Unscripted Review: Kick-Ass 2 #1

#1 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Girls kick ass!

#2 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
Extremely excited. Anything written by Mark Millar is great in my book.
#3 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-Ass kicks ass

#4 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

"This is the greatest thing I've ever seen."

#5 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-ass was (and still is) awesome 
This looks to b heading in the direction i hoped it would go in so XD

#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been looking forward to this comic.

#7 Posted by jasraj (4728 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont like kick ass
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

#9 Posted by foxglove (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed this less than I enjoyed the original arc, although the art was really nice. All the characters feel very affected by their movie incarnations. I don't think a full-blown hero team is the next logical step for the book. If anything I'd think Dave would be more disillusioned about team ups after his experience the first time around.

#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is so much better without all of JRJ's total input. Yes. I am a hater.

#11 Posted by Abjekt (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was a pretty great opening issue for the new arc. It sets things up nicely with the main characters - Kick-Ass himself, Mindy and the little cameo from Red Mist - and the last couple pages give us an idea of what's to come.

As mentioned, the art looks awesome. I'm not a huge JR JR fan, but I'm by no means a hater, but it certainly seems to pop more than the art he did on his own.

#12 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved this issue :)

#13 Posted by f0rk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you tell us what other comics taste like in reviews?

#14 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to read this comic.

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited to see where this story goes with a super team in the picture. These people look insane! Mindy's story has taken a real interesting turn. Good conflict there. This along with Walking Dead where my top two picks for the week.
#16 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course hit-girl will be back, it's just the generic thing we see all the time, like when B.A. swore not to kill in the A-Team, only to change his mind later. 

Kick-Ass is an awesome super-hero!
#17 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio
@f0rk:
It says "taste the awesome" on the cover, that is not the reviewers reaction.
That would be fun though.
#18 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, the paradox that are women. They hate it if you lie to them, but they never seem to want you to be too honest either. One of the reason I love 'em. That, and a few more "other things". lol

I still haven't seen the movie.

Is that how you got the paper cut on your tongue?

#19 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

love Kick-Ass. Cant wait to read this

#20 Posted by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the last issue to come out right as the movie is about to be released! And the graphic novel 5 years later.

#21 Edited by CrimsonInuTears (465 posts) - - Show Bio

"It's almost pretty." Kick-ass bein called almost pretty is a horrifyin concept. I'm seriously waitin for the blood an gore~ ^_^

#22 Posted by G-Man (34465 posts) - - Show Bio
@f0rk @FoxxFireArt
believe it or not, that little taste gave my tongue a paper cut. Guess that's how hardcore this comic is.
Staff
#23 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

i was disappointed that the first pages were straight from the magazine. i bought the magazine only because i thought that those pages were exclusive to the magazine. =/

#24 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Mark Millar is a pretty good writer who gets way too much credit. I liked the issue, it sets things up pretty good, but people need to manage expectations.

#25 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry but...i still dont like it. read every issue of kick-ass to see what the fascination is and still i am left with nothing but confusion as to how this is a "great" series.

#26 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue was meh.  I can't agree on the art sentiment, as this issue felt like a decline over the original series.  Yeah, JRJR is doing Avengers, but it's not just JRJR that is the issue here.  Dean White's colors against that less detailed look from JRJR is kind of...bland.

#27 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (324 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually only saw the movie adaptations haven't read this or the original comic series yet..

#28 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Look goos and thanks for the video..

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

gonna have to read this...

#30 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Future Free Fridays: 
Win Kick-Ass 2 #1, licked by G-Man? 

I've given up on Millar's work.  He's just not for me.

#31 Posted by G-Man (34465 posts) - - Show Bio
@strangeling but then there'd be the risk of someone trying to clone me from the DNA in my saliva.
Staff
#32 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  But you could have a new brother, but he is going to try to kill you, because you are the original...
And the CLONE SAGA would begun...
#33 Posted by Brickabrack (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks ok. I think I'll wait for the trade to come out.

#34 Posted by darth bul (130 posts) - - Show Bio

ill
#35 Posted by MP101 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love Kick-Ass

#36 Posted by harleenquinzel10 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

so excited to get this!!!!!!!
#37 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

SOLD OUT EVERY WHERE!!!!!!!!
#38 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I must get myself a copy of this.

#39 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to read this comic and watch the movie :)
#40 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
" Can't wait to read this comic and watch the movie :) "
Same
#41 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Journey Into Chaos:
I was surprised to see how much book was adapted to the movie.  I saw the movie first, and loved the series. 
#42 Posted by bobtv (81 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @strangeling but then there'd be the risk of someone trying to clone me from the DNA in my saliva. "
@Deadcool said:
" @G-Man:  But you could have a new brother, but he is going to try to kill you, because you are the original... And the CLONE SAGA would begun... "
But you'll be fine, G-Man, because sometime later, a random  would appear and offer you a way erase everything in exchange of something you love the most, so you can have a brand new day!

Back to the Millarworld, my copy hasn't been mailed to me yet, so I'm waiting to taste the awesome!
#43 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!! 
Can't wait to check that one out~

#44 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" @Journey Into Chaos: I was surprised to see how much book was adapted to the movie.  I saw the movie first, and loved the series.  "
It's cause they were working on the movie and the comic at the same time.
#45 Posted by alice of wonderland (11 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man, you should be commended for your public service. You're like the ringleader of the nerdiest book club ever. Watching your videos is WAY easier than loitering in the store "quality testing" the new books; I didn't even have to put on pants to do it!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.