Follow

Kick-Ass

Character » Kick-Ass appears in 69 issues.

Dave Lizewski was an average high school student, who's dream was becoming a hero. Dissatisfied with his underwhelming life, he created an improvised superhero suit and armed himself with a pair of batons. As time went by, he became known as the "greatest superhero of all time", Kick Ass.

Mark Millar's Already Thinking About Kick-Ass 2?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

There is just something about Kick-Ass that is appealing.  Despite it's sporadic release schedule, most of us are still sticking to it.  It's just that good.  People often have had thoughts or desires to actually become a superhero.  Kick-Ass is the story where one kid actually had the guts to give it a try.  The results clearly show that this is something that shouldn't actually be done. 

The success of the movie adaption of Millar's Wanted put the writer and his properties in high demand.  While Wanted was a good movie, it did veer from the comic.  In a recent interview with Sci Fi Wire, Millar talks about how he didn't have a lot of involvement in Wanted.  Things were different on Kick-Ass.  Millar was actively involved from the screenplay to casting to costumes to editing.  Millar has been a part of it all.

While Wanted was highly successful, Millar feels Kick-Ass will be bigger.  There's already talk of a sequel.
    Kick-Ass 2 is already being plotted out. We're planning it, because all the actors are quite young and we have to make it relatively quickly. So we'll definitely do that inside the next 18 to 24 months.

I think Kick-Ass is going to be even bigger. Everybody who's seen bits of it were rubbing their hands together with excitement because they think they've stumbled onto something very big. So I can't complain. It's not been a genius plan of mine or anything. It's just been a bunch of happy accidents that led to this.

Hopefully we will the comic come out more consistently.  Whenever we get those comics, it's clear that Dave's story won't be coming to an abrupt ending.
    Avatar image for sonofhercules95
    sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sonofhercules95

hope the first film makes it to the box office

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kurrent

This is great news...I love Kick-Ass

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

That'll suck if the first film doesn't actually make much money. Then the second one will be useless.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

Mark Millar licks goats.

YONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By YONY

cool im just gonna be a little pissed if kick ass turns out like watchmen, the comic was under rated mostly fan bays/girls knew about it movie came out (with the wrong ending) now everybody seems to be a big watchmen fan, i hope this wont happen to kick ass

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Slinger

I can't wait for this, but more so, I can't wait for the next comic, when the heck does it come out?

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kurrent
    Slinger said:
    I can't wait for this, but more so, I can't wait for the next comic, when the heck does it ... [more]
    Who freaking knows.....those Comics take FOREVER
    Avatar image for the_human_stain
    The Human Stain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Human Stain

Why do they take forever?  Is it because of Millar or because of Romita Jr?  Since they actually made (are making) a movie, you'd think Millar would know how things are supposed to end.  But I don't really recall Romita Jr being behind on his deadlines.

YONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YONY
    The Human Stain said:
    Why do they take forever? Is it because of Millar or because of Romita Jr? Since they actually made (are ... [more]
    i think its because Millar, i think he focus to much on old man Logan and the kick ass movie
    LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastSon1027

You would think Millar would want to actually get a story complete in the comics before he makes a movie, LET ALONE TWO!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

Already for a sequel!? A little too early.

Avatar image for the_human_stain
    The Human Stain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Human Stain
    YONY said:
    The Human Stain said: Why do they take forever? Is it because of Millar or because of Romita Jr? Since ... [more]
    But even Old Man Logan has had huge delays.  Is that because of Millar or McNiven?  What about FF?  Is that because of Millar or Hitch?  Don't get me wrong, Millar is a kick-ass writer.  Is he just taking on too much or is he just working with really good artists that just need a little more time to finish the issue?
    WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WonderBoy1132

Interesting, lets hope this makes it to the big screen.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By NightFang3

hope the first one good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.