Kick-Ass 3 comic book (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

#1 Posted by Gurps_Guy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

WARNING: SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED BELOW! You should read Kick-Ass 2 before reading this thread.

Mark Millar has said that Kick-Ass 3 will take place two or three years after the end of Kick-Ass 2. Mindy is in prison and Dave is destitute after loosing his father. Superheroes have been banned, but some of them are still operating under the radar. For further information go to http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a382741/kick-ass-3-detailed-by-mark-millar.html

What do you guys want to see happen in the Kick-Ass 3 comic book? What do you think will happen? Do you want Hit-Girl to escape from prison on her own or have assistance? What about Red Mist? Should he be in a wheelchair? Should he even be the main villain this time around? What about Kick-Ass himself? Would you prefer that he retired from super-heroing after the end of Kick-Ass 2, or him still performing as Kick-Ass? What do you think will happen to Gigante, Red Mist's corrupt cop uncle who arrested Hit-Girl? Will Mindy's mom end up in the insane asylum after finding out what her daughter had been up to? Will Marcus be jailed or fired for protecting Mind? Do you think Kick-Ass or Hit-Girl will die? Finally, what heroes would you like to see working under the radar - members of Justice Forever or brand new, never before seen heroes?

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Red Mist will return to Villainy after that confrontation...

I can see Dave recruiting for his own team of Superheroes in an effort to free Hit-Girl or take down Red Mist's uncle.

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hope theres not that big of a time skip. it would be cool to see red mist and kick ass have to team up to take down his uncle.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

It would also be cool if Marcus got fired from the police and became a superhero maybe even a new big daddy.

#5 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hope theres not that big of a time skip. it would be cool to see red mist and kick ass have to team up to take down his uncle.

It would also be cool if Marcus got fired from the police and became a superhero maybe even a new big daddy.

I wonder if Mark will take the "Star Wars" theme so far as to have Chris kill Rocco and end up getting killed himself in the process. Or maybe he'll surprise us like he did in Kick-Ass 2 when "Yoda" got his head cut off a mere three issues in. As for Marcus, I think the "Big Daddy II" scenario would only work in the movie, where they're old buds. In the book, though, he seems to think Damon was a total psycho so the chances of him even considering carrying on his legacy are pretty slim.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I wonder if Mark will take the "Star Wars" theme so far as to have Chris kill Rocco and end up getting killed himself in the process. Or maybe he'll surprise us like he did in Kick-Ass 2 when "Yoda" got his head cut off a mere three issues in. As for Marcus, I think the "Big Daddy II" scenario would only work in the movie, where they're old buds. In the book, though, he seems to think Damon was a total psycho so the chances of him even considering carrying on his legacy are pretty slim.

wow someone talks to me like after a year, lol. I agree with what you say. I hope Chris does make up for his time as a supervillain, I dont necessarily want him dead though. I dont like how Kick-Ass 3 has completely forgot about Marcus though, since he had such a big part in Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl mini. Also, yeah in the movie I want Marcus to become Big Daddy, because Big Daddy was more heroic in the movie version.

#7 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Meh, I was bored and figured this wasn't really "topic-bumping" since the series isn't even over yet. Like I said, Mark has strayed off the predictable path before. As for your disappointment of Marcus not getting enough coverage, with Justice Forever getting wiped out Dave's gonna have to turn to somebody for help rescuing Mindy.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_dark: true dat. i just read through kick-ass 3, I dont thin Juicer or insectman is really dead. And I do believe that redmist will do something special. I think he will live and go live with his mom out in vermont maybe.

#9 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: No offense, but I hope you're wrong about the Juicer. I never liked him. I mean, he made a mural on Mindy's wall and didn't even put her in it. At least the solicitation for the final issue makes it sound like she's gonna survive issue 7. I was worried that she was gonna die completely helpless, like her dad and the Colonel. Now that there's a chance she'll be on her feet, I feel slightly better.

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_dark: I dont like the Juicer either, it just seems his death was so wasted though. Apparently he had cool electric tech and stuff. And it never shows him die, just a cracked window with some blood. He could just be hurt. As for insect man he was a cop and all he said was "oh no". He could have escaped as well. I for one don't want Mindy to die, at all, period. If anybody dies it should be Kick-ass or maybe Redmist, but I really don't want it to be Hit-Girl.

#11 Edited by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I don't really want her to die at all, either. I just REALLY don't want her to die in the "sit still and eat this ice pick" method that Rocco has in mind. You get what I'm saying?

#12 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I don't really want her to die at all, either. I just REALLY don't want her to die in the "sit still and eat this ice pick" method that Rocco has in mind. You get what I'm saying?

i hope Hit-Girl does what she did at the end of her mini series, remember how she killed the guy with those mommy bear, daddy bear, and baby bear bullets, Hopefully she ends up killing Rocco with the pick or some how makes rocco kill himself or something.

#13 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: If Chris beats her to that (he's the "Vader" here after all), she could always kill Gigante in some particularly awesome and ironic fashion. What sounds better, running him over to make up for last time or strangling him with the chains he put her in?

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_dark: I dont know, I just hope I like it a lot. And be pleasantly surprised as well.

#15 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. So the sixth issue is coming out a couple weeks from now (nice that they finally tell us) and apparently by the end of the series, two of the three main characters are gonna bite the dust. Any predictions on who?

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_dark: issue 6 was supposed to be out in december, then January 29, now it says February 19. It's a little frustrating. I think Red-Mist will die, I think both Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass will live, maybe one of them will be wounded bad though.

#17 Edited by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I really hope that Mark doesn't plan on having Mindy spend the rest of the series in a coma or something.

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I really hope that Mark doesn't plan on having Mindy spend the rest of the series in a coma or something.

I doubt that would happen

#19 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least now they have a preview up on CBR. What IS the big surprise, I wonder?

#20 Posted by Black_Arrow (1896 posts) - - Show Bio

this chapter of the trilogy is going too slow

#21 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: thats what i though, read the new issue it advances a lot

#22 Posted by Mitrageist (7175 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that I only care for the movie? I kind of want to read the comics but at the same time don't.

#23 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: One thing I can certainly say for the movies is that they're way less depressing than the books. For instance, both versions of Big Daddy are somewhat certifiable, but at least you can sort of feel sympathy for the movie version. I could totally see myself going off the deep end if I lost my job, my wife, and didn't get to see my daughter for five years all because I told the bad guys to shove it. But a regular mid-life crisis? I'd do therapy or something and move on, not kidnap my child from my ex and brainwash her into becoming an assassin just for kicks. If you don't like the idea of Dave and Mindy being a couple, though, you might wanna try the books. She's still only 13 years old in this version (and currently in jail) so romance is not soon on the horizon.

#24 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Is it bad that I only care for the movie? I kind of want to read the comics but at the same time don't.

their on youtube if you dont feel liking paying........

#25 Posted by Mitrageist (7175 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

their on youtube if you dont feel liking paying........

Hmm... I might check them out.

#26 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally got around to reading the latest issue. Did not expect Mindy's mom to react that way to her vigilantism. Makes you wonder how exactly she and this version of Damon broke up...

#29 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Chris didn't exactly kill "the Emperor" but he did save a good guy from death at the cost of his own life. It was nice to see Dave actually caring about Mindy since he spent most of the chapter deciding whether to bust her out or bang his new girlfriend and he kept choosing the latter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.