'KICK-ASS' Goes Viral?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

You should know that between my two computer screens, I usually have one open to TweetDeck (almost) all the time. Now, while I have grown relatively immune to the annoying chirping sound it makes, every so often I do manage to look up at my updates. (For those of you wondering, yes, I feel a little bit like Pavol's dog). It is a good thing I did too, otherwise I may have missed this! Could the folks at Lions Gate Entertainment be starting up a viral campaign to promote the release of KICK-ASS on April 16th? Now, this is either a really awesome fan made video, or a perfect example of viral marketing. Either way, there is no way that the person responsible for this did not see the movie-- having seen the film, I think I'm able to say that. In the film, KICK-ASS becomes "famous" after someone films him fighting and posts the fight on YouTube. While I wasn't overly excited about the movie, I do find the video kind of clever. Oh, and that is one bada$$ KICK-ASS costume! What do you think of the video? Do you think it is real or fake? Do you hope to see KICK-ASS hit other cities? Will you be checking the movie out in two weeks? 

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume looks just right... but it seems a bit late to start viral advertising.  I think it's fanmade... very brave & very cold fans :)

#2 Posted by Subject 30 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I may check KickA$$ out, but it won't be straight away.
I've not really been following it, personally.
But it looks alright.

#3 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

i vote not fanmade

#4 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

That was very much fan-made. It was kind of boring too, but I did like his costume. Only a true fan of Kick Ass could (would) get that (silly) costume exactly right! I was surprised nobody was honking their horn at him. I guess they're used to things like that going on in Berlin.

#6 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen ads at marvel.com and yahoo

#7 Posted by darkxman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

fanmade got to get me one of them 

#8 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was hit by that rail-car this video would be more realistic to the comic, lol

Of course...that would be horrible.

#9 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

No way! I was literally in Germany yesterday.
#10 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
Um
#11 Edited by Scadilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

They could have at least choreographed a pretend rescue or burglar beatdown.

#12 Posted by Schabbe (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Here in Sweden the premiere is on April 9th and i am so going to see that movie !

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio
Kick Ass is getting major play and promo... I am now compelled to check it out
#14 Posted by foxglove (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure this is a promotion.
They've been aggressively advertising for Kick-Ass. 

Personally, I couldn't be more psyched for April 16th.

#15 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! This was really, really, really, really stupid.

#16 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m so excited and I´ve found out that here in Germany the movie hits theaters on April 15th!

#17 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Speakin' da dumb.

#18 Posted by gettozachoppa (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way fair play to them its a decent video although is it meant to be so jumpy or is my connection playing me up here?

#19 Posted by Lucidforest (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Went to see Kick-Ass in the cinema last week [Scotland!]. It was definiately the most fun I've had at the cinema in a long long time! 

If you can get by the incredibly over-the-top-ness of it and the (purposely?) bad acting, it's outstanding! Also, while the music may be a selection of tracks used in other films, they've used them to epic effect here <3

#20 Posted by comicnerdy (259 posts) - - Show Bio

That was strange... 
O_o
#21 Posted by dose (10 posts) - - Show Bio

lame...

#22 Posted by chriscaliman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, new kick-ass-stuff...

have fun... 

greetings
#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7823 posts) - - Show Bio

I lol'd, whats the track on that german vid?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.