Follow

Kick-Ass

Character » Kick-Ass appears in 69 issues.

Dave Lizewski was an average high school student, who's dream was becoming a hero. Dissatisfied with his underwhelming life, he created an improvised superhero suit and armed himself with a pair of batons. As time went by, he became known as the "greatest superhero of all time", Kick Ass.

KICK ASS Music Video by Soft Pack

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
    No Caption Provided
    Those of you who raised your eyebrows about Mika doing a music video to tie-in with a KICK ASS a few weeks ago will now have a second option. It turns out that the movie’s putting on different promotional faces for both sides of the pond, as we received ANOTHER tie-in music video today with this description…

MTV New Media teamed up with Mean Magazine's Kashy Kahledi to create a stylish celebrity-driven music video for the upcoming movie 'Kick Ass'. The video shows what can be accomplished using a current movie (members of the cast included) and interwining with a relevant song. In this case, song is by the band Softpack.

That’s right, we’ve got an up-beat punk song (or is it post-punk? You tell me) from San Diego band Softpack starring all four of the kids in the movie. You’ve got Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloe Grace Mortez and Clark Duke - - although they aren’t playing their characters from the movie (unless these are supposed to be Red Mist and Hit Girl, et al, in their civilian identities? Nah, that would be too crazy).  I don’t think it’s the best song, but it’s certainly a fun video. Chloe unleashes holy hell on a bully while McLovin’ sprays their gang with some bazooka powered soda. Check it out for yourself…
    == TEASER == 

My mind turns, as it always does, to that particular nice of music video history that I so thoroughly enjoy - - the movie tie-in.   It turns, further, to the niche corner of that niche genre - - the music video that ties in to a superhero movie in a (usually) totally bizarre way.  And the crown prince of that lot is most definitely the video for "Partyman." See, people think about the different interpretations of Batman. There’s Frank Miller’s version, there’s Christopher Nolan’s version, there’s Tim Burton’s version, and so on. But they neglect to include possibly the most colorful one - - Prince’s Batman. Behold… 

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this April - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I've been waiting for someone to bring up the Mika video. xD I am a fan of his music but was a bit surprised that they didn;t choose someone harder or edgier but I think the video is good. Certainly better than the Soft Pack one in my opinion.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons
    I like this better than the Mika song.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By SevanGrim

ROCKET PROPELLED TWINKIES AND A FOOD-FIGHT LAUNCHER!! EPIC!

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GT-Man

funny
    cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By cmaprice

Pretty pointless. I'm not a fan of music video tie-ins like this.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

This is a helluva  alot better than the last Kick-Ass video that was posted a few weeks ago, 

You could tell that Chloe (Hit-Girl) has definitely hit a growth spurt in the video too.
    mimschkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By mimschkin

The Prince video was way better than either of the others. If anything, the Prince video was TOO entertaining.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Prince is awesome

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9  Edited By Aspenite

Go Chloe!

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By grimreaper1980

i just seen the movie, it was pretty good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.