Avatar image for renegade_lantern
    Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Renegade Lantern

This was a good book. Its not your everyday comic book but it left me wanting more! I recommend it to everyone.

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dormath

OH really I saw it on AOTS sounded pretty good. So now i want it lol.

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Dormath says:

"OH really I saw it on AOTS sounded pretty good. So now i want it lol."

I just read it. The curse like sailors in it too....lol

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dormath

that is it I am going to subscribe lol.

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Dormath says:

"that is it I am going to subscribe lol."

You won't be sorry man!

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think this book is being published at a weird time. The kid wonders why people don't try to be superheroes, but people have been doing that for a couple years now. There's always news stuff popping up about guys who dress up and protect where they live. (The one I remember best is Mr. Silent.) Normally I wouldn't think that mattered since it's a comic, but with all the effort they go into to tie it to the real world (all the pop culture references and trying to make the character seem like a normal, real kid) it kinda sticks out to me. Still think the book is good though, it's a different kind of story.

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Renegade Lantern

I kinda likes the real world references and also the fight scene was good too for what it was!

Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sasuke

Buckshot says:

"I think this book is being published at a weird time. The kid wonders why people don't try to be superheroes, but people *have* been doing that for a couple years now. There's always news stuff popping up about guys who dress up and protect where they live. (The one I remember best is Mr. Silent.) Normally I wouldn't think that mattered since it's a comic, but with all the effort they go into to tie it to the real world (all the pop culture references and trying to make the character seem like a normal, real kid) it kinda sticks out to me. Still think the book is good though, it's a different kind of story."

Buck were r u from i have never seriously heard about people acting like superheroes in my life it would be hilarious to meet this Mr.Silent guy. I really like the book and i hope it catches on cus i like the story and the direction and i don't want it to end any time soon.
    Post Edited:2008-03-04 07:04:31

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Renegade Lantern

I liked he whole realism of it! The girls dissing him, they way he fought the punks in the alley. I can't wait to see whats next!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sasuke says:

"Buckshot says:
    "I think this book is being published at a weird time. The kid wonders why people don't try to be superheroes, but people *have* been doing that for a couple years now. There's always news stuff popping up about guys who dress up and protect where they live. (The one I remember best is Mr. Silent.) Normally I wouldn't think that mattered since it's a comic, but with all the effort they go into to tie it to the real world (all the pop culture references and trying to make the character seem like a normal, real kid) it kinda sticks out to me. Still think the book is good though, it's a different kind of story."

Buck were r u from i have never seriously heard about people acting like superheroes in my life it would be hilarious to meet this Mr.Silent guy. I really like the book and i hope it catches on cus i like the story and the direction and i don't want it to end any time soon.
    Post Edited:2008-03-04 07:04:31"

I guess the difference between guys like Mr. Silent and Kick-Ass is that in the real world these guys don't actually engage in superheroics (at least as far as I know). They have costumes and they walk around, but I've never heard of them actually doing anything. Here's an interview with Mr. Silent. He says a few things that are basically the same thoughts the Kick-Ass kid has.

Other heroes: http://www.oddee.com/item_87762.aspx

Post Edited:2008-03-04 11:53:15

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Renegade Lantern

Just read Kick-ass #2. another great issue! This is becoming one of my favorite books out right now!

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By speedlgt

I am sorry I didnt like this book at all. I have not read the 2nd issue but the first was really bad. with out spoiling it too much does it get any better for our wannabe

also the art is just down right poor. perhaps with a better team (pencils and colors) it would be ok

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Renegade Lantern

speedlgt says:

"I am sorry I didnt like this book at all. I have not read the 2nd issue but the first was really bad. with out spoiling it too much does it get any better for our wannabealso the art is just down right poor. perhaps with a better team (pencils and colors) it would be ok"

I might not be the right person to answer this for you because I thought the first one was great. In a way he comes into being a hero in this one though.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By speedlgt

I thought the the 1st one was way way too dark. All i could think was stupid kid and then I asked my self where could a story go from here? I mean its meant to be real right and the reality is kid almost get killed ends up in the hospital and BAM thats game stories over no kid is gonna go do all that again.

Second I dont buy the gang (kids) being as tough as they were, one got nailed in the face with a weapon sorry boys that was game for him I dont buy him getting up at all. any way I really really was wanting this book to be great and I guess it fell short for me.

Renegade Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Renegade Lantern

I goingto have to respectfully disagree. I think it was very realistic how a kid with no H2H training at all goes out and picks a fight and get destroyed. If he would have won the first one it kinda would have made it bad for me. Him getting hit on the car was icing on the cake. Heroes losing is a very realistic spin on things.

Post Edited:2008-04-02 15:41:53

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By speedlgt

I am with you on the H2h stuff but I guess I am think if I am writing a kid trying this stuff at some point I have think "this kid is at some point gonna just run away before its too harsh" but he sticks around I dont know. I guess If your willing to vouch for it I may give issue 2 another try. But dont sterr me wrong! or I will want my 3.99 back! LOL

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I liked the second issue as well. I was really wondering what was going on when he tried to give it up. I knew he wouldn't because there are more issues and the first one started with him still a hero, but they really played up his anger and disgust with himself and what he'd done. Anyway, the fight was cool and for once I really thought the hero would lose. Looked like he'd end up in the hospital again but it ended well.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Resonate

I could have sworn that speedlgt said he was some kin of extremely intelligent person one time in a hatemail...hmmm.....I guess hiw level of grammar is beyond my comprehensive abilities to contain, I should never have questioned him

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kurrent

Issue 3 was great. This is becoming one of my favorite titles and who is the killer little girl with the katannas

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kurrent

Vance Astro says:

"The writing is really good...the art,not so much."

Yeah the writing is great! I kinda like the art it gives off the real world vibe IMO

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The writing is really good...the art,not so much.

Avatar image for long_gone_dead97
    long_gone_dead97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By long_gone_dead97
    @Vance Astro: who cares about the art, mark miller is a great writer!!!!!!
    OldmanChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By OldmanChris

I think the series is great. It is one of my favorite. 
    Its nice to see a hero; who isn't perfect and actually gets hurt like the real world. 
    The writing and art really gives off a relatable real world vibe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.