Kick-Ass Gets a Video Game

Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming this April to a Playstation 3 or iPhone near you... A game so brutal, so violent, it will blow... your... mind. IGN reported that WHA Entertainment is giving Playstation Network and iPhone fans a  chance to play as their favorite character in the Kick-Ass comic in the upcoming game "Kick-Ass"

Based on the upcoming movie of the same name, Kick-Ass will be a 3D action game starring the teenage super heroes. There will be three playable characters: Kick-Ass, Hit Girl, and Big Daddy. 

This won't be a new adventure for the hyper-violent team though, it will be based on the upcoming movie's storyline.

three teenagers are fed up with the depravity they see every day and decide to become super heroes. Players will travel through multiple environments in New York City, beating up thugs and bosses along the way. In addition to the main quest there will also be sub-missions and mini-games to check out. Two players can cooperate locally and WHA Entertainment promises plenty of gore. 

So bust out that dusty extra PS3 controller and invite a friend over, so you can decapitate random thugs across NYC.  

Some people may be upset that this is only downloadable content and not an actual game you have to drive out to the store to get. Think about it this way though. If the game ends up being mediocre, short, the controls suck, or just plain dumb and you have to spend $60 on it, there's going to be some major disappointment. If you're spending $10-$20 bucks on a game you know will be shorter than a $60 one, and it has a high chance of being mediocre, you won't be as mad. But who knows, maybe this could actually be a fun DLC game.  The game will be available April 15th for the Playstation Network and iPhone. Pricing is not available at this time.

What do you guys think? Is this going to rule? Or does it seem like something to pass on?

~Mat Elfring (InferiorEgo) is a comedian, teacher, comic book store employee, and comic book writer.~
Staff
#1 Posted by Leviticus128 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope its better than the watchman game

#2 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
As much as i would like to play this, I don't have a PS3 or an iPhone so...
#3 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

why is that guys crotch shooting fireworks out of it?

#4 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright! I'm gonna get it!

@Leviticus128:
I actually liked that game.

#5 Posted by Leviticus128 (23 posts) - - Show Bio
@Citizen 14: it wud of been alright if it was half the price; 1800ms points is steeeeeep for a game over in 90 mins
#6 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I would  love it...

#7 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"why is that guys crotch shooting fireworks out of it? "

(a) Because hes in a kick ass video game? 
(b) If they was comeing out of his butt it would be wrong?
(c) A clever ploy to throw off Hit Girls aim? 
(d) Firecracker zippers are all the craze?
#8 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...the game is going to be based on the movie rather than the comic? I don't know about that.....

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it might play like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory: 
#11 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Marshal Victory:  ..... "

Hey you asked. :)
#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory: 
lol. it was more of a statement, as i didnt address anyone, but fair enough.
your answers frightened me but i suppose as Jules Winnfield would say to me
"  If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. "
#13 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I don't have an iphone or PS3. 

#14 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

definitely not getting this

#15 Edited by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" @Marshal Victory:  lol. it was more of a statement, as i didnt address anyone, but fair enough. your answers frightened me but i suppose as Jules Winnfield would say to me "  If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. " "

A statment as a question is still a question.An those were the pg 13 answers. I self editied the more adult ones.Good quote by the way. 
Tho im more worried why kick ass has fire comeing from his forehead as well in that pic.With the sign Franks in the background its down right scary. 

By the way http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1071598p1.html has a review of kick ass movie. one minor spoiler tho .They gave it 4 outa 5.
#16 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Marshal Victory: 
thats a good rating. im there eitherway. read the comics so there not much to spoil.
i think it will translate well. as for translating to a video game...eh. too each their own,
doesnt excite me. the action figures are really sweet though. this is going to be huge.

the fire from his head is his telekinetic powers of course.
#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't usually download... but hell, one day I might be bored enough to give it a shot. :D
#18 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#19 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to play this game hopefully its good.
#20 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I don´t have a PS3 but this game doesn´t sound sooo interesting. I think I won´t miss anything although Kick-Ass is great.

#21 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leviticus128:  I thought it was pretty good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.