KICK-ASS KICKED ASS!!!!!

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone see Kick Ass? It was amazing and Hit girl is amazing. If you feel you like discussing this movie this is the place to do it. It was a little diff from the book but better.
#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see it.... must... avoid... this thread.... until I see.... the movie....

#2 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio

i plan on seeing it tomarrow

#3 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio
I can't see Kick-Ass because none to the theaters here are showing it (Carmike Cinemas WTF!!!). So i'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD. 
#4 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" I can't see Kick-Ass because none to the theaters here are showing it (Carmike Cinemas WTF!!!). So i'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  "
or you can watch it online lol
#5 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it..It had differences from the comic that were a little out there but it was still a blast!

#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't plan on seeing it

#7 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:  
WHAT?
#8 Edited by Power NeXus (9853 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:

" @Son_of_Magnus:  WHAT? "


I don't plan on seeing it either. I'm a major fan of sci-fi movies of all types, but there's a point when the incredible overuse of violence, gore, language, ect just ruins the movie. I saw the red band trailer, and that's all I needed to see. I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to enjoy a movie like that.
#9 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw it, greatest movie I've ever seen...so far. I was a little upset with the changes, but you can only ask for so much out of movie adaptations.
 
@Power NeXus said:

"I don't plan on seeing it either. I'm a major fan of sci-fi movies of all types, but there's a point when the incredible overuse of violence, gore, language, ect just ruins the movie. I saw the red band trailer, and that's all I needed to see. I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to enjoy a movie like that. "
0_o                                       I thought I knew you
#10 Posted by Obtrusive (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the film tie in at least watchmen closely with the comics?  I didn't know about that comic series before I saw the trailer.

#11 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obtrusive said:
" Does the film tie in at least watchmen closely with the comics?  I didn't know about that comic series before I saw the trailer. "
what is this supposed to say?
#12 Posted by Obtrusive (1656 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:  the watchmen film somewhat resembled the comics that came before it except for a giant squid.  I was trying to ask, as confusing as possible, if the kick ass movie is like the comics, since I have never seen the any of those in that series.
#13 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  WHAT? "
Well the comic sucked and the movie looks even worse
#14 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Hit-Girl. She was cool.

#15 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  WHAT? "
Well the comic sucked and the movie looks even worse "

Well, someone who is an expert in the craft of comics said to me about the Kick Ass comic book, "It was pretty good for what it was." 
 
It falls within a certain genre that can't be compaired to either Iron Man or Surrogates.
#16 Posted by Power NeXus (9853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Retnex said:
"Just saw it, greatest movie I've ever seen...so far. I was a little upset with the changes, but you can only ask for so much out of movie adaptations.
 
@Power NeXus said:
"I don't plan on seeing it either. I'm a major fan of sci-fi movies of all types, but there's a point when the incredible overuse of violence, gore, language, ect just ruins the movie. I saw the red band trailer, and that's all I needed to see. I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to enjoy a movie like that. "
0_o                                       I thought I knew you "

Perhaps we're not as alike as we once thought.
#17 Posted by Dynoblaze (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Hit-Girl stole the movie for me. She overshadowed anyone else she had a scene with. 

#18 Edited by The Island (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid movie that reeks of child abuse.
Too bad the most liked hero which was Big Daddy DIES IN THE END.
 
The movie isn't even about kick-ass, the director put hit-girl at the center of attention to promote the ridiculous girl power and bring in more female audience.

#19 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1910 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Island said:
"Stupid movie that reeks of child abuse. Too bad the most liked hero which was Big Daddy DIES IN THE END.  The movie isn't even about kick-ass, the director put hit-girl at the center of attention to promote the ridiculous girl power and bring in more female audience. "

Lol Kickass was a good movie man and I doubt the director's attention was to have Hit-Girl b the start of the movie, but the actor was so good so hey shit happens. Nobody was bitching Heath Ledger stole the show as The Joker in TDK.
#20 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @The Island said:
"Stupid movie that reeks of child abuse. Too bad the most liked hero which was Big Daddy DIES IN THE END.  The movie isn't even about kick-ass, the director put hit-girl at the center of attention to promote the ridiculous girl power and bring in more female audience. "
Lol Kickass was a good movie man and I doubt the director's attention was to have Hit-Girl b the start of the movie, but the actor was so good so hey shit happens. Nobody was bitching Heath Ledger stole the show as The Joker in TDK. "
I did Heath Ledger sucks
#21 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @The Island said:
"Stupid movie that reeks of child abuse. Too bad the most liked hero which was Big Daddy DIES IN THE END.  The movie isn't even about kick-ass, the director put hit-girl at the center of attention to promote the ridiculous girl power and bring in more female audience. "
Lol Kickass was a good movie man and I doubt the director's attention was to have Hit-Girl b the start of the movie, but the actor was so good so hey shit happens. Nobody was bitching Heath Ledger stole the show as The Joker in TDK. "
I did Heath Ledger sucks "

NAW.....
#22 Posted by The Last Son Of Krypton (782 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was one of the most epic films I have ever seen in a long time.

