Kick-Ass Sequel Has A Name: "Balls To The Wall"

Posted by G-Man (30607 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's some more Kick-Ass news.  Mark Millar recently talked about the sequel to Kick-Ass, despite the first movie not being released until April 16, 2010.  Also, we haven't even seen the end of the current story arc.  Issue #8 isn't due out until January 20, 2010.

Millar revealed some interesting facts about Kick-Ass.  Originally, Big Daddy and Hit-Girl were meant to be the stars of the book.  Daniel Craig and Mark Wahlberg were considered for the part of Big Daddy in the movie.  The working title for the next arc is "Balls To The Wall."  The plan is to stockpile a few issues and launch around Summer (during SDCC). 

People love this series, people criticize it as childish, but I have been enjoying it.  The movie is going to be crazy.
Staff
#1 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad Ass
#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Thats a title

#3 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
Awesome! Can't wait for issue 8.
#4 Posted by ElJuano (98 posts) - - Show Bio

no.. Kick-Ass! lol

#5 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

More Kick-Ass! is good, I just hope it doesn't get delayed so much this time round.

#6 Posted by G-Man (30607 posts) - - Show Bio
@SirSparkington: That's probably why Millar wants to 'stockpile' them.  Put a few 'in the can' so they can be released without the delays.  That's been the only problem with the series.
Staff
#7 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marky Mark and Daniel Craig where in consideration why did we end up with Nick Cage? :P 

#8 Posted by G-Man (30607 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: He actually seems more fitting for the role based on the comics.
Staff
#9 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Hehe how very true. What a great origin story. :P 
#10 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

It's delicious reading. Well written, with good wit, twists and a dose of reality added into the comics. Although obviously it's not completely real, it is very fresh on the mind after Batmans and Spider-Mans and etc. Can't wait!
#11 Posted by LordX1095 (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" If Marky Mark and Daniel Craig where in consideration why did we end up with Nick Cage? :P  "
@G-Man said:
" @King Quisling: He actually seems more fitting for the role based on the comics. "
Yeah, more fitting.... not to mention seeing Nick Cage shoot a little girl [in the scene that was posted up days back] was one of the greatest things I have ever seen. 

Anyways... More Kick-Ass is an awesome thing and that title [ "Balls To The Wall"] sounds perfectly awesome.
#12 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @SirSparkington: That's probably why Millar wants to 'stockpile' them.  Put a few 'in the can' so they can be released without the delays.  That's been the only problem with the series. "
That would definitely be an improvement. I've always wondered if it was Millar's writing or JR JR's art that caused the delays.
#13 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
Psh. Childish my a##. I <3 it.
#14 Posted by G-Man (30607 posts) - - Show Bio
@SirSparkington: Hard to say.  But there were delays with Old Man Logan, Ultimates, etc.  Just a coincidence?  Is he working with great artist that need a little more time?
Staff
#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Great title! lol
and I can't wait for the movie to come out in April ^^

#16 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Kick Ass is one of the best titles out right now. Who's saying it's childish?

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

*Clap - clap*
#18 Posted by NightFang (9856 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Thats a interesting name.

#19 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

yes every kid say  ***** ***** ** *** ************ on a daliy ******* Day
#20 Posted by TicketyTock (30 posts) - - Show Bio

DELAYS! 

#21 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Sequel to the movie or the comic?

#22 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:
"Sequel to the movie or the comic? "

comic
#23 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m waiting for the movie to hit the theaters. But also for the last issue. 
Although there are so many delays I will get this one.

#24 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOOOT!!!
#25 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

All right, so how good is the series please explain everyone i wanna know
#26 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: Well for starters, the premise is very interesting. Basically a teenage boy decides to become a superhero and fight crime. The way that Kick-Ass balances his superhero exploits and teenage life is engaging. The plot overall is very good , great characters, and very violent.
#27 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@SirSparkington said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Well for starters, the premise is very interesting. Basically a teenage boy decides to become a superhero and fight crime. The way that Kick-Ass balances his superhero exploits and teenage life is engaging. The plot overall is very good , great characters, and very violent. "

cool!!
#28 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

So many parents are going to be pissed off about this movie. I love it!
#29 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.