Which ending do you like better? Gets the girl or loses her?

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you prefer the movie ending where Kickass gets the girl or the comicbook ending where she ends up hating him and sends him that nasty photo of her with her boyfriend Carl?

#2 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

The one from comic book. I think that making Dave get the girl really disgraced whole point of story.

#3 Posted by SC (12709 posts) - - Show Bio

Since i know its ongoing of sorts, i prefer the one where he loses, but if I thought that this was the end? No sequels and all that, I'd prefer him winning the 'girl' since I like happy endings and all that. 

#4 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Losing the girl : the movie glorify a little too much violence/vigilantism, hell Big Daddy even seems like a good guy in the movie.

#5 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu said:
" Losing the girl : the movie glorify a little too much violence/vigilantism, hell Big Daddy even seems like a good guy in the movie. "
That's cause Mark Millar only wrote the first half of the movie. Mathew Vaughn wrote the last half.
#6 Posted by VintakaMosley (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benuben:  I don't think it totally went against the point of the story. The idea that the girl would automatically swoon over the hero was played with (spray in face), but after Dave confesses and apologizes, Katie lets him into her life. In movies people typically don't like really negative endings - hence the 1980s Little Shop of Horrors got its ending changed 

@Yumulu: Big Daddy is more of a good guy in the movie because he's not an ascended comic book nerd who kidnapped his daughter and thought "Man, wouldn't it be fun to go against bad guys" - While I understand in the comic book the point was "Big Daddy is just a guy even more crazy than Dave," the filmmakers felt that putting that revelation in would mess up the flow of the movie. Also, the comic reveal was more of an injoke for comic book readers, and it wouldn't mean the same for cinema audiences.
#7 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@VintakaMosley said:
" @Benuben:  I don't think it totally went against the point of the story. The idea that the girl would automatically swoon over the hero was played with (spray in face), but after Dave confesses and apologizes, Katie lets him into her life. In movies people typically don't like really negative endings - hence the 1980s Little Shop of Horrors got its ending changed 

@Yumulu: Big Daddy is more of a good guy in the movie because he's not an ascended comic book nerd who kidnapped his daughter and thought "Man, wouldn't it be fun to go against bad guys" - While I understand in the comic book the point was "Big Daddy is just a guy even more crazy than Dave," the filmmakers felt that putting that revelation in would mess up the flow of the movie. Also, the comic reveal was more of an injoke for comic book readers, and it wouldn't mean the same for cinema audiences. "
Yeah, but look at alot of other things done in the 80s. Watchmen, Frank Miller's Daredevil run.
#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I think "not getting the girl and receiving bad photo" makes more sense.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and my friends were watching the bedroom scene in the movie and just WAITING for her to punch him in the face or something. When it didn't happen, and they made out instead - we were surprised, but not mad. It was an alright twist - it didn't really ruin it for me.

But Millar's version is what Millar intended, and it makes more sense.

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm

#11 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just saw the Kick-Ass movie for the first time and realized that I am a complete sucker for happy endings. Maybe that's why I like characters like Superman or older comics where everything is just fine and dandy by the end of each arc.

#12 Posted by gravestoneXD28 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest its probably better cause its gonna make what happens in kick ass 2 more impact-full i wont say cause it might not happen and i don't want to ruin the story of kick-ass 2

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20161 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy ending definitely

#14 Posted by Sharkbite (291 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by THORSON (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

loses her,

i hate mushy romantic stuff in comic book movies.

#16 Posted by kgb725 (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

He kept her but he lost her anyways so it didnt matter

#17 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

losing the girl. getting her is too unrealistic. he's a nerd, and it just isn't realistic for him to get a girl really. that's what made the movie differences weird.

#18 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20161 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

He kept her but he lost her anyways so it didnt matter

i thought that was dumb in the second movie, but it was because Katie had another show to work on, so she could only make a small appearence

#19 Posted by kgb725 (5970 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20161 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@allstarsuperman: I understand that but the way she left was very odd

yeah they were supposedly together for 2 years and then she dumps him over a misunderstanding, not to mention she appearantly cheated on him

#21 Edited by kgb725 (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: If she died or had a traumatic experience then that would be understandable hell even if she moved away but i couldve written that better

#22 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20161 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.