Follow

Kick-Ass

Character » Kick-Ass appears in 69 issues.

Dave Lizewski was an average high school student, who's dream was becoming a hero. Dissatisfied with his underwhelming life, he created an improvised superhero suit and armed himself with a pair of batons. As time went by, he became known as the "greatest superhero of all time", Kick Ass.

More Kick-Ass News

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    There's something about Kick-Ass.  It's a pretty simple concept but the comic does indeed kick some ass.  I think a lot of people are surprised that it's been heavy in production as a movie even though only five issues have been published.  Perhaps after the success of Mark Millar's Wanted, Hollywood wanted to snap up his current project as soon as possible.  The last thing I'd want to see is a crappy adaption of this movie.  So far, things are looking pretty good.  Actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse ("Superbad") plays Red Mist in the movie.  He gave some encouraging words to MTV as far as will the movie actually kick ass:
    “I hope so,” the 19-year-old actor told MTV. “That’s all I can say is that I hope it will kick-ass. I don’t personally kick-ass in it, but other people kick-ass in it, and the movie will be kick-ass.”
    He also says that Nicolas Cage is "insane" in the movie.  Nic Cage plays Damon Macready (perhaps the character seen as Big Daddy?) a former cop that trains his eleven year-old daughter to be a vigilante (Hit-Girl).

Will the movie follow the comic or will it veer off like "Wanted" did?
    “The only thing that is not loyal is my costume,” Mintz-Plasse explained. “It looks different than the costume in the comic; but everything else is the same. I remember some people were not happy about ‘Wanted,’ because it was nothing like the comic. But this is dead-on.”
    I haven't heard an official release date yet but let's hope it's soon.
    SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SuperCoonce

this news just kicked my ass

xcodebro!x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By xcodebro!x

So stoked! I hope McLovin was being legit when he said it's just like the comic, because if not, whats the point?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

Mclovin?I'm sold

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I thought people were crazy about Kick-Ass.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Decept-O

McLovin' as a Super Hero?   What's next, Emo Phillips as Batman?  

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Kurrent

I'm so there, this is one of my favorite books

amberlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By amberlove

Nic Cage could do that part well. He'd even play the role of the Dave's dad well and I'm saying this as a person who rarely enjoys Cage on screen. Big Daddy should be a HUGE guy but you're talking about only beefed up WWE performers then.

Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8  Edited By TwilightThunder

i'm sure this movie will be a huge success, Matthew Vaughn knows what he's doing and Mark Millar's on it, he's more involved with it than he was with Wanted anyways...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.