No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

No Caption Provided

Seems like KICK-ASS’ preview at South by Southwest went well. Superhero Hype describes it as a huge success. Can the Austinites in the Comic Vine community vouch for this? Either way, the talks of a sequel comic and movie are continuing. As I recall, Millar’s already set on titling it BALLS TO THE WALL.

Cinemablend says that the Scottish writer’s starting talking a little more about the plot as well, saying that Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s character will return as the villain Red Mist (being the Joker to Kick-Ass’ Batman), but he’ll be stepping aside a little for a new villain - - the Motherfucker. That, or the Cunt, depending on what Millar ultimately feels like when it comes time to add a new, provocatively-named character to this already-provocative series.

No Caption Provided

Christopher Mintz-Plasse had this to say about the sequel…

"Last night at the Q 'n' A, someone asked Johnny (Romita Jr.) if they're going to have some stuff from 'Kick-Ass 2' at Comic-Con and they said, 'Yes,' which means they're going to get started on it, which is exciting… I met up with Mark actually a few months ago and we had a couple drinks and he told me it was going to be great, and he wants it to be very, very dark is what he's thinking…”

No Caption Provided

Aaron Johnson, who plays Kick-Ass himself, chimed in…

"Matthew [Vaughn] and Mark have a lot of ideas, and I think they work quite tightly… If you could get any more dark than 'Kick-Ass' is right now, then Mark had even darker ideas… Matthew went with absolutely everything but there were some things that were impossible to film. No one's going to see it because it's too disgusting.”

I think the success of the HOSTEL movies have set the bar (high enough or low enough) for how much disgusting stuff audiences are willing to stomach.  All of this hinges, of course, on whether KICK-ASS is a success.  Even though, I’m terrible at gambling, I’ll put a money-less bet out there that it’s going to do well and that we’ll see BALLS TO THE WALL and more KICK-ASS adventures after that. I think it’s got enough buzz behind it already to recoup its modest budget.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tyler Starke

Bring it on, I enjoy Kick Ass, I hope I'll like the movie

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

This is ridiculous on so many levels....

Knox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Knox

LoL! The C*nt

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @inferiorego:   I knew you'd comment on the kick ass article sooner or later with your old man negative talk, lol
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Nerx

Motherfucker xD

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Tyler Starke: The MFer of The "C?" It's ridiculous. The whole, "I'm too cool for a super-hero name so I'll have a cuss word be my name." 

I need to calm down... I wish I brought the Pet Avengers with me to work.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Tyler Starke: The MFer of The "C?" It's ridiculous. The whole, "I'm too cool for a super-hero name so I'll have a cuss word be my name."   I need to calm down... I wish I brought the Pet Avengers with me to work. "
    lol yeahh it is a bit much, millar is just kinda going for shock value, I need to check out pet avengers it looks like it could be funny.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Theodore

I can't wait for a Kick-Ass 2 comic!

Avatar image for ninjasquirrel01
    ninjasquirrel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninjasquirrel01

I think that it's pretty obvious we're not supposed to take this comic seriously. It's called Kick-Ass for goodness sake. 
    What's disappointing is I thought this was called "Balls to the Walls". Then you could have a sub-sub-title that reads: "Standin' in the Corner".

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NightFang3

I wont the Cunt & MotherFucker!

D-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By D-Dude

I think the villain should be named Bad-Ass. the anti Kick-Ass! Kicking every citizens ass! And do you guys know that falcon guy in kick Ass #1 in the very beginning? That should be the villain! After he fell he blamed Kick-ass for the accident just by being inspired by kick-Ass. 

Note:This is only my opinion and nobody should curse of think wrong of me actions.

Note 2: Bad-Ass should be the villain name for Kick-Ass 2! ;)

Griff0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Griff0

You see a preview of the motherf*cker/c*nt at the end of the kick ass movie when chris says wait till they get a load of me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.