#23 Posted by Feral Nova (47456 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw the movie last night, and I LOVED IT. I've never read the comics, but I thought the movie was awesome, it was funny, sad, exciting, bloody, had explosions, little girls chopping off limbs and guns, what more do you want in a movie?! >_<
 
but I am going to buy the comics, just to see how much they stuck with the story of it in the movie.

#24 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (967 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty good and I preferred it to the comic. Most of the stuff they changed made the movie work better than the original story would have on the big screen. Hit-girl was pretty damn awesome and I agree that she was more the focus of the movie than Kick-ass himself. But I found that to be the case in the comic as well (at least I found her story a lot more interesting anyway.) 
 

#25 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio

:'-(

#26 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" :'-( "
Didn't care for it?
#27 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio
@Do I have to give a name? said:

" @Agent Buttons said:

" :'-( "
Didn't care for it? "
 @Agent Buttons said:

" I can't see Kick-Ass because none to the theaters here are showing it (Carmike Cinemas WTF!!!). So i'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  "

#28 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
"Perhaps we're not as alike as we once thought. "
I don't care for excessive violence either.
But you got to realize, the violence isn't just there to get the audience excited. What's impressive with the story is how realistic it keeps things, and for anyone to be a superhero in our world they would have to use violence to get anywhere. Yeah, the violence was fun, and so was Hit Girl using words no little girl should know. Still, it has a point to its violence.
#29 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" @Do I have to give a name? said:

" @Agent Buttons said:

" :'-( "
Didn't care for it? "
 @Agent Buttons said:

" I can't see Kick-Ass because none to the theaters here are showing it (Carmike Cinemas WTF!!!). So i'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  "

"
Damn that sucks. Just read that they won't be showing the expendables either. Things like that is why people download.
#30 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by NightFang (10261 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen it yet but i'm going too, after I see Nightmare on Elm Street.  

#32 Posted by Kastiel (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

Might not see it. A bit iffy about it at the moment, then again I can't see it without my parent. >_>

#33 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was entertaining. Some of the dialogue was cheesy and some of the scenes were meh. And for some reason Big Daddy kept reminding me of Adam West Batman.

#34 Posted by inferiorego (28286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm one of the few that didn't like the film

Staff Online
#35 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" I'm one of the few that didn't like the film "
I can totally understand why you didn't like it. I saw it for free so I can't complain. Would it  be worth my time had I paid for it? In retrospect, I don't think so.
#36 Posted by inferiorego (28286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
" @inferiorego said:
" I'm one of the few that didn't like the film "
I can totally understand why you didn't like it. I saw it for free so I can't complain. Would it  be worth my time had I paid for it? In retrospect, I don't think so. "
I went to a private screening, for free, in the beginning of March and still felt ripped off.
Staff Online
#37 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Donnieman v5.1 said:
" @inferiorego said:
" I'm one of the few that didn't like the film "
I can totally understand why you didn't like it. I saw it for free so I can't complain. Would it  be worth my time had I paid for it? In retrospect, I don't think so. "
I went to a private screening, for free, in the beginning of March and still felt ripped off. "
Well that's justy sad :P
#38 Posted by inferiorego (28286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Donnieman v5.1 said:
" @inferiorego said:
" I'm one of the few that didn't like the film "
I can totally understand why you didn't like it. I saw it for free so I can't complain. Would it  be worth my time had I paid for it? In retrospect, I don't think so. "
I went to a private screening, for free, in the beginning of March and still felt ripped off. "
Well that's justy sad :P "
i wanted gas money
Staff Online
#39 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

I may see it today, looks hot! My friends who saw it said it was good.

#40 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this article to be interesting. 
 
 http://megavieeo.com/kick-ass/bam-thwack-miss-10-underrated-comic-book-movies/
 

#41 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

AHHH I SAW IT YESTERDAY AND I LOVED IT AHHH!!!!!

#43 Posted by LauraX23 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio
Kick-Ass Kicks Ass !!
#44 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio
that pun is so annoying...
#45 Posted by SilowPrime (4 posts) - - Show Bio

My New Favorite Movie.

#46 Posted by Roninidas (358 posts) - - Show Bio
@harleyquinnhawkgirl:
I just got out of the Theatre from seeng it.  Awesome Movie.  Simply Awesome.  I liked the Comic... but I really dig the Changes they made for the movie. I thought it worked really well.  I want to see it again!
#47 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roninidas: Hit-Girl reloads like a first person shooter....
#48 Posted by Roninidas (358 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:
That was so badass when she  went to Night Vision during that figt Scene.  SICK!  I hope the movie makes enough money to gurantee a Sequel.  I want to see what Red  Mist will do.  Kick-Ass's Girlfriend was smokin hot too!  I googled her, "Lyndsy Fonseca", it turns out she group up Oakland/ Alameda that is East Bay right across the Bridge from me.     
#49 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see it.... must... avoid... this thread.... until I see.... the movie....    

#50 Posted by Roninidas (358 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1:
If I am not mistaken Nic Cage said, he used  Adam  West Batman for the Inspiration of the character Big Daddy.... Interesting Fun Fact

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.