labels this spell as #73.
88. Flying Dragon Striking, Heaven-Shaking, Lightning Cannon: A massive blast of spiritual energy in a fashion similar to a laser.
90. Black Coffin: Forms a box of black energy around a target, which is then pierced by dozens of energy "spears", lacerating the one inside from head to toe. Aizen notes that the spell only reached a third of its destructive potential the one time he uses it, indicating that the spell would be far more damaging at full power.
These spells do not fit entirely into any other catagory.
White Crawl: Momo Hinamori uses this spell while imprisoned to knock out a guard and destroy everything within a certain radius of herself. The anime suggests that it is a binding spell, but doesn't number it.
Mirror Door: Tōshirō Hitsugaya used this to seal Momo Hinamori's hospital room. It creates a glass-like barrier which is difficult to break from the outside, but quite simple to break from the inside.
Reverse Demon: This technique cancels an opponent's kidō by hitting them with a perfectly opposite surge of energy. Yoruichi uses this against Soifon's shunkō.
Temporal Stasis: A forbidden spell used by Tessai along with Kūkanten'i.
Spatial Displacement: A forbidden spell used by Tessai with Jikanteishi to teleport a specified portion of space from one point to another, transporting even kidō spells.
Ambush Flare: This spell was used along with a Kido net and Spell 31 by Momo Hinamori to cause a much larger explosion.
Garganta: This spell is used to open up a passage to the hollow world of Hueco Mundo. The spell Rips open the dimentional fabric seperating the worlds. This then reveals a tunnel of whirling, torrential energy that must be focused and solidified to create a discernible pathway. This has been shown to be used by Tousen and Urahara as well as many members of the Espada